Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2022, 04:25 PM   #2161
2 Rivet Member

Willoughby , Ohio
I wonder if putting the check valve before the pump would help?

John
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #2162
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I wonder if putting the check valve before the pump would help?

John

That’s what I did. I cut the line after the antifreeze valve
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:13 PM   #2163
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Burien , Washington
Shower P-trap replacement info request

If you've replaced a shower drain p-trap on a 23 FB I'd like to pick your brain a bit. The collar securing the trap to the exit pipe is cracked and p-trap needs replacing. Parts available are different than original equipment and access via the access panel is really limited. Would like to know how others have worked this out. Thanks!
SeaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:32 AM   #2164
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
We are downsizing from a 27FB towed by a 3/4 ton truck to a 23FB Twin towed by a Jeep Wagoneer. We are looking forward, hopefully, to an easier towing, backing, and hitching experience. I have several questions that I hope someone can answer. I have searched this thread and can't find the answers. We have the 23 FB Twin on order, but haven't had a chance to see one. We have seen the queen version several years ago.
1. What are the dimensions of the shower?
2. What is the model and manufacturer of the air conditioning unit?
3. What is the model and manufacturer of the tankless water heater?
4. When I had my truck, it was easy to travel with my generator in the truck
bed. For those pulling the 23FB with an SUV, where do you store a generator
when traveling?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 08:58 AM   #2165
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
New Hyde Park , New York
Roadtech,
Can’t answer all of your questions but here goes:
We picked up our 2022 FBT last March.
Our tankless model is the Girard, model #GSWH-2.
Our a/c is a Dometic, 13,500 btu. The 2023 a/c system has be updated. Don’t know which unit AS is using. Might be same unit with bigger ductwork.
Weighing 250lbs, I have no problem in the shower. Foot and shoulder space are adequate for me. That’s my “real world” shower dimensions.
Can’t help you with generator, since we never had one.
Hope this helps.

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE

Airstream Club International #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #2166
SR

2014 23' FB International
DFW , Texas
Hi Roadtech, I can add a touch more info to eagletoo’s. I don’t have the shower dimensions, but the bathroom shower looks identical in both the twin bed and the queen bed configurations. Also, the galleys and dinettes appear to be the same in both bedroom configurations.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #2167
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
-- snip --
If you saw a queen version, you saw the shower. Wife was happier with that shower than the one in our Moho.

Generator - stored it under the dinette table. Propane fueled Honda. Finally installed three Lithium cells and quit carrying the generator.

Enjoy the new coach. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 11:54 PM   #2168
3 Rivet Member

2021 23' International
P , California
I tow my 23FB with a Mercedes 530 SUV AMG. The small Honda generator fits perfectly between the propane tanks and trailer body. It’s attached with heavy duty nylon tiedowns and big fat cable lock.
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:14 AM   #2169
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Generator - stored it under the dinette table. Propane fueled Honda. Finally installed three Lithium cells and quit carrying the generator.
I had 400 amp-hrs of lithium batteries in my campervan and they would only run the air conditioner about 4 hours. Air conditioning is the reason for the generator.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #2170
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Lithium Conversion

I have a 2010 FC 23FB and managed to cook through my 6V batteries last year. I decided to get 1 100 ah lithium and it has been working fine. I had replaced the converter with a new Progressive Dynamics one that allowed me to move a switch to run lithium. (PD4655V) I don't have an inverter and have a 200W solar panel that is managed with a Samlex 30A charge controller. I have also installed a Victron battery monitor. My plan is to add another lithium battery. I will move them inside, as well as add another Pannel to the roof. My question is this.
I think this is a good opportunity to clean up the electrical under the bed. I am wondering a couple of things.
1. Do I keep the Samlex controller or put in a Victron 100/50 ?
2 I want to put in an inverter. Should I put in their inverter/converter or just an inverter and continue to run through my existing PD4655? I am not intending to run the AC with this set up. But the 3000W on the inverter/converter makes it a little better for me for skiing.

Any help from those who have been through this would be helpful.

Thanks
Bigboote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:03 AM   #2171
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Hi B, I am kinda surprised you manage to fit a 200w panel, since I was only able to fit 100w panels, although I did eventually add 5 of them. So, not knowing more, adding another 200w - 400w total - is within the capability of a 30A MPPT. I don't know how good Samlex is, but I can tell you the 100/30 Smartsolar is what I would do. I am also assuming your panels are within the range of what is called a 12v panel (17v - 22v). Now, depending on where you camp, I would want to wire these panels in series, which allows a smaller gauge wire from panels to SCC... but again, if you experience shade, predominantly, then in parallel. I think a Multiplus 3000w is a bit of overkill since a the Multiplus 2000w inverter / charger seems to be all you really need. Its a bit smaller and lighter and yes, it would eliminate the need for the PD4655V. The Multi has a built in 50A rated transfer switch which allows all 120v to route to the inverter then to the load center - out of the Multi. It has a power assist feature which is amazing. You can select (I use a laptop) your a/c input source amperage down to 12 amps when on a small generator or up to the normal 30a depending on what you running on. That is just my opinion.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:52 PM   #2172
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
I went with all Vivtron components and have them installed for about 5 years now. They work great and I would recommend upgrading to them as well….. they also now have blue tooth connectivity if that is your thing or important to you…..
Old 11-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #2173
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Oh, I was able to get five 100w panels on the roof, I have room for 1 more, and I have 200w on the ground if needed.. 320 amp hrs of battery, it works great in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, etc…. I’m never challenged or out of power with this setup…. Could likely get by with 200 ahrs
Old 11-13-2022, 11:13 AM   #2174
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the help. This will be my winter project.
Bigboote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:08 PM   #2175
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Yamhill , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJim View Post
If you've replaced a shower drain p-trap on a 23 FB I'd like to pick your brain a bit. The collar securing the trap to the exit pipe is cracked and p-trap needs replacing. Parts available are different than original equipment and access via the access panel is really limited. Would like to know how others have worked this out. Thanks!

Jim

We no longer have a 23FB (25RB now), but had the same problem. Go to Home Depot or any store with plumbing parts. You need a new tail piece and the P trap. Your new installation will be a slip connection to the tail piece instead of a glued connection. Why they don’t do this at the factory is beyond me! It breaks because it is rigid, and all the bouncing plus humans actually using the shower so the floor flexes eventually cracks the pipe. With the flex there is some give to things.

I posted photos of my before and after here on this forum about 3-4 years ago. Sorry I don’t have those photos to show anymore.

Hardest part was loosening the floor drain so you could put new tail piece on. If you take a pair of pliers upside down. The handles will fit in the floor drain from above. Use a Crescent wrench on the pliers and turn. The floor drain will come loose and you are on your way. New plumbers putty when installing. The tail piece will need to be cut fairly short.

If I find my old photos I will post.

Good luck.
Rob Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #2176
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Burien , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edgerton View Post
Jim

We no longer have a 23FB (25RB now), but had the same problem. Go to Home Depot or any store with plumbing parts. You need a new tail piece and the P trap. Your new installation will be a slip connection to the tail piece instead of a glued connection. Why they don’t do this at the factory is beyond me! It breaks because it is rigid, and all the bouncing plus humans actually using the shower so the floor flexes eventually cracks the pipe. With the flex there is some give to things.

I posted photos of my before and after here on this forum about 3-4 years ago. Sorry I don’t have those photos to show anymore.

Hardest part was loosening the floor drain so you could put new tail piece on. If you take a pair of pliers upside down. The handles will fit in the floor drain from above. Use a Crescent wrench on the pliers and turn. The floor drain will come loose and you are on your way. New plumbers putty when installing. The tail piece will need to be cut fairly short.

If I find my old photos I will post.

Good luck.
Rob, thanks for the info! I think I saw your oldpost with photos and this clears up some questions I had. We’re on the road now but I may get back to you when we get back home. Happy Thanksgiving!
SeaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:14 AM   #2177

2002 16' Bambi
Mission Viejo , California
Propane Leak Detector Fuse Location

2013 FB International

Can anyone tell us where the fuse for the Propane Leak Detector is located on our trailer?

The actual detector is mounted below the refrigerator next to the main fuse cabinet.
mvmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #2178
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
High River , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmerc View Post
2013 FB International

Can anyone tell us where the fuse for the Propane Leak Detector is located on our trailer?

The actual detector is mounted below the refrigerator next to the main fuse cabinet.

It’s probably inline. You will need to follow the wire unless someone else knows exactly where it is.

Has the detector stopped working? Or is it discharging the battery when you’re not connected to mains power?
AlbertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:36 AM   #2179
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Beach Park , Illinois
It's inline and you can access it through the bottom panel for the water pump. Just follow the lead and you'll find it. Another option is to remove the unit from the front and access it that way.
I removed the fuse from mine due to the dog laying near it and it going off.
51hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #2180
Banks87

2023 23' International
OBX , North Carolina
Considering a 2023 23FB International

We are considering a change to a 2023 23FB International.
-The black tank is much smaller than the 28. Does the bathroom sink drain to the grey or the black tank?
-Is the narrower width of the 23 significant in real life use?
-Does the newer, multi positional dining table improve the dining area comfort?

Thanks!
Banks87 is offline   Reply With Quote