Ditto for Liquid Glass.

Carol, Aboard "Aggie the DreamStream"
WBCCI# 5248
Rollster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Put da bling bling on dat trailer thing...

2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Sounds great guys! Liquid glass will be next for sure!
Let the good times roll!! Laura
Remax gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #18
2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
I just ordered some liquid glass for my spring wax, fingers crossed!
Englishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #19
2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
We just applied the liquid glass, super easy to use easy to polish off, looks great. Much prefer the product to walbernize we used last year. It seems to go further than walbernize as well.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Englishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Glare, love this stuff. Once a year..really! Introduced to it at the AS Mothership. They also promote the "old school" Walbernize. I think Glare is better on the clearcoat paint. Lasts longer.

GLARE® Products|Glare Micro Finish|Glare Spider|Glare Vinyl & Leather|Glare Turbo Action Wheel Cleaner|Glare Knock Out|Glare Ultra Wash Soap|Hurricane Products| Buff Pads|Electric Buffers|

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon

I'm very fortunate that the plasti-coat is still holding up on my '90 Excella. There are 2-3 fingertip sized spots where it is gone, everything else is ok. I live in a dry area and store the trailer inside in the winter (when it's not in Arizona ) and I'd like to preserve the plasti-coat as long as possible.

I put a wax on it in February while in Arizona but wanted something tougher if possible. I had heard about Liquid Glass over the years when I was fooling around with show Porsches. But we were so hardcore we would only use carnuba wax applied by hand - literally by hand in order to heat it slightly (the Concours world is more than a little daft).

After doing some research on Liquid Glass I decided it might be my best bet for preserving the plasti-coat. I started working on it a few days ago and I'm about 75% of the way through applying the first coat.

First I washed the trailer with dishwashing soap in order to remove the old wax. Then, as this is a process taking place over several days, I do a segment at a time. I first lightly wipe it down with glass cleaner and a microfiber towel to remove any dust that may have accumulated since the washing. Next I use a medium grade polish and a Porter Cable random orbiter polisher set on medium. I like to polish until the polish has completely broken down and is more or less gone.

I then do another quick wipe down. The last step is the application of the Liquid Glass. After it hazes, which doesn't take long in our 90+ degree dry heat, I remove the excess with terry cloth towels (I find they're much more efficient than microfiber towels and they don't create any swirls or micro-scratches). I really like the way the Liquid Glass comes up easily with no powder or residue.

I'm going to let the first coat of Liquid Glass bake and cure in the sun for a couple of days and then apply another coat for added protection.

I used to detail cars primarily for improving their cosmetic appearance. I'm doing this more for preventive maintenance, but it sure looks great! The light polishing removed all of the water spots, drips and the like and the finish is uniform, shiny and smooth to the touch. I doubt it looked much better when it was new.

I believe that Liquid Glass is a polymer and does well when built up with multiple applications. It might end up being tougher than the plasti-coat. Time will tell - I'll keep the list posted as to how it holds up.

P.S. I made the mistake of buying the Liquid Glass at AutoZone - it's much cheaper at Amazon.

P.P.S. Some interesting reviews here:

John & Vicki
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote