Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
New Models

I was browsing around a couple of dealer sites last night and came across two models that I have never heard of before:

Can-AM Rv in Ontario has a 25' AC/CD CCD on order. The tag line says the best of both worlds, half Safari half CCD.

Colony RV in NJ has a 25 FB on order, no further information.

How come Airstream.com doesn't keep up to date with these new models?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:46 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sometimes there are abbriviations for features, but as far as I can tell there are no other models other than what's on the Airstream site or in the the sales brochures. I looked at both sites mentioned and could not find the models. Could you post a link?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:54 AM   #3
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
Safari Special

We saw the "half CCD" Airstream you are talking about at the RV Industry Association show in Louisville KY last December.

It is called a "Safari Special" and it is basically a regular Safari with CCD aluminum interior walls. It's a nice cross between the very urbane, (some would say "cold") CCD interior and the more traditional Safari fabrics and cabinetry. It is very cool! I would buy one in a heartbeat if I were looking today.

I have also been told that George M Sutton RV has ordered some of these. See picture. Sorry it's so dark -- the walls really are aluminum although they don't look it in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari Special.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	10066  
Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 AM   #4
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
25fb

I believe the 25FB may be the new rear-door, front bedroom model. It's also very cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25fb-1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	10067   Click image for larger version

Name:	25fb-2.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	10068  

Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

I like the look! My only suggestions based on the photo's would be to put the classic/ccd windows up front and swap the door hinges to the other side (maybe). It looks like the door wouldn't open too far if the awning was lowered.
Camp-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That's pretty slick! I agree, having the warmer fabrics and dual sink is a huge plus in my book. Not to knock the CCDs in general, but Airstream may be onto something here....but I suspect that it will cost more than a standard Safari, but hopefully less than a standard CCD.

It'd be nice if Airstream simply dropped those lame Safari windows and gave them either the windows that the Classic has or the CCD since they are dimentionally very similar in size (but different framing from what I've been told), even if it were at additional cost. It'd be worth it IMHO.

Not sure how I feel yet about a rear entry door model. My thing has always been when you place your RV in a spot, the front faces the street and headlights, sound, etc with the bed up front I think would be more noticable. Still it is nice to see them thinking outside the box!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp-Dog
My only suggestions based on the photo's would be to ....... swap the door hinges to the other side (maybe). It looks like the door wouldn't open too far if the awning was lowered.
They really put alot of thought into that door didn't they. This makes my point about those in charge not being customers themselves or they would know about the history of the door opening awning problem. It is pretty.

I am real curious about the safari special layout. Looks like a rear bath across the back.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #8
Craftsman

Yea, whats up with the door opening into the awning arm? There must be some kind of door stop so it won't open past 90 degrees. It looks pretty nice though. I wonder what else they have up their sleeves.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Demo?? Mock up for public opinion?? Pre production sample??
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You know, looking more closely at the "FB", it does not look like the same coach. I mean in the pic with the rear door open, you can kind of see the fridge on the street side.

In the other pic, the fridge is on the curbside.

Either way, that Safari/CCD combo would be HOT if it had the same windows the CCD had.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
Twink, the two pictures of the 25FB are the same coach. (I took them) Keep in mind that the interior picture was taken from the mid-section looking rearward, which may be accounting for some confusion. The fridge is on the street side.

The Safari Special that was shown at the show was a one-of-a-kind at the time. In production it might vary a bit. It is identical to the SS layout.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
If this were to go into production, the wrap around window should be in the back. I wouldn't want the big window in my bedroom area.

Also, a few times last season, we stayed on a beautiful lake site. Guess where the lake was? Behind us. Having the dining area and big windows in the back would let you take in the view while having dinner, etc.

I can see where this design would have appeal. I still prefer our CCD interior, however.

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #13

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We've stayed at several sites where the best view of the river, lake, etc was out the back - thus enjoyed only from the bathroom! I think the rear dinette with wrap around windows is a great idea!

I also like the idea of wrap around windows over the bed, as it would be nice for relaxing with a book and lots of light on a rainy day, but it might be a little cold to have all that glass area above the bed. Current CCD owners would know better than me!

Neat idea to mix the aluminum walls with the Safari materials. I like it better than the black/white/bold color scemes of the CCDs.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Almost

Getting there. I find this most encouraging, finally a move in the design to suit my mind set.
I agree the Safari windows have to go. Please!
I found the layout of the CCD 25 really great but, the decor a little too sterile.
This warming up of the interior is a great move. Come on Airstream almost there.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Cosmotini: neither the FB or the Safari Special have a rear wrap window. The Safari Special got CCD-type aluminum on the interior but in terms of layout it appears to be a straight Safari 25 SS.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #16
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1961 16' Bambi
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Millstone Township , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca
I was browsing around a couple of dealer sites last night and came across two models that I have never heard of before:

Can-AM Rv in Ontario has a 25' AC/CD CCD on order. The tag line says the best of both worlds, half Safari half CCD.

Colony RV in NJ has a 25 FB on order, no further information.

How come Airstream.com doesn't keep up to date with these new models?
The Model that was described is in stock at the dealership now.
25FB Photos and Floor Plan
Colonial Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master

I have always liked the Argosy rear door models, and wished that they still made them. I like the rear bath and I think a separate front bedroom
would be nice when some people are awake and some are sleeping.
The side dinette would turn into a bed for kids.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #18
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks for the postings, I was all turned around. Interesting coach.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Looked more closely....very small closet, says it has the Safari Upgrade Pkg which is suppose to have the electric hitch jack, but the one in the pic has a manual. It does have the cast rear tail lights which is part of the package. Also thinking that the rear window is gonna need an awning
Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
2005 models

I really like the rear entrance door & it's good to see them doing something different. Like previous comments, usually the best views are thru the back windows. I do think that the front bed could be an issuse with me at camp sites. Noise & light pollution might be more intrusive than I like. I hope they have one at the Travel show in MPLS in Feb, as I'd love to go thru one. I can hear the other one already saying "Oh, not again !!! While for most it's probably NOT a big issuse, but IMHO AS could really add class to a unit, if they would just GET RID of those stupid ceiling lights & go with something more AS.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote