Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Question for Onyx Edition owners

The Onyx edition Airstreams are growing on us as we look/consider a slightly larger AS. I especially like the flooring, but we are concerned about the texture. I'm hoping a forum member has one and can comment on the ease of cleaning the floor in the Onyx. We (me actually) have a no shoes policy in our current AS. We still get some dirt and food crumbs on the floor, but all it takes is a small brush/dust pan to clean. I want to make sure the texture doesn't hold "stuff".

Thanks

Old 03-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
Atascadero

Atascadero , California
Hi,

We have a 25' FB Onyx Edition and just went to Zion National Park for five nights for the shakedown cruise. I too was concerned with the texture, but found that the floor cleaned quite easily with a broom and dust pan. The sand at Watchman Campground gets into everything, and I say this with the two of us, a medium sized dog and some rain! This may be good or bad, but the color of the floor hid everything until you swept and found all of the "treasures" hiding in the texture.

I hope this was helpful and good luck with your searching.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Little Rock , Arkansas
Thanks very much. I wonder who would track more dirt: your dog or our three kids? Another question: does the high gloss laminate on the cabinets show finger prints?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Atascadero

Atascadero , California
Yes, but we found that a very lightly dampened (water) cleaned them easily.

Oh boy, the kids versus dog is a good question!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
aviila beach , California

We just purchased a 27ft FB Onyx, actually on 3/22/14. We've had twovery short shakedown trips, one with some rain at Pismo State Beach. Wefound as "Atascadero" said, it cleaned up very easily. I hope Idon't start a firestorm (we are newbies after all), but we used a broom anddust pan, and one of those "swifter" things, they are moist but notwet and slightly scented, store easily and are light. We were told by thesalesperson that the flooring is "indestructible" (of course we were),and holds up better than the other materials used, even to wine, and “Atascadero”and we live in the heart of the Central California Coast’s wine country...Everyone who has seen the unit comments on the floor. And oh, about thefingerprints?...oh yeah!, but a damp towel works wonders...We love this modeland sure you will too, just think, you would be one of only 140 or so “proud”owners…
Old 05-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Little Rock , Arkansas
Thanks. We actually decided we preferred the Int Sig, but it was a tough decision. In fact I'm sleeping in our new 25fb at the dealer "campground" right now about I'm about to tow her home.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
aviila beach , California
Congratulations!...how cool is that? Exciting stuff...although this discussion began with flooring, and we looked at a lot of different models when shopping (really kinda overwhelming), I can't recall what type of flooring the Sig has...
Old 05-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Little Rock , Arkansas
Wood look vinyl. I think it's the same as the Flying Clouds. It's very subtle, but the wood look is slightly "lighter" than the Onyx. I did like the Onyx flooring if only it had been a slightly lighter tone. Like I said .....tough decision.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrum View Post
Wood look vinyl. I think it's the same as the Flying Clouds. It's very subtle, but the wood look is slightly "lighter" than the Onyx. I did like the Onyx flooring if only it had been a slightly lighter tone. Like I said .....tough decision.
Int Sig. What a great choice Landrum. I just love that interior. Just what is the Onyx model? Is it a completely mew model or an International with different interior?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Little Rock , Arkansas
It was a special edition Int. Sig with different finishes. They only made 138 in the 25fb and 27 fb ( they were numbered. )The cabinets have a high gloss finish. Slightly different roof locker laminate. Different flooring. Different bedspread. If you google "Airstream Onyx" you will likely find a video from Colonial Airstream that shows the changes.