Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-15-2019, 09:56 AM   #981
Wolfwhistle
 
Wolfwhistle's Avatar
 
2013 23' International
HILLIARD , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 202
Hi Janice! Welcome to this wonderful forum. There is a 23D group (link below) and since these two models have so much in common... it is also good to be a part of. What they do over there is amazing.

First page...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ad-166085.html
__________________

__________________
Home Remedy is a 2013 IS 23FB. Tow vehicle is now a 2018 F150
Wolfwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #982
1 Rivet Member
 
2018 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwhistle View Post
Hi Janice! Welcome to this wonderful forum. There is a 23D group (link below) and since these two models have so much in common... it is also good to be a part of. What they do over there is amazing.

First page...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ad-166085.html
Thanks, WW --- I have read the whole of the 23D thread, along with this one (whew!). I have crossed fingers that I will have no issues but if something should happen I feel confident the answer will be found between these 2 forums.
__________________

__________________
Janice
2018 23FB Int’l Sig
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hemi
*********************
#9430
Jdubya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #983
1 Rivet Member
 
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Fresh Water Tank Housing/Panel Leak

Hi all,

New Airstream owner here--

I purchased a used 2013 23' Flying Cloud and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks. Days into using it, I noticed that my fresh water tank was leaking. Not only was it leaking, but the aluminum housing seemed to have been bowing the more full my tank got.

Brought it back to the dealer for their 30-day warranty. Said that it was just a line that was leaking but would not change the aluminum housing.

Is that something to be concerned about? Should this aluminum housing be replaced or would any of you suggest that it's fine as-is?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	331762  
nicobau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #984
Rivet Master
 
GettinAway's Avatar

 
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,132
Nicobau
I don’t like leaks. I guess if it’s a drop every few minutes, maybe I’d be able to live with, but I’m not sure about that. I have to admit, I’m not sure if my freshwater tank sags down when full. We more often than not don’t have a water hookup so we use the tank a lot. I’ve never noticed and change in its shape, but never really looked for it either. I’m fully winterized now, and we are expecting single digits in the weeks ahead, or I could check. Hopefully your dealer will step up.
__________________
2011 FC 23FB
2012 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab, 5.7 4x4
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #985
1 Rivet Member
 
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
GettinAway,

Thanks for your input! The dealer fixed the line that was leaking. I was just shocked that his warranty wasn't going to cover, what looks like, a faulty aluminum tank housing.
nicobau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #986
Overkill Pundit
 
GMFL's Avatar

 
2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,203
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobau View Post
Hi all,

New Airstream owner here--

I purchased a used 2013 23' Flying Cloud and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks. Days into using it, I noticed that my fresh water tank was leaking. Not only was it leaking, but the aluminum housing seemed to have been bowing the more full my tank got.

Brought it back to the dealer for their 30-day warranty. Said that it was just a line that was leaking but would not change the aluminum housing.

Is that something to be concerned about? Should this aluminum housing be replaced or would any of you suggest that it's fine as-is?

Thanks!
There should be some additional straps under and around you tank shroud! Mine has 4 straps that help support the weight of the water in the tank.
See attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EA1304B6-B611-46E6-9FFE-C48089948EB6.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	331848   Click image for larger version

Name:	32347DE7-C793-415C-A10F-437425CACD3F.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	331849  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EED79BC4-B253-47E0-BF52-2C5C4788DB95.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	331850  
__________________
Dept of “OverKill”
GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #987
PKI
Rivet Master
 
PKI's Avatar
 
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,133
If the dealer will not repair the distortion, it would be a good idea to find another way to correct the damage. Some patina can be ignored, but it's not really a good idea to let stuff hang below the normal belly datum. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:00 AM   #988
1 Rivet Member
 
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFL View Post
There should be some additional straps under and around you tank shroud! Mine has 4 straps that help support the weight of the water in the tank.
See attached pic.
That's amazing, thanks for sharing. I'll pass this photo on to the dealer, hopefully they can emulate that. Thank you!
nicobau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:21 AM   #989
Overkill Pundit
 
GMFL's Avatar

 
2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,203
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobau View Post
That's amazing, thanks for sharing. I'll pass this photo on to the dealer, hopefully they can emulate that. Thank you!
Those straps are factory standard on my unit. Yours should have had them I would suspect.
__________________

__________________
Dept of “OverKill”
GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
23FB thread/forum seems to be missing? PKI Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 18 05-24-2018 04:17 PM
New to the Forum Looking at 23FB and new Tow Rig SYC2Vette Member Introductions 2 04-17-2017 03:51 PM
Forum Feedback... What do you think of this forum site? Andy R Our Community 37 04-12-2012 12:29 AM
Airstream Forum Blues-suggestions for forum usage hex Our Community 18 10-20-2002 12:12 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.