Old 01-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
1956 26' Crusier Overlander
Pendleton , Oregon
Question sell or transport? need help

Hello fellow Airstream fans,
My father is thinking of selling his Airstream and moving closer to me so that I can help take care of him due to his failing health. I plan on posting an ad in the classifieds here, and can be contacted via my email address if anyone's interested... our problem is that we REALLY dont want to sell, as he and I both recognize that we have a piece of history here, and with a little work it would be something he and I could share mutual pride in. If anyone could give me an estimate of how much it would take to HAUL it from Port Angeles, Washington ( that's the upper tip of the state) to Pendleton Oregon, I would really appreciate it. My father is currently living in his Airstream, and needs to either be in an apartment or move it to a park here in my town.
thank you!

Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
Sadie, Interesting problem. Have you considered that Pendleton is a more harsh climate than Port Angeles? Is the trailer equiped/prepared for eastern Oregon winters? I'm in Ridgefield, WA, about half way between your two locations. If the trailer is in towable condition, licensed, lights, tires, etc., I'm sure I could move it for you. Timing and cost would have to be worked out. Please email me directly at if you think I can help. Darol

Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Move It?

Sadie, Darol Has Answered Your Call!!!!! Move It.... As You Will Always Have More Invested In It With A Family Connection (with Your Dad) Than Someone Else Will Want To Pay You For It. Also As You Stated You And He Will Share Something Special In Working On It Together. If You Need To License The Trailer To Move It Make Sure You Get It Licensed In Oregon. Then If You Inherit It In The Future It Will Be Easier To Do In-state Rather Than In Two Different States. Oh, And Welcome To The Forums. Ed
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Soon as I saw you were in our area I thought 'she needs to call Darol'. He's a good guy, helped me out with my resto. Definitly give him a call.

If you decide not to keep it, remember that it is a treasure, and the new owner will treasure it just as much. It's a better way to go than letting it sit unused for years and years just because of nostaligia. Tough decision though!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Sadie, i knew this was the right place to turn to. had no idea your dad was thinking of moving the trailer... what a great possibility! also so happy there is an airstream angel close by for guidance and help. wonderful group of people, these forum members. so thrilled,,,, angels in ohio are helping me now too. i know it is hard to ask for help,,, but,,,wonderful to know it is there , simply for the asking,,, good deeds are appeciated so much by me and countless others.... the airstreamers are known for their kindness. donna in montana
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Sadie, I hope you have decided to move the Airstream with your father. I am passing this on to my daughter so she will remember how to take care of her old man. Please keep us informed.
Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Bless me father... for I'm about to sin

Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Sadie, I hope you have decided to move the Airstream with your father. I am passing this on to my daughter so she will remember how to take care of her old man. Please keep us informed.
Our answering service has a coffin company as a client.

I'll ask him to think about designing an Airstream shaped aluminum one.

Now THAT would be "going in style"

(Sorry couldn't resist, the devil made me do it.)

Tin Lizzie

Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote