Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
RLS
Rivet Master
 
RLS's Avatar

 
2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 608
If you are wanting an SUV like us, then you need to look at the Nissan Armada or Infiniti QX56, used or new with the tow package. These SUV's are really built with a boxed frame. Ours pulls our 7,400 lbs. trailer with 1,000 lbs tongue weight with no problems. Been very impressed. We also have the 4wd one and it has been a life saver several times backing up.
__________________

__________________
Julia & Bob
W/ Deedee & Boo
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
 
jmcarter's Avatar
 
2010 28' International
Richmond Hill , Georgia
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS
If you are wanting an SUV like us, then you need to look at the Nissan Armada or Infiniti QX56, used or new with the tow package. These SUV's are really built with a boxed frame. Ours pulls our 7,400 lbs. trailer with 1,000 lbs tongue weight with no problems. Been very impressed. We also have the 4wd one and it has been a life saver several times backing up.
Agree with you but three car seats for kids and gear makes the longer wheelbase SUV's (GL350/2500 Burb) a necessity I would think...
__________________

__________________
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
RLS
Rivet Master
 
RLS's Avatar

 
2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Agree with you but three car seats for kids and gear makes the longer wheelbase SUV's (GL350/2500 Burb) a necessity I would think...

Hmm, the GL350 has the same wheelbase as the new Armada/QX56, being 121.1". The older Armadas and QX56 have 123.2". Now the Burb does have the longer wheelbase (130.0"), but you lose the tighter turning. All have same seating. Just food for thought.
__________________
Julia & Bob
W/ Deedee & Boo
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
 
jmcarter's Avatar
 
2010 28' International
Richmond Hill , Georgia
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS

Hmm, the GL350 has the same wheelbase as the new Armada/QX56, being 121.1". The older Armadas and QX56 have 123.2". Now the Burb does have the longer wheelbase (130.0"), but you lose the tighter turning. All have same seating. Just food for thought.
Seating aside, if you look at the GL and Burb you'll note quite a bit more room for gear. Agree the Japanese V8 SUV's are good tow vehicles and offer distinctive styling.
__________________
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
RLS
Rivet Master
 
RLS's Avatar

 
2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Seating aside, if you look at the GL and Burb you'll note quite a bit more room for gear. Agree the Japanese V8 SUV's are good tow vehicles and offer distinctive styling.
Well, again the Armada/QX56 has it over the GL. 95.1 volume compared to 83.3 for the GL. The Burb has it over either. Don't get me wrong, I like the GL (I own a Mercedes), just trying to give alternatives.
__________________

__________________
Julia & Bob
W/ Deedee & Boo
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1500


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.