I just went back and looked at the tongue again. Where the frame goes into the trailer, it looks pretty clean. I'd take some new steel, go back into the trailer about a foot and run it along the outer rail to the ball hitch on each side. As for the wheel wells, I bet on the one side they had a blow out at one time, resulting in what you see. Plus, I agree, the tires are huge...not 7.00 X 15s - my Caravel
owners manual said 6.75 x 15s. I'll take some pictures of the tongue on our Caravel
. I mentioned in an earlier post that our tongue looked like that...it did on the inside of the U channel, but I used the Camp Lejeune Morale Welfare and Recreation welding shop ( a great free asset on the base for the Marines - you only pay for the steel and torch time) and we welded it with new, clean metal reinforcing it quite a lot - also the bumper needed welding. How is the bumper on this one - another indicator of frame problems.