Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Parting out 65 Caravel

Well........I have gutted the Caravel and have been going back and forth about restore or modernize......I believe I have come to a decision....Modernize it is (for the most part)

I have been trying to decide about the Magic Chef range as it was practically the only thing that operated correctly but, I think its going...and the vent hood ( I dont think the fan works but it is in there)
The Hydro flame heater is in pretty good shape and is a maybe a candidate for a reinstall seeing that I cant find a heater that I like for a reasonable price

This whole project started with the water heater....which led to rotted floors and subsequently a rip out.....to get to the bathroom, you have to remove EVERYTHING except the front goucho....but the water tank literally shattered from years of sitting in the heat, so the front goucho came out to.

Oh, and I have the power switch assembly that transfers the power from city to battery / univolt if someone wants it

There you have it folks....a 95 percent rebuild for the interior and it will be modernized...

Im looking for light diffusers (the one on VTS are out of stock)

Already in the mail...new water tank, pump, windows and operators, fridge, AC, charger converter, distribution blocks, marker lights, license tag light, tail lights, toilet, valterra valve assembly, ABS for black tank rebuild, water hose connection, shore power connector, bath restore paint, and on and on and on.....
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
gaucho available

I have a forward Gaucho bed (no cushions) available if anyone wants one...and a magic chef range...and a vent hood...a sink...all marked manufactured in 1964
smily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel