Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
UK Airstreams

I happened across a youtube video the other day of a 2014 UK Airstream 604.
I'm sure the Brits have all sorts of things mandating stuff we don't have to have here but I gotta say the surround seating with the plush red leather looks incredibly comfortable. Which from what I've come to learn the seating in our versions in similar configured Airstreams is not at all comfortable. I wonder why Airstream chose to seemingly address the issue with the European market but has addressed our issue with recliners.

hhmmm
davcarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcarv View Post
I happened across a youtube video the other day of a 2014 UK Airstream 604.
I'm sure the Brits have all sorts of things mandating stuff we don't have to have here but I gotta say the surround seating with the plush red leather looks incredibly comfortable. Which from what I've come to learn the seating in our versions in similar configured Airstreams is not at all comfortable. I wonder why Airstream chose to seemingly address the issue with the European market but has addressed our issue with recliners.

hhmmm
Two reasons, I think.

Firstly, the innards of the Euro models are designed and built in the UK and have no relation to the innards produced at the Airstream factory in Ohio. They are building for the European market which has different demands.

Secondly, the European Airstreams are considerably more expensive than those built for the North American market. It's partly because the market there will stand the higher price, which then allows Airstream UK to spend more on the interior fit. You see the same thing with the Auto market; the build quality and equipment specification is better in Europe but the cars are significantly more expensive.

Just my tuppence worth, or two cents worth, which ever side of the Atlantic you happen to be on

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
2018 30' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
I saw another video on YouTube from the practical caravan series.
They reviewed what I believe is a 28f International 684 from 2011.
As reviewed 52300 pounds.
An internet converter converted that in US dollars to
That'd be about 66,000 with discounts.
If I'd been offered a deal like that with that configuration I would taken that deal in a New York minute..... To coin a Yankee phrase.
Yes that's from 2011 and I'll keep looking for a recent example but for now IMHO that's Apples to Apples to a Serenity similarly configured.
I like the bed from the left. I really like the sofa with its, not too little and not too much, just right over stuffing. I especially like the wrap around configuration that seems to me that would facilitate a great American Pass-time hanging out in the family room with friends.
And that's a 2011. I need to see what a 2014 looks like.
So if I'm right and it bears out price is not to consideration than it must be that Market Studies are saying they won't sell.
We'll, they didn't ask me, ... And I bet that I'm not alone.
Don't get me wrong, The new Land yacht interior is awesome as is the International series.
I mean heck they make em here and ship them there.
The overhead to make it happen can't be that high.....
Ya know,.... I've heard that Airstream will customize any thing you want as long as you want to pay for it......
I'm gonna find out lol...
davcarv is offline   Reply With Quote