Old 06-02-2017, 06:35 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Dinette - believe the wheel well has always been under the window. How do folks sit side by side in the older dinette configuration? One leg up and one down.
And when we visited JC, a lady with an International 23 told us she had installed bi-directional switches on her Fantastic fans.
Got to be more info out there. Pile it on. Pat
We have the older style, with the wheel well under the back of the table, under the window. We keep stuff sitting on that ledge. I don't recall ever trying to sit side by side in the dinette. We trade back and forth on who gets the seat closest to the bed. That seat faces the rear, which is always the best view. Seems like we always back in to campsites, and the good view is out the back.
(We've only had one overnight guest since we bought it, so the dinette has only been converted to a bed that one time.)
As for the fans, we just manually crank up the cover for one of them, so we can run the other one, if the doors and windows are closed up.
I leave one cracked just about every night for ventilation.

PCSkier, we have the older style furnace, but it does fit flush to the cabinet face. My only concern with it over the years, is that the hot air coming out of it would probably scorch the bathroom door if we left it completely open. So, we have to close up the bathroom when I run the furnace. That means the bathroom is a bit chilly in the mornings, as the heat vents from the furnace into the bedroom, or bathroom are pretty worthless.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #122
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
GA - thanks for the confirmation. Bet kids would fit with feet over the well cover and appreciate that their feet did not hang.

Bags - yes, they really help control stuff. We started with bare walls at the door and have transitioned to three full time canvas totes with misc stuff staged there for pickup as we leave. We got tired of the remote controls falling out of the overhead electronics door when we opened it. So we put them in a shoe bag and used one of the expansion rods that Camco sells for refrigerators to nest the bag on the shelf. No more surprises.

Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:56 PM   #123
3rd one is the charm?

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
The 23 has space. But you are correct. It is necessary to organize it and put it away until needed. Still tweaking and tuning. Pat
Great advice. There is a ton of storage, I haven't even ventured under the bed yet to store anything except for rolls of paper towels.

I used stick-on velcro on my three remotes. The remote for the stereo is mounted next to the head unit in the A/V cabinet. The DVD player remote is mounted on the back of the cabinet door (made sure I placed it so door would close.) TV remote is mounted on the wall behind the tv. All three have stayed secure through some pretty rough off-road towing, and all three are out of the way but always easily accessible.

I am also going to add some cargo netting to the A/V cabinet to keep the things that are in there from falling out whenever I open it after towing. (I keep spare batteries and other odds and ends up there).
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #124
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Cargo net sounds workable. Have been reluctant to drill holes, but the removable (Command?) stick on hooks and pads seem to work.

The storage under the bed adds to tongue weight. Bulky light weight items are good for that location. Hold the heavier gear as far back toward the axles as feasible. The corner next to the tall closet has value for heavy temp storage (case of wine or?). The bottom of that closet is good for short gear and heavy stores. A pair of plastic crates fits to hold all in place. Light stuff also fits in front and at the foot of the bed, unless you are nimble enough to use that space for feet and legs. I'm not.

Starting to look at shifting stuff. Used the outside cubbie for tools, power cable and hose. May find a more central location for the power cable. It is a bit heavy. Tools got shifted into the TV last year and that may change with the load out this year.

Good luck with your consideration. Pat
Old 06-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #125
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Bartlett , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinmeredith View Post
In order for the backup camera to be powered, the Airstream running lights need to be on. Parking lights or headlights will both do this as long as the Airstream is plugged into your tow vehicle.
This also works with my "emergency beacon." I have taken a vehicle side 7 pin socket and wired the hot wire and the marker lights together. When I plug the trailer connector into that socket, it uses the trailer's battery to activate the marker lights. That is how I powered up the camera (rather than having to back my truck up and hook it up). Worked like a charm. Got nice clear image of the area behind the trailer.

As an aside, I have an LED capable blinker wired between those two wires so the marker lights on the trailer flash. If I ever have to call the police or an ambulance to a crowded campground, I can tell them to look for the flashing marker lights. I took the flasher out for this usage.
Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #126
3rd one is the charm?

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
This also works with my "emergency beacon." I have taken a vehicle side 7 pin socket and wired the hot wire and the marker lights together. When I plug the trailer connector into that socket, it uses the trailer's battery to activate the marker lights. That is how I powered up the camera (rather than having to back my truck up and hook it up). Worked like a charm. Got nice clear image of the area behind the trailer.

As an aside, I have an LED capable blinker wired between those two wires so the marker lights on the trailer flash. If I ever have to call the police or an ambulance to a crowded campground, I can tell them to look for the flashing marker lights. I took the flasher out for this usage.
You are smarter than the average bear! I knew the trick of using a blade fuse or something to jump the connector to turn on the marker lights...but that never occurred to me as a way to power up the camera...well done
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #127
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Water leak in 23 FB

Folks - we have a 23FB owner in a bind. Located in the GC North Rim area on a temp work assignment and the pressure regulator or internal plumbing is leaking. Needs information. Anyone know how to check, replace, or ????

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...ml#post1958648

Pat
Old 06-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #128
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Checked out your thread. I wish I had a suggestion. Now, I guess I have something else to be aware of. Hope it isn't getting down into the floor, walls, etc..
Hope there is a realitively easy solution, but I'm guessing, not..
Old 06-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #129
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Folks - we have a 23FB owner in a bind. Located in the GC North Rim area on a temp work assignment and the pressure regulator or internal plumbing is leaking. Needs information. Anyone know how to check, replace, or ????

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...ml#post1958648

Pat
Thanks for pointing to that thread. Posted short term suggestions.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #130
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Jericho , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks for pointing to that thread. Posted short term suggestions.
Same here. Also, don't worry too much about this; it's a minor annoyance, but it won't cause any serious problems while you go about addressing it.

Dan
VTSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #131
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
We have a winner folks. If you have the water leak problem under the sink, go to the referenced thread for info. Pat
Old 06-06-2017, 07:21 AM   #132
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California
Hated dinette gone

Love our 23FB but hated the dinette. Too large for the size of the trailer & not comfortable. Got rid of it & put in couch that makes into bed and use foldable/portable table.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #133
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaebrewer View Post
Love our 23FB but hated the dinette. Too large for the size of the trailer & not comfortable. Got rid of it & put in couch that makes into bed and use foldable/portable table.
That's very nice... well done!

Rob

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #134
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Canton , Georgia
Who did this work? Very nice.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #135
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
dinette mod

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f7/u...fb-150823.html

Here are the captain chairs. Anyone got any other dinette mods to share? Pat
Old 06-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #136
3rd one is the charm?

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f7/u...fb-150823.html

Here are the captain chairs. Anyone got any other dinette mods to share? Pat
Well that's one way to do it but I don't love it either. The overall idea has merit, though.

Pat (and everyone else here), have you figured out a way to prevent yourself from forgetting that the rear dinette window is open, and smashing it to pieces if you swing the door open? That's my fear, so I never open that window! I've been staring at it trying to think of some sort of "stop" I could install on the door while in camp to remove that risk. I hate that the door needs to be closed to enjoy that view, but then I'm too afraid to close the door and then open the window...I will eventually forget and it'll be bye bye window.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #137
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Antelope , California
Aluminum paper towel holder

We have the 2014 International CCD 23FB - and I want to put the aluminum towel holder on the wall between pantry and sink. Obviously it is the screw in model so how do you attach it in without ruining the wall - and do you need anything special to do it?

Like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kamenstei...&wl13=&veh=sem
Vinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #138
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Canton , Georgia
We NEVER open that window, and we never will. The first time out the door and I would forget and smash it.,
Old 06-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #139
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
For ventilation we only open the front window over the dinette and the escape window.

Could install a chain with a plastic cover and shock absorbing spring to keep the door's swing controlled. Could install a locking arm to hold it in place. Our use pattern just does not justify the effort. Maybe if summer trips expand to boondocking sites we'll have to extend our wings.

Hope you find a solution that works for you. Pat
Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #140
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Vinster - we have seen the single end mount holder bolted to the bottom of the overhead storage so the holes are not in clear view. Not sure if you have that option, but it looks like it would tuck the roll up out of the way.

We have struggled with a solution and went with a free standing post. It gets moved around and packs in the sink when we travel.

Hope you work it out. Pat