Old 12-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #1621
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Thanks WW for the info on the heater (humidity). You just put in a T at the inlet to the fridge, and ran a flex line all the way to the heater. That’s it, no other connections?

Old 12-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #1622
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Thanks WW for the info on the heater (humidity). You just put in a T at the inlet to the fridge, and ran a flex line all the way to the heater. That’s it, no other connections?
The braided hose from the tee at the fridge drops down into the area under the tall wardrobe (protected with a section of garden hose) to a quick disconnect (1/4"). Another braided hose from the QD to the Wave heater (actually to the Camco swivel 90) which stays with the heater, since I will swap the heater between the AS and my cargo trailer / toyhauler. That's it. I simply zip tied the quick disconnect there so it can't be accidentally turned of while bumping down the road. The disconnect lever disallows the hose from being removed while the turned on.
WW

Old 12-02-2019, 07:22 AM   #1623
Wolfwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimRunner View Post
We converted our 2014 International Serenity 23FB bedroom from a queen bed to two 34” x 80” twin beds this past spring 2019.
We are thankful to have this forum with active members inspiring us to camp better!
Very nice work SR.
WW
Old 12-02-2019, 06:53 PM   #1624
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Wichita , Kansas
Twin conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalach53 View Post
Very nice work on the twin conversion! Looks like a factory job, or better!
Thank you, Apalach53. I was inspired by your convincing Airstream to convert your 23FB queen to twins last year. Thank you for answering my questions about how they did it and for also encouraging me!
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #1625
2 Rivet Member

Wichita , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Agreed! Really nice work. How long did it take you? Looks like a bit more work than a weekend project.
Thank you, GettinAway. It was an enjoyable project. My background is in engineering; so, designing the aluminum frames came more naturally to me than building the wood/laminate panels. Thus, I had some learning to do. I worked on the project mostly on weekends and did not keep a log. I estimate that it took me three to four weeks of my labor to build and install everything.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #1626
2 Rivet Member

Wichita , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwhistle View Post
Very nice work SR.
WW
WW, thank you. Between all of us, we are building a fleet of 23 twins one at a time!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #1627
Wolfwhistle

GettinAway

Camco Wave (x) heater install parts list. One each except the braided hose, which is 2 unless you want to go to a shorter hose from heater to quick disconnect. I'd rather have too much than not enough. I mounted my heater to a new door (didn't want to drill the original one), but you could get the feet for the heater, which could allow you to aim it / move it around a bit.

Anderson Metals, Brass 754070-06 3/8-Inch Low Lead Flare Female Swivel, 3/8"

Anderson Metals Brass Tube Fitting, Flare Tee, 3/8" x 3/8" x 3/8" Flare

GASPRO 6ft Propane Hose Assembly Braided Stainless Steel - 3/8" Female Flare - 3/8" Female Flare

Anderson Metals Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe

Camco Propane Quick Connect Kit - Valve & Full Flow Plug, Additional Safety Shut- Off- For Use with Low-Pressure Propane Systems, Easy Install (59853)

Anderson Metals Brass Tube Fitting, Coupling, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Female Pipe

Camco 57633 90° Elbow Connector for Olympian Wave Heaters

You will also need a way to protect gas line as it goes thru floor of the fridge platform and maybe a few zip ties. It is possible to make brackets (Ronnie would do it this way LOL (Hi, Mr. Hollywood!)) The holes thru platform and new door are 7/8"

This all came from Amazon and you could copy the item and paste into Amazon search window. I don't know how to add a link on the forum, or I would have done so
WW
Old 12-04-2019, 06:30 AM   #1628
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Thanks WW.
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #1629
dropped rivet in grass

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Tarzan , Texas
This thread is 82 pages already. *sigh*

I've been wading through this thread, reading all the replies, and after four hours or so, I've only made it to page 15 or so. I'm not complaining, mind you, it's going to keep me occupied over the winter! And then my attention is gonna turn to implementing as many good ideas as I have the skills and inclination for. Some of y'all have come up with some real doozies, I can't wait to try one or two out.

As a recently retired farmer, I gotta keep busy at something, might as well as spend my time grooming Big Betty for the next trip.

edit to add: Is there a quick way to resume reading a long thread where I left off, without scrolling through the page bar?

Tall Grass is offline   Reply With Quote