Old 05-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Parkit 360 Motorized Dolly

Just tried the Parkit 360 10K via jack stand tube connection with my 27FB AS. The tube is the same thickness as the Parkit tube so I donít think bending would be the issue, but I didnít get that far.

The issue is that with the slightest movement forward or backward the entire jack pivots in its mount. The three bolts holding it are probably not designed to support lateral force movement. So I have ruled this out as an option.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #44
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
I would like to do this as well. Do you have the standard jack or a ďbeefierĒ one?

I am worried about the lateral force on the jack tube bending it.

Not an issue. I pull mine up grade sharp turns, fully loaded with my 10k 360, not an issue at all...just don't have the jack extended far....keep it as retracted as realistically possible.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Not an issue. I pull mine up grade sharp turns, fully loaded with my 10k 360, not an issue at all...just don't have the jack extended far....keep it as retracted as realistically possible.

May I ask what size Airstream? Donít see it in your profile.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #46
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
May I ask what size Airstream? Donít see it in your profile.

2004 25' Safari "C" The six sleeper. Hitch weight in excess of 900lbs (loaded) and approx 6300lbs (loaded).
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 05-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Heard from Parkit that they donít recommend using the hitch ball connection for larger trailers.

Would have been helpful information before purchase. Looking at using frame rail connection.

Is anyone using a frame rail connection to move an Airstream 27 or larger with a powered dolly? Would really like to hear what people are using.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Quote:
Heard from Parkit that they donít recommend using the hitch ball connection for larger trailers.

Would have been helpful information before purchase. Looking at using frame rail connection.

Is anyone using a frame rail connection to move an Airstream 27 or larger with a powered dolly? Would really like to hear what people are using.
I am in the same boat here.....I have a 25RB and having issues with my 360.....and I'm infuriated. I have the ball hitch and the "special AS" hitch post and thrust washer......They told me that is should just be fine.....now I have "scores" inside the receiver and on the latch lip also has scores too......I "think" it might be damaged.....and I can't get it to tighten up.

I am looking at the image above (post #13) and the length of the shaft in the above picture is like 6 inches....mine is like 14" long....I asked about this...but they told me its right.....or I could just cut it down myself......so i'm wondering if the longer shaft and moving it on an angle has led to receiver damage....

I will be calling them tomorrow to see what can be done to solve this......

Now I can't turn it around in my driveway because the hitch is facing the wrong way (on purpose) and the 360 is the only way to turn it around (on purpose).

We are supposed to leave on Friday for a weekend trip and not sure that will even happen now....I'm not sure if the latch is damaged but it looks it from the spot welded bumps. It worked for at least 6 moves and all of a sudden it is keeps wobbling the ball out of the receiver out of the blue.....

I followed the videos and manual directions.....bumps in the back at 10 or 2, thrust washer horseshoe facing the machine......and tighten......now it won't tighten at all.

And now I heard that the ball mode isn't recommended...WTF.

I just can't believe it....I hope they have a solution.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081749.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	340490   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081830.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	340491  

Name:	20190512_081910.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	340493   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081920.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	340494  

Name:	20190512_081933.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	340495  
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lake Forest , Illinois
I stopped using the ball hitch connector - felt too unsteady no matter how much I tightened it. I now use the jack post method - really easy and much easier to turn. I have a flat driveway so this works really well and probably a faster method than using the ball hitch connector and trying to get it tight enough.
kjbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbishop2 View Post
I stopped using the ball hitch connector - felt too unsteady no matter how much I tightened it. I now use the jack post method - really easy and much easier to turn. I have a flat driveway so this works really well and probably a faster method than using the ball hitch connector and trying to get it tight enough.
So the post doesn't bend or flex when you move it around? I'm leery to try it on mine...I have to spin mine 180 degrees to get it out of my driveway, but you're right, it does seem a bit unstable.

I have a phone call into parkit360 and they are working on a solution for my situation as we speak. I will update this thread when I have results and feedback when it's done.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
we had the same issue using the ball. it was always loose

on our as 22FB, i just take the foot off the post. then i just drop it into the hole for the 360

no issues on our AS
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #52
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I too was going to use the frame rail mount, but opted instead to just use the powerjack rod itself. The ball connection is a total joke. It is VERY unstable, and with 900lbs+ of hitch weight I was not going to continue to do a balancing act and move a near 7k loaded trailer.

The frame rail mount I think will work spectacularly if you have some space to move around in, but keep in mind you'll be moving the trailer from the side of the "A" frame. I also found that you can hit the tires on the frame, so I really like having it on the center front, on the powerjack rod and I can adjust as needed on the fly.

All you really need to do is get a jack stand, lift the trailer with the powerjack (making sure the trailer is chock'd properly), put said jackstand under A frame, retract powerjack, slide 360 under powerjack rod and extend into the 360.

Stability is excellent. Maneuverability excellent. Your results can vary.

I also keep the tires at full pressure on the 360, which makes it easier to turn.

I use the connection that connects directly to the batteries in the A frame box. I have plenty of power cable and I've also been know to keep the shore power connected in the drive when I move it for added power (of course being extremely careful not to snag the line). I also have the umbilical connected to the 360 so I can quickly switch on the brakes if all hell breaks loose with a flip of a toggle switch.

You really don't need a frame mount, ball mount or that $800 ridiculous front wheel caster assembly that they did sell at one point.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
I am in the same boat here.....I have a 25RB and having issues with my 360.....and I'm infuriated. I have the ball hitch and the "special AS" hitch post and thrust washer......They told me that is should just be fine.....now I have "scores" inside the receiver and on the latch lip also has scores too......I "think" it might be damaged.....and I can't get it to tighten up.

I am looking at the image above (post #13) and the length of the shaft in the above picture is like 6 inches....mine is like 14" long....I asked about this...but they told me its right.....or I could just cut it down myself......so i'm wondering if the longer shaft and moving it on an angle has led to receiver damage....

I will be calling them tomorrow to see what can be done to solve this......

Now I can't turn it around in my driveway because the hitch is facing the wrong way (on purpose) and the 360 is the only way to turn it around (on purpose).

We are supposed to leave on Friday for a weekend trip and not sure that will even happen now....I'm not sure if the latch is damaged but it looks it from the spot welded bumps. It worked for at least 6 moves and all of a sudden it is keeps wobbling the ball out of the receiver out of the blue.....

I followed the videos and manual directions.....bumps in the back at 10 or 2, thrust washer horseshoe facing the machine......and tighten......now it won't tighten at all.

And now I heard that the ball mode isn't recommended...WTF.

I just can't believe it....I hope they have a solution.....

PM sent...
Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Quote:
PM sent...
Left you my number on your VM
Old 05-14-2019, 11:47 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lake Forest , Illinois
I've not seen any problems, I have to turn our 27ft FC 180 to get it lined up for getting it out of the drive.
kjbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbishop2 View Post
I've not seen any problems, I have to turn our 27ft FC 180 to get it lined up for getting it out of the drive.
We are doing the same thing.

Can you do me a favor? Can you measure the length of the ball mount? Specifically from the bottom (non painted area inside the machine) to the top of thrust washer and tell me the entire length of yours?

Does your thrust washer top have a "horseshoe" pattern or is it a solid flat surface?