Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #1741
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Liberty Hill , Texas
Found the solution. I turned on the monitor started the Par and then turn on the power (lights on) to the camera
International 23FB
Franktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #1742
3 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Somewhere , Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0682.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	370306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	370307

Finished solar install using the pre-wire. 200W on the roof.

Added the victron monitor for the battery and mppt in the “garage” along with a usb plug since we usually keep a speaker in there!

I think for a full day in sun 330Wh isn’t too bad.

I’m going to clean up the install of the wires with some custom made lengths once I start the next 200W install.
chris_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #1743
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
New 23FB owner - sold to very nice people

Today a nice couple inspected our FC23FB and found it to be their next Airstream.

So, while we may post from time to time in the future, we no longer own an Airstream. We have enjoyed Glimmer. The BMW X5 and FC23FB made a nice paring to travel our good old USofA.

The Airstream community is a great slice of the RV world. We have greatly enjoyed being a part of it. Rolling into the VIP parking at the Balloon Fiesta was a fantastic experience. Flashing headlights at numerous coaches as we traveled from one coast to the other was exciting. Being part of Airstream history is a wonderful page of our retirement travel.

You all enjoy your shiny and while being careful, get her out and travel.

Hope to keep seeing you down the road with a smile on your face. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:32 AM   #1744
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Beach Park , Illinois
Congrats Pat Hope to see you down the road one day. Enjoy retirement!

John
51hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:01 AM   #1745
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Congrats Pat. Going to stop camping all together? Or are you moving over to a big motor home? Enjoy your retirement. I’m coming up on one year retired. And I agree with most folks I talk with, I should have retired sooner.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #1746
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
-- snip --Going to stop camping all together? -- snip --
No, we are on a ten year plan. Then we'll see if we are still safe to drive.

The coach is viewable in the end of RV Texas You all's You Tube Tiffin Factory tour video. Starts at 13:30

It was difficult to find a replacement for the 23FB.

Ya'all travel safe and with a smile. Hope to see all out there, down the road. Pat
Old 06-27-2020, 04:40 AM   #1747
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Beach Park , Illinois
Very nice ride and I'd say a bit of a upgrade. Pat Enjoy the road trips and if you'll still flash the headlights at Airstream's we'll know it's you.

John
Old 06-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #1748
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Safety Harbor , Florida
Pat,
Thanks for all the tips along the way, especially when we first got our FC23FB and started towing with our BMW X5d. Your advice was always welcome. Enjoy that new rig.Travel in comfort!
dog_tired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #1749
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Tennessee
Upgrade and future "downgrade"

Hey all, while I've been a member of the forums for awhile, I've most recently been lurking the 23FB thread. Hubby and I own two Airstreams a 19' Bambi International and 30' slide-out. We decided to sell both and settle on a new one between those two sizes. We are a fan of the twins, but personally wasn't a fan of the 25' the split bath. When Airstream came out with the Globetrotter 23FB with twins, I fell in love...however NOT with the price tag, plus a few other "upgrades" we weren't particularly fans of such as the power awning. So after reading this forum and knowing it could be done, I convinced my very handy, dandy husband we could get the 23FB Flying Cloud and convert it to twins and customize it the way we would use it. We ended up trading our 19' Bambi for a 2019 23FB Flying Cloud, it was used only one week-end by a couple who decided it was too small to take their grandchildren. So with all that being said, we are almost done with the conversion and plan to take it out for its maiden voyage as a 23FB-Twin : ) This wouldn't have been achieved without reading this thread and getting some awesome ideas from several of you who have already done this, so thank you. Many of you on this thread provide a WEALTH of helpful and technical information, not to mention this seems to be a close-knit group. Looking forward to learning more about this unit from those of you who have experienced it. P.S. Extra shout out about the hot water tank needing extra support, hubby did that during the conversion process. Also Woodland Airstream in Grand Rapids Michigan was awesome to deal with...highly recommend.
Tinker Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #1750
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Beach Park , Illinois
Table

Well I've been at it again. I saw somewhere of either this forum or the 23D forum that someone redid the table and attached it to the wall. I took that idea and added to it by adding power/USB to it.

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	371598

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	371599

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	371600

First I used some old Oak to make the table top then added Ash ends for the outlets.

I used 1 1/2x 1 1/2 inch aluminum angle to support the back and side of the table against the wall. Using some 3/16 rivets with 1/2 inch heads to secure it to the wall.

Used a 1/8 inch veneer to cover the face underneath.

The outlets I got from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d-b31d6b1bfbee

Then I had enough slack in the 110 vac line in the wheel well area to put another outlet inside the wheel well.

Cut a small oval in the plywood seat bottom as well as the 1x2 support against the wall for the 110 wires to go through.

Took off the sliders from the old table and screwed the new table directly to the plate.

Took the seat back and stored it and the bottom cushion fits in to help hide the 2 110 vac wires from the new outlets to under the wheel well.

More table space and I don't have to either bend way down or use a extension cord from above for power anymore.

The space where the back cushion was is a little wider then the seat which works out well for outlet access.

Now to hit the road. John

PS There is only the 2 of us so the second bed isn't necessary.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #1751
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Tennessee
23FB Queen to Twin Conversion Photos

As I mentioned in earlier post hubby and I decided to consolidate from two Airstreams 19’ and 30’ with slide out down to 1 Airstream sized in the middle. It was due to several of you who proved a conversion could be done that we settled on FC 23FB. Thanks to all the collective ideas from this forum, I’m attaching photos of our conversion. Apologize in advance if they upload sideways. I reduced the size before uploading but sometimes this forum has a mind of its own.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2020, 05:21 AM   #1752
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Nice work Tinker Toy. Like the wine rack at the foot of the bed. Lots of uses.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #1753
SR

2014 23' FB International
DFW , Texas
Agree. Nice work on the conversion. Very functional. Thank you for sharing.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:26 AM   #1754
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Tennessee
Thanks for the compliments. All the work goes to hubby. I come up with the ideas based on what some of you all have done, and he has the skill to execute. I'm sort of OCD about function so I appreciate you recognizing it is functional. The area under the nightstand contains a laundry tub to hold clothes that need to be washed....although one of my dogs may have been eyeing it as a place to lay.
1) The beds are both 34x80
2) Each side of the night stand has a power outlet with USB.
3) The street side bed has 3 doors with full depth storage.
4) The curb side has partial interior storage as shown in the picture with plastic bins and dog bowls. The rest of that space, as you know is, occupied by the invertor, hot water tank and some exterior storage.
5) The cutout at the foot of the bed holds stemless plastic wine glasses
6) Hubby utilized the curved support from the queen bed to make the little curved bathroom counter cabinet.

We are still tweaking a few things to make it work for us. I actually think it is more functional and has better storage than our 30' with slide-out. Both of us appreciate the information in this thread. Through reading this thread, he even took the time to better support the hot water tank while he had that area totally exposed.

Thanks again...hopefully we can meet some of you on the road in person someday. We are also members of the TCPC Airstream Park in Crossville, TN.....just in case you happen to camp there. Janet and Pete aka Tinker Toy.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:38 PM   #1755
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Toy View Post
-- snip --

6) Hubby utilized the curved support from the queen bed to make the little curved bathroom counter cabinet.

-- snip --
Had seen most of the rest, but #6 is brilliant. Well done! Pat
Old 07-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #1756
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Toilet issues. Toilet not holding water. Gasket was off center. I grabbed the whole toilet and turned it and now the gasket is centered side to side and it kinda holds water, but now the gasket is showing more in front. The toilet itself is a little loose on the floor. There are plastic bolts or bolt covers down there, I’m not sure. Any advice?
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #1757
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Yes, pull the toilet, replace the seals and get back to camping. Can't speak specifically about your '19 toilet, but the plastic caps usually pull off to show a couple of nuts that allow removal. There is a valve to shut off water to the toilet and a union/clamp to disconnect the water. After you pull the toilet, there is a hole at the back where you can access two bolts that hold the top and the bottom together. That allows access to the seal.

You might buy yourself some time by using silicon grease to lube the seal and tightening the bolts while you wait for new parts. Take care not to over tighten the bolts.

Look on you-tube to see if there is a video on your toilet. Should be a label on the back. Phone picture can help if you can't see it directly. The Thetford website has info too, if it's one of theirs. Our '15 had an Aqua Magic II. Camping World shipped the seal kit to our house. You too can be a plumber. Pat

Edit - see picture for example
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3337.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	372876  
Old 07-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #1758
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Yes, pull the toilet, replace the seals and get back to camping. Can't speak specifically about your '19 toilet, but the plastic caps usually pull off to show a couple of nuts that allow removal. There is a valve to shut off water to the toilet and a union/clamp to disconnect the water. After you pull the toilet, there is a hole at the back where you can access two bolts that hold the top and the bottom together. That allows access to the seal.

You might buy yourself some time by using silicon grease to lube the seal and tightening the bolts while you wait for new parts. Take care not to over tighten the bolts.

Look on you-tube to see if there is a video on your toilet. Should be a label on the back. Phone picture can help if you can't see it directly. The Thetford website has info too, if it's one of theirs. Our '15 had an Aqua Magic II. Camping World shipped the seal kit to our house. You too can be a plumber. Pat

Thanks. I’ll try to get the dealer to do it when we get back but I don’t have much hope of getting in soon. If they call me back that is. Otherwise I’ll just do it when we get home and the tank is empty.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #1759
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post

Or maybe if I have to take it out I can get one where my feet can touch the floor.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #1760
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedav View Post
Or maybe if I have to take it out I can get one where my feet can touch the floor.

Well shut my fat mouth. Dealer will fix me on Friday in and out!