Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #1921
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
A&P Vintage Trailer Works is located in Paradise, TX about 25 miles Northwest of the DFW airport. Paul's cell phone number is 817-919-3651. His crew is very experienced and his shop is an authorized Airstream repair facility. The local gas station is a country store and they have great sandwhitches. There are no close motels and I stay is a Best Western in Decatur which is about 15 miles away. This is really rural Texas.

I have watched them replace the entire side panel of a 33' tri-axle and when they were done, one would have to look very closely to see that the rivets were not like the originals that were bucked from the inside.

If you want to receive quality workmanship, then expect to pay a fair price no matter what one does.

A&P has done excellent work on both our 2014 31' Classic and our 2015 23D International Serenity.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:56 PM   #1922
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Reno , Texas
[QUOTE=MattBrick;2456216]I had a similar thing happen on my 2020 23FB... I wish I had better news for you but it it was because of a leak(s) in my plumbing. I assume you the new composite floor? The discolouration is because the water is trapped between the impermeable subfloor and flooring. The good news is that my dealership replaced the entire vinyl floor, not a quick process because the entire interior needed to be removed and replaced. They claim Airstream was still not clear if they would pay for the work or the dealership. Regardless I would bring that in right away to your dealership.

MattBrick; I don’t know if I have the composite floor. I bought my 23FB at the end of March last year. It is my understanding that AS introduced the composite floor during the 2020 production year. I took it in to AS of DFW (Vogt) yesterday and waiting to hear what they find. Geez! I hope they don’t have to remove the entire interior to replace the floor. I’m a full-timer and am currently having to stay in a hotel. How long did it take?
missaviatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #1923
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Reno , Texas
[QUOTE=switz;2456325]A&P Vintage Trailer Works is located in Paradise, TX about 25 miles Northwest of the DFW airport. Paul's cell phone number is 817-919-3651. His crew is very experienced and his shop is an authorized Airstream repair facility. The local gas station is a country store and they have great sandwhitches. There are no close motels and I stay is a Best Western in Decatur which is about 15 miles away. This is really rural Texas.

Switz; I took a drive out to A&P last month when I was looking for someone to install my ProPride hitch. You are correct about two things: 1. It is definitely rural Texas and 2. they do amazing work. They are also very nice people!

Wish I had known they were an authorized Airstream repair facility. I would have taken my baby there!
Old 02-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #1924
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Reno , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBrick View Post
I had a similar thing happen on my 2020 23FB... I wish I had better news for you but it it was because of a leak(s) in my plumbing. I assume you the new composite floor? The discolouration is because the water is trapped between the impermeable subfloor and flooring. The good news is that my dealership replaced the entire vinyl floor, not a quick process because the entire interior needed to be removed and replaced. They claim Airstream was still not clear if they would pay for the work or the dealership. Regardless I would bring that in right away to your dealership.

Good luck!!!

MattBrick: Unfortunately you were right on. In my case the door seal was leaking and the water was trapped between the composite floor and the vinyl flooring; causing the black spots.

Took it to the dealership. They are one week in and are removing everything from inside the entire trailer; to the bare walls. They will then replace the vinyl floor. Airstream is covering it under warranty.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #1925
3 Rivet Member

2021 23' International
P , California
What causes the black spots? Is that black mold?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #1926
1 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
BAINBRIDGE , Washington
Pedestal table wobble

Pedestal table wobble-
We have a 23 foot flying cloud front bedroom. There’s a lot of play in wobble in the pedestal for the table. Wondering if there is a fix or an adjustment for this?
I did a quick search on the forum and got lots of hits for other types of tables but not the pedestal.
Fjb1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:36 PM   #1927
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjb1098 View Post
Pedestal table wobble-
-- snip n -- Wondering if there is a fix or an adjustment for this? -- snip --

See post #2 on this link - https://www.airforums.com/forums/f54...fb-198250.html

The locking latch is easy to latch and not to fully engage it, which leaves the top loose.

I found it by searching for a "pedestal table lock". But there was an advantage, because I made the original post.

Hope that helps, it helped us when we figured out the issue. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #1928
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Reno , Texas
Black spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
What causes the black spots? Is that black mold?
I am being told it is a reaction of the glue to the trapped moisture. However, it looks to me like mold.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:01 AM   #1929
Don P

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
bedroom conversion

I finished my 2015 23FB bedroom remodel and thought I would share some info and a few photos. The queen bed was reduced to a short single berth on the curb side and a large desk on the road side. I am 5'8" and just barely fit into this berth but I have been sleeping in it for six weeks and have no issues. It would not work for anyone taller. The alternative would have meant losing the two drawers under the wardrobe and cantilevering the remaining cabinet, modifications I did not want to undertake.

I tried to construct the cabinetry while mimicking Airstream's quality and methods. No glue was used but lots of pocket joints to connect plywood in butt joints. The vertical laminate is the same as the original Gold Alchemy but the original horizontal laminate is no longer available so I went with black matt. Drawer guides, hinges and latches were of comparable quality. Plywood was ¾" 13-ply baltic birch grade BB/BB, overkill in quality and weight but all that I could find at the time.

Shore power, inverter and 12 volt outlets were extended from the curb side to the desk.

The batteries on the A-frame were removed and replaced with two BB lithium ion batteries and located under the bed. The final tongue weight was measured using the bathroom scale method. The trailer was loaded for extended travel and has three 100 watt panels on the roof. The tongue weights are 558 lbs. no water and full propane and 636 lbs. full water and propane.

The project took about five weeks of part-time labor while living in the trailer. Total cost of materials and misc. supplies, not including electrical, came in just shy of $2000. I'm very happy with the result. Now I can kick back and enjoy myself!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9359.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	389622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9347.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	389623  

Name:	IMG_9348.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	389624  
RollingCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:10 AM   #1930
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
[QUOTE=missaviatrix;2456555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
A&P Vintage Trailer Works is located in Paradise, TX about 25 miles Northwest of the DFW airport. Paul's cell phone number is 817-919-3651. His crew is very experienced and his shop is an authorized Airstream repair facility. The local gas station is a country store and they have great sandwhitches. There are no close motels and I stay is a Best Western in Decatur which is about 15 miles away. This is really rural Texas.

Switz; I took a drive out to A&P last month when I was looking for someone to install my ProPride hitch. You are correct about two things: 1. It is definitely rural Texas and 2. they do amazing work. They are also very nice people!

Wish I had known they were an authorized Airstream repair facility. I would have taken my baby there!

I can vouch for Paul as well, he finished a twin from queen conversion on our 23FB. He cut off the lower half of the wardrobe and made a nightstand. He also installed solar panels and installed an additional access door on the driver side for access under the new twin. Great work.
Rocket53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #1931
SR

2014 23' FB International
DFW , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCloud View Post
I finished my 2015 23FB bedroom remodel and thought I would share some info and a few photos...
That is a nice workstation! Thank you for sharing the details.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #1932
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Guelph , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCloud View Post
I finished my 2015 23FB bedroom remodel and thought I would share some info and a few photos.
Great job, nice and functional sleep and workspace!
rich.dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #1933
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I received my custom filler cushion from Ultimate Airstreams to convert my dinette area into a lounge. I'm very pleased with it. They matched the Espresso Ultraleather perfectly, and the cushion feels identical to the others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fill cushion.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	391072  

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #1934
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I finally had a chance yesterday to use my Sherline scale to get a more accurate estimate of the tongue weight of my 23FB. I checked the weight with empty holding tanks, full propane tanks, and roughly 80% of our camping gear in the trailer. To my surprise, the tongue weight showed 535 lbs., which is right at 10% of the trailer weight. I expected it to be heavier. I’ll check it again when fully loaded for camping next week, and I’ll definitely bias my loading at or in front of the axles as I have always done.

I was happy to see the tongue weight a bit lower than expected, as this gives me a bit more margin for the load in my truck.

Looking forward to hitting the road for the 2021 season!

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:04 PM   #1935
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Tennessee
Dinette Conversion

Posted these photos on Airstream 23's fb page and forgot to post here as well. We converted the u-shape dinette into a more comfy couch and added a lagun table.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2153 (1).PNG
Views:	71
Size:	1,011.2 KB
ID:	391390  
Attached Images

Tinker Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #1936
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
Tinker Toy
Beautifully done and thanks for sharing.

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE

Airstream Club International #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #1937
SR

2014 23' FB International
DFW , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletoo View Post
Tinker Toy
Beautifully done and thanks for sharing.
I agree. Nice job.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #1938
2 Rivet Member

2022 23' Globetrotter
Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Anyone know the power awning extended dimensions for the globetrotter 23 FB?
RichAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #1939

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by missaviatrix View Post
MattBrick: Unfortunately you were right on. In my case the door seal was leaking and the water was trapped between the composite floor and the vinyl flooring; causing the black spots.

Took it to the dealership. They are one week in and are removing everything from inside the entire trailer; to the bare walls. They will then replace the vinyl floor. Airstream is covering it under warranty.
I am really sorry you had to go through the same thing I did! It took Traveland a couple of months to get the job done. Things went back in ok, but some stuff just never sat right since the floor was redone.

They gave me a different vinyl floor, which actually looks ok. But man, I would wish that process on no one.

Any kinks you found when things were installed? My dinette never really fits snug against the side by the main door. Some bumps and scrapes etc.
MattBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #1940

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Toronto , Ontario
Anyone seen this type of corrosion on the Main door handle?

I have noticed this corrosion on the handle for a while. And after a lot of more serious issues I was not as concerned about it. However, I just noticed that the two points of contact were never caulked. Anyone know if that could be the source of the corrosion or if the handle across are sealed somehow form the instead of the the trailer? I had massive leaking issues and my trailer floor had to be replaced. I just want to know that this is not yet another leak... I can't go thought having my floor replaced again!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	391570   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	391571