Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #43
Rivet Master
 
UncleBad's Avatar
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 619
Parkit 360 Motorized Dolly

Just tried the Parkit 360 10K via jack stand tube connection with my 27FB AS. The tube is the same thickness as the Parkit tube so I donít think bending would be the issue, but I didnít get that far.

The issue is that with the slightest movement forward or backward the entire jack pivots in its mount. The three bolts holding it are probably not designed to support lateral force movement. So I have ruled this out as an option.
__________________

__________________
2018 27FBQ Tommy Bahama - "Indecision" w/Blue Ox SwayPro, Centramatics, Dual EasyStarts, Airstream Connected
2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke King Ranch - "Earl", Centramatics, Viair On Board Air
UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #44
Aluminut
 
Silvertwinkie's Avatar
 
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
I would like to do this as well. Do you have the standard jack or a ďbeefierĒ one?

I am worried about the lateral force on the jack tube bending it.

Not an issue. I pull mine up grade sharp turns, fully loaded with my 10k 360, not an issue at all...just don't have the jack extended far....keep it as retracted as realistically possible.
__________________

__________________
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #45
Rivet Master
 
UncleBad's Avatar
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Not an issue. I pull mine up grade sharp turns, fully loaded with my 10k 360, not an issue at all...just don't have the jack extended far....keep it as retracted as realistically possible.


May I ask what size Airstream? Donít see it in your profile.
__________________
2018 27FBQ Tommy Bahama - "Indecision" w/Blue Ox SwayPro, Centramatics, Dual EasyStarts, Airstream Connected
2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke King Ranch - "Earl", Centramatics, Viair On Board Air
UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #46
Aluminut
 
Silvertwinkie's Avatar
 
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
May I ask what size Airstream? Donít see it in your profile.



2004 25' Safari "C" The six sleeper. Hitch weight in excess of 900lbs (loaded) and approx 6300lbs (loaded).
__________________
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #47
Rivet Master
 
UncleBad's Avatar
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 619
Heard from Parkit that they donít recommend using the hitch ball connection for larger trailers.

Would have been helpful information before purchase. Looking at using frame rail connection.

Is anyone using a frame rail connection to move an Airstream 27 or larger with a powered dolly? Would really like to hear what people are using.
__________________
2018 27FBQ Tommy Bahama - "Indecision" w/Blue Ox SwayPro, Centramatics, Dual EasyStarts, Airstream Connected
2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke King Ranch - "Earl", Centramatics, Viair On Board Air
UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
Heard from Parkit that they donít recommend using the hitch ball connection for larger trailers.

Would have been helpful information before purchase. Looking at using frame rail connection.

Is anyone using a frame rail connection to move an Airstream 27 or larger with a powered dolly? Would really like to hear what people are using.
I am in the same boat here.....I have a 25RB and having issues with my 360.....and I'm infuriated. I have the ball hitch and the "special AS" hitch post and thrust washer......They told me that is should just be fine.....now I have "scores" inside the receiver and on the latch lip also has scores too......I "think" it might be damaged.....and I can't get it to tighten up.

I am looking at the image above (post #13) and the length of the shaft in the above picture is like 6 inches....mine is like 14" long....I asked about this...but they told me its right.....or I could just cut it down myself......so i'm wondering if the longer shaft and moving it on an angle has led to receiver damage....

I will be calling them tomorrow to see what can be done to solve this......

Now I can't turn it around in my driveway because the hitch is facing the wrong way (on purpose) and the 360 is the only way to turn it around (on purpose).

We are supposed to leave on Friday for a weekend trip and not sure that will even happen now....I'm not sure if the latch is damaged but it looks it from the spot welded bumps. It worked for at least 6 moves and all of a sudden it is keeps wobbling the ball out of the receiver out of the blue.....

I followed the videos and manual directions.....bumps in the back at 10 or 2, thrust washer horseshoe facing the machine......and tighten......now it won't tighten at all.

And now I heard that the ball mode isn't recommended...WTF.

I just can't believe it....I hope they have a solution.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081749.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	340490   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081830.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	340491  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081910.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	340493   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081920.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	340494  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_081933.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	340495  
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lake Forest , Illinois
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 48
I stopped using the ball hitch connector - felt too unsteady no matter how much I tightened it. I now use the jack post method - really easy and much easier to turn. I have a flat driveway so this works really well and probably a faster method than using the ball hitch connector and trying to get it tight enough.
kjbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbishop2 View Post
I stopped using the ball hitch connector - felt too unsteady no matter how much I tightened it. I now use the jack post method - really easy and much easier to turn. I have a flat driveway so this works really well and probably a faster method than using the ball hitch connector and trying to get it tight enough.
So the post doesn't bend or flex when you move it around? I'm leery to try it on mine...I have to spin mine 180 degrees to get it out of my driveway, but you're right, it does seem a bit unstable.

I have a phone call into parkit360 and they are working on a solution for my situation as we speak. I will update this thread when I have results and feedback when it's done.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #51
Rivet Master
 
waninae39's Avatar

 
2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,338
we had the same issue using the ball. it was always loose

on our as 22FB, i just take the foot off the post. then i just drop it into the hole for the 360

no issues on our AS
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #52
Aluminut
 
Silvertwinkie's Avatar
 
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,465
I too was going to use the frame rail mount, but opted instead to just use the powerjack rod itself. The ball connection is a total joke. It is VERY unstable, and with 900lbs+ of hitch weight I was not going to continue to do a balancing act and move a near 7k loaded trailer.


The frame rail mount I think will work spectacularly if you have some space to move around in, but keep in mind you'll be moving the trailer from the side of the "A" frame. I also found that you can hit the tires on the frame, so I really like having it on the center front, on the powerjack rod and I can adjust as needed on the fly.



All you really need to do is get a jack stand, lift the trailer with the powerjack (making sure the trailer is chock'd properly), put said jackstand under A frame, retract powerjack, slide 360 under powerjack rod and extend into the 360.



Stability is excellent. Maneuverability excellent. Your results can vary.


I also keep the tires at full pressure on the 360, which makes it easier to turn.



I use the connection that connects directly to the batteries in the A frame box. I have plenty of power cable and I've also been know to keep the shore power connected in the drive when I move it for added power (of course being extremely careful not to snag the line). I also have the umbilical connected to the 360 so I can quickly switch on the brakes if all hell breaks loose with a flip of a toggle switch.


You really don't need a frame mount, ball mount or that $800 ridiculous front wheel caster assembly that they did sell at one point.
__________________
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #53
Rivet Master
 
UncleBad's Avatar
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Oro Valley , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
I am in the same boat here.....I have a 25RB and having issues with my 360.....and I'm infuriated. I have the ball hitch and the "special AS" hitch post and thrust washer......They told me that is should just be fine.....now I have "scores" inside the receiver and on the latch lip also has scores too......I "think" it might be damaged.....and I can't get it to tighten up.



I am looking at the image above (post #13) and the length of the shaft in the above picture is like 6 inches....mine is like 14" long....I asked about this...but they told me its right.....or I could just cut it down myself......so i'm wondering if the longer shaft and moving it on an angle has led to receiver damage....



I will be calling them tomorrow to see what can be done to solve this......



Now I can't turn it around in my driveway because the hitch is facing the wrong way (on purpose) and the 360 is the only way to turn it around (on purpose).



We are supposed to leave on Friday for a weekend trip and not sure that will even happen now....I'm not sure if the latch is damaged but it looks it from the spot welded bumps. It worked for at least 6 moves and all of a sudden it is keeps wobbling the ball out of the receiver out of the blue.....



I followed the videos and manual directions.....bumps in the back at 10 or 2, thrust washer horseshoe facing the machine......and tighten......now it won't tighten at all.



And now I heard that the ball mode isn't recommended...WTF.



I just can't believe it....I hope they have a solution.....


PM sent...
__________________
2018 27FBQ Tommy Bahama - "Indecision" w/Blue Ox SwayPro, Centramatics, Dual EasyStarts, Airstream Connected
2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke King Ranch - "Earl", Centramatics, Viair On Board Air
UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
PM sent...
Left you my number on your VM
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:47 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lake Forest , Illinois
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 48
I've not seen any problems, I have to turn our 27ft FC 180 to get it lined up for getting it out of the drive.
kjbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbishop2 View Post
I've not seen any problems, I have to turn our 27ft FC 180 to get it lined up for getting it out of the drive.
We are doing the same thing.

Can you do me a favor? Can you measure the length of the ball mount? Specifically from the bottom (non painted area inside the machine) to the top of thrust washer and tell me the entire length of yours?

Does your thrust washer top have a "horseshoe" pattern or is it a solid flat surface?
__________________

kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parkit 360 power dolly Silvertwinkie Hitches, Couplers & Balls 37 03-16-2018 12:20 AM
ParkIt 360 Power Trailer Dolly 9800 lbs capacity perri Airstream Classifieds 0 08-29-2016 06:04 PM
Motorized Trailer Dolly (Used) pkm123 Airstream Classifieds 0 07-26-2016 01:19 PM
Anyone using a motorized tow dolly to park? Caffeinated Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers 3 06-16-2015 04:07 PM
motorized trailer dolly Firedog1 Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches 4 04-17-2013 10:47 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.