Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #641
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Understand, just do not store it with water in tanks or plumbing that can freeze. Heep her warm and dry. Pat

Edit: 30 and 28 degree lows in the forcast with days average above freezing. Not horrible. Fingers crossed for you. Don't leave the city water connected. Drain the hose.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #642
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
[QUOTE=PKI;2087168]Pump is under the curb side closet. Panel in bottom of closet comes up. It's a bit hidden but there.

I think you meant street side closet, at least that is where mine is located in the 23FB.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #643
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
lafayette , Colorado
Thanks Pat. Yep. It’s our first time with the whole winterizing process. Now that I know where everything is I think I got it although I imagine first time will take a bit longer.

I saw the temps getting below freezing this weekend. Thanks for checking that! I think we are good as long as the trailer heater is on. No city water where we are going.
cmonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #644
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
[QUOTE=Steamy1;2087217]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
-- snip --I think you meant street side closet, at least that is where mine is located in the 23FB.
Steamy - Thanks for the correction. The galley side closet has the pump. The dinnete side closet has the hot water tank and bypass. Dinette on the curb and galley on the street side. That was a terrible brain flip. My apology for the confusion. Pat
Old 04-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #645
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Yamhill , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
Do you know if later year model AS have solid lug nuts?
I have a 2017 and I think they are solid.

It is pretty easy to tell if you take one off. The stainless shell is crimped over the top portion of the steel nut. There will be a seam at the bulge area of the nut and it will go from a shiny surface to more of a white powdery surface.

I have heard that they are still using the stainless caps, but haven’t actually verified that in person.
Rob Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:26 AM   #646
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Your owners manual is a good source of info, which often gets overlooked in the excitement of owning a new AS! Not perfect but a good start.

Have fun!

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
Still trying to find our way around our new 23FB. We are taking it out this weekend and will be boondocking so we need to de-winterize for the first time, but given the crazy weather in Colorado, I will likely be winterizing it again before the end of spring.

I have a winterizing kit that I want to install at the fresh water pump that will let me pump antifreeze in but I have a problem. I am not sure where the water pump is located on the 23FB. And while I am at it, what about the water heater by-pass valve and the low point drains? I thought I found the "secret compartment" under the pantry between the sink and the bathroom but no luck or at least it wasn't obvious through that tiny opening. Hopefully that isn't it or I will have to find someone with smaller hands than me to get in there.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:11 AM   #647
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
New topic in a 23FB. When trying to watch television in the bedroom, I found that if the overhead LED lights are on in the main area, I get very little reception. If I turn those lights off, I pick up more channels and better reception. This has happened in many parks, so it’s not just one area. Has anyone had that problem?
old 10s bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #648
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
It's been reported on other models too. We watch recordings so never a problem. Believe the issue is variable with light intensity. Search and see if you can find the prior threads. Pat
Old 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #649
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Yamhill , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by old 10s bum View Post
New topic in a 23FB. When trying to watch television in the bedroom, I found that if the overhead LED lights are on in the main area, I get very little reception. If I turn those lights off, I pick up more channels and better reception. This has happened in many parks, so it’s not just one area. Has anyone had that problem?

Do you have one of the new models with the round antenna on your roof? If so it is the LED lights. They are notorious for emitting RFI (radio frequency interference). Not a lot you can do about it unless you wanted to go to the old style crank up antenna. You could try swapping the LED’s out with ones from another manufacturer (Cree is a US manufacturer, but they may or may not have a direct replacement).
Rob Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #650
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Cleveland , Ohio
Trip Update OH to AZ

Following is a rough update of our maiden trip west from N.E. Ohio to Tucson AZ. Plan to be gone three weeks. Towing our 2017 23FB with 2016 F-150 5.0. Itinerary with daily average mpg:
Day one - Bardstown KY at My Old Kentucky Home State Park. Great access to great bourbon. 360 miles 13.6 mpg @ 60 mph.
Day two - Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis AR on the west bank of the Mississippi River. Viewed barge traffic. 375 miles 12.5 mpg @ 60 mph w/full tanks and AC.
Day three - Ockmulgee State Park, OK. Lake view campsite. 395 miles 11.2 mpg @ 62 mph.
Day four - Oasis RV Park Amarillo, TX. Big winds and grass fires. 368 miles 8.9 mpg @ 62 mph.
Days five and six - Santa Fe Skies RV Park, NM. Great IPAs and live music at Second Street Brewery. Winds subsided. 260 miles 10.5 mpg @ 65 mph.

So far all systems working as expected. Enjoying the queen size bed and full bath. More to follow as we make our way.
dlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #651
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
DL - Good progress and nice pace. Enjoy the trip. You will learn a lot. Pat
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #652
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
DL, sounds good. It’s amazing how a really strong headwind can zap your mileage. I’m going to explore the bourbon trail with our 23FB, one of these days.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #653
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edgerton View Post
Do you have one of the new models with the round antenna on your roof? If so it is the LED lights. They are notorious for emitting RFI (radio frequency interference). Not a lot you can do about it unless you wanted to go to the old style crank up antenna. You could try swapping the LED’s out with ones from another manufacturer (Cree is a US manufacturer, but they may or may not have a direct replacement).

Thanks, I thought that it was short in the wiring or something. I think I’ll just have to turn the lights off while watching TV. Which isn’t too often.
old 10s bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #654
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
After a period of walk-about with no link, the 23FB thread is back. Thanks to AZflycaster. Appreciate the return to active duty. Pat
Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #655
ZOZ
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Peru , Illinois
The 23FB Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Cindy and Randy, welcome to the group! You'll live the 23FB. Hope you have many great adventures!

Just curious, why go all the way to CO for your 23FB? Must be dealing out there.
Hi GettinAway!

I'm sorry to have missed your post awhile back. We had gone to the two big RV shows in Chicago but none there had what we wanted and they did not know when any 23FBs would arrive. One was due in May but was sold.

Cindy sent out some emails to AS dealers and Windish RV Center, Lakewood, CO contacted us with several options. We found the proposal to be good. We sent a deposit and picked it up at the end of March.

All I can say is the people there are courteous and professional and delivered what we wanted!

Randy
ZOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #656
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
After a period of walk-about with no link, the 23FB thread is back. Thanks to AZflycaster. Appreciate the return to active duty. Pat
Thanks Pat and Richard for the rejuvenation!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #657
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Thanks for finding our lost thread. I’m about to make some mods to mine and wanted to share with the rest of the 23FB folds.

Mike
Rocket53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #658
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Added 2 cable clips to hold the awning rod in the bumper storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0631.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	312001  
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #659
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
SW - I've been trying to stretch my arms another two inches so I don't have to use that thing. Unfortunately, they seem to be getting shorter every year, so I'm back to using it. Nice add. The bumper box is a good location for it. Pat
Old 05-28-2018, 10:17 PM   #660
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
McMinnville , Oregon
Shower replacement

We bought our used 2010 23fb about 18 months ago. It is in very good shape with the exception of the shower door area. It looks like there were many attempts to stop leaking around the door with massive gobs of caulking. Didn’t work! So, I started to take things down and discovered what looks like more attempts to patch it up and adding frame pieces that look like they don’t fit. The bottom line, I’d like to start again. I see a shower door at Home Depot that fits a 22” opening. Is there any reason to not use one designed for homes? Has anyone replaced their door and frame and perhaps have some tips for me?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful and informative responses.
Cameron
curnes is offline   Reply With Quote