Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB International
Parkit 360 Motorized Dolly

I have an RV bay that is very tight and I'm looking to buy a motorized dolly. The best I've found is by a company out of Canada, Parkit 360. Does anybody have one of these? They're pricey but they would make life a lot easier.

Thoughts appreciated. Here's a link to the model I'm considering:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/tra...-capacity-base
chaseav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
San Carlos , California
Bought one for my husband, we have an L shaped driveway. He likes it a lot and it makes moving Romulus much easier. Make sure you order the correct ball size. It was a surprise and I ordered the wrong size. Ours is not as big as the one you want as our weight requirements are less. Before we were using a Fulton Jack Wheel. Ours is not as fast as some you see in videos, but we don't need it to be fast just reliable. Slow and steady. A bonus is that it works with our brake controller, Tekonsha Prodigy RF.

Ruehls of the Road - Roland, Devon, Frya & Baldr
WBCCI #31532
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Thanks for the reply! My Airstream weighs 5,500lbs empty so that 10k version seems overkill but the smallest version (maybe the one you have) is a 5k capacity. I plan on asking the company this on Monday but I'm wondering if I can get away with the smaller one. It would save a bunch of money and I have zero grade.

What do you mean it works with your brake controller?
Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
You will find that trailer dollies can help to get your rig into some very tight spaces. I was looking at the larger ParkIt 360 (15,000 lbs) as I need to have the heavier capacity for the variety of rigs that I work on, but when the trailer gets significantly heavier, their video showed it to be a much less stable platform.

I went with a pro unit from AirTug. Made in USA and stable as a rock:http://airtug.com/products/trailer-m...ric-15000-lbs/

It is an awesome unit and maneuvers large trailers (34' Airstream) with ease and are definitely worth the expense if you have a difficulty parking situation!

You will love the ParkIt.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Romulus....which size/unit did you purchase. I have the same trailer as you and am currently using a Trailer Valet mover, which I do like. But, I may want to get something with a little more power rather than hand cranking.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
I have one I purchased locally from a guy who made a couple of these himself for a few hundred bucks. Mine works well for me. It was very time consuming backing down my s curved driveway into my narrow garage and now it is a breeze. Here is a sample of DIY plans
http://www.proud-canadian.com/diy-power-trailer-dolly/.
My unit is a cross between that one in the plands and the parkit360 5000 version with the wider tires and handles my 25FB no problem.
Buying that new parkit360 is reasonable now as it is on sale with free shipping and one Canadian Dollar is only worth 75 US Cents so you can buy one starting at $1100 US.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
St. Louis , Missouri
I have no need, nor plans for a dolly, but I enjoyed the video nonetheless. But it did leave me with some questions (some more relevant than others, ).

Do they have a power steering model? This guy looks like he's putting his back into yanking the wheels. That doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps powering the wheels individually would provide sufficient powered turning ability.

Is there a provision to tap into the trailer's batteries? The unit would seem to be more agile if it didn't have a heavy battery dedicated to a single purpose.

The place where I get my trailer serviced uses a forklift with a small post on one of the forks. They put the post up inside the hitch and lift. No fooling around with the tongue jack or tightening down on the ball. It would seem much easier to use if it had a hydraulic arm that lifts into the hitch and raises the trailer off the jack. Wouldn't that be enough for minor parking space jockeying? Or if the handle was long enough, you could get easy leverage without hydraulics.

"Small enough to fit in a Mini" HA! We, who all have trucks to tend our trailers, don't need to be concerned about carrying it around in a small car, lol.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
Made in USA

I have a similar product that works GREAT; it's made by Trailertug. I use it to move my 34' Panamerica. Check them out at: info@trailertugpro.com
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:18 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
The top of the line parkit360 with remote has one motor for each wheel so it works like power steering. Mine has a single motor only. I changed the handle so it is 5 feet long to turn it easier. Like non power steering cars it is easiest if you are rolling while turning.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #10
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
I got the Power Movers' Power Dolly from a local SoCal company because it was recommended by the Airstream resto guy here in Orange (then) who uses them for his shop Area 63 Productions (now up in Lytle Creek CA north of San Bernardino).

They are all custom made for your needs & specs, so you can call Brady & tell him what you have & what you need to do with it, & he'll advise on your best option(s).

http://www.powerdolly.co/

I'm really happy with ours & it does what I needed it to do, including a short 8% grade + another area of turf to traverse - so mine was over-engineered for the basic needs on a flat driveway with out +/-3000 lb. 1960 Avion T20.

And if you have a Hensley or Pro-Pride 3P WD/AS Hitch - he also engineered it to work with our Hensley Cub's "stinger," & did a custom "locking plate" to hold the Cub's head in place while using the dolly (only needed on the Cub, because Hensley Arrows have a long nose plate with a hole where you just drop a big rod or screwdriver to lock the head, but not sure about Pro-Pride).

Happy Holidays!
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-22 Cayenne S, EH, etc
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner) + 1970 Eriba Puck
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #11

2013 19' Flying Cloud
Kamloops , British Columbia
Parkit 360

I bought one and it works great. I recommend you get the 10,000 lb one, less strain on it. My neighbour bought the smaller one and burned parts out as he was at his max on dry weight. I bought mine with the detachable battery box (don't buy theirs as you can get one cheaper lots of places) and that way it is smaller and fits under my tonneau cover of my pickup. I would also recommend you get the wider tires available if you will be using it on grass or gravel, sure glad I did ! Pricey, yes - but works great. Good luck !
TwoRivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
2017 25' Flying Cloud
Rosemount , Minnesota
I just purchased the Parkit360 Force 10K to move our 25' Airstream up our driveway that has a mild upward slope. One thing I did not know was that the surmountable curb stops the unit as the front of the unit scrapes the curb and stops the unit from rolling up the curb.

I think I will drive the Airstream with the car to where the hitch is on the driveway, then disconnect the car and move the car out of the way. Then I can use the Parkit to move the trailer all the way up the driveway.

I will also look at some of the rubber ramps that are available to help folks with low clearance cars to drive over these curbs without scraping the bottom of their cars. They may allow the Parkit to roll over the curb.

I also intended to use the Parkit to move the Airstream into our backyard over a grass driveway. I anticipate that having to yank the Parkit handle around for turns may harm the grass too much. Hopefully I can keep it lined up straight the whole 100 feet! It will have to wait until spring as we have a foot of snow here in Minnesota and more to follow.
BoscoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
This is our second winter using the Parkit-360 putting the 5K# boat and 8K# AS in the garage and it works great. I have a narrow slot to clear the AC, but the slow speed and excellent maneuverability of the dolly, not a problem. Be sure you order the 7-way plug for the brake which is applied when you have the switch in neutral. I recommend going with the 10K# model though with no grade you might get away with the smaller unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	442.4 KB
ID:	276841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1494.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	276842  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	276843  
Old 12-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
I bought a Power Mover (see Tom T, above) because I didn't want to maintain one more battery. Mine is an AC-10 with four tires and optional trailer brake interface. This is overkill for my 25' but I wanted to just drop the coupler on the Mover ball and go. The AC-10 is what the guy at Power Mover recommended/insisted on for this use. Power Mover offers a lot of choices. I you become interested in them review their Web site and then call to discuss your application.

My driveway is pretty level and I don't bother to hook up the brake.

I'm very happy with the Power Mover and I still prefer to deal with the cord rather than maintain a battery.
BillfromWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
NWRVR - How tall is the opening into your garage?
Old 12-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Parkit 360 Motorized Dolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRVR View Post
This is our second winter using the Parkit-360 putting the 5K# boat and 8K# AS in the garage and it works great. I have a narrow slot to clear the AC, but the slow speed and excellent maneuverability of the dolly, not a problem. Be sure you order the 7-way plug for the brake which is applied when you have the switch in neutral. I recommend going with the 10K# model though with no grade you might get away with the smaller unit.

Did you notch your garage to accommodate the AC unit?! Haha. That's determination! No wonder you needed the dolly.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoRivers View Post
I bought one and it works great. I recommend you get the 10,000 lb one, less strain on it. My neighbour bought the smaller one and burned parts out as he was at his max on dry weight. I bought mine with the detachable battery box (don't buy theirs as you can get one cheaper lots of places) and that way it is smaller and fits under my tonneau cover of my pickup. I would also recommend you get the wider tires available if you will be using it on grass or gravel, sure glad I did ! Pricey, yes - but works great. Good luck !

This told me everything I needed to know. I was hoping I could go with the 5k model but was concerned I'd over work it. The other consideration was whether or not I needed the B3 model for the wider tires. I have a plantation mix driveway (extremely hard packed small, crushed gravel) which leads up to a concrete pad. The driveway is curved and tricky to navigate so being able to operate on both surfaces is important to me. Those wider tires would make a difference. Thanks to everyone for the upsell! .
Old 12-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
Did you notch your garage to accommodate the AC unit?! Haha. That's determination! No wonder you needed the dolly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
NWRVR - How tall is the opening into your garage?
The opening is 9'1" so I cut a slot wide enough by 8" deep for the AC to clear out of a 28" header. I have to uncouple the door lift to pull the door flat where I have 10' clearance. I made a lip out of aluminum angle to slide in the front and bottom facia boards to cover the slot.

Steve
Old 12-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Rhinebeck , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
I have an RV bay that is very tight and I'm looking to buy a motorized dolly. The best I've found is by a company out of Canada, Parkit 360. Does anybody have one of these? They're pricey but they would make life a lot easier.

Thoughts appreciated. Here's a link to the model I'm considering:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/tra...-capacity-base
We had one for our 23' International Serenity. It didn't work for us because it came with tires unsuited for our mostly gravel parking area. I chose not to purchase tires designed for "off road" conditions. Moving the trailer around was relegated to being hooked up the our TV. If you have a solid base parking area, macadam or cement, I think the unit will work. The unit is reasonably easy to operate and powerful enough to move trailers/boats at least up to 6500lbs......my personal experience. Keep in mind the units come w/o a battery for it's operation.......at least our's did. No big deal just a "be advised."
Adam Geuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
San Carlos , California
Late Response to Questions

Just back from Zion & Bryce and the RV Park had no Wifi. Anyway, what I purchased was the ParkIt 360 SD B2 5000Lb capacity. Our driveway is asphalt so didn't go with the bigger tires. As for the brake controller connection, was simple to just plug in and use. Husband has used it, but we don't have a slope and never get moving fast enough to have it be an issue. If we had more of a slope would use it every time for safety reasons. the shipment came with a battery box. We did purchase a battery locally and having the battery tender built in lets us just plug it in when not using.
Tried contacting some US firms as I would have preferred to buy something made in America. None were response to my inquiries.
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote