Old 08-17-2003, 09:36 AM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well then I'm sold on it. If it passes the John Irwin seal of approval, it's good enough for me! Besides, carpeting isn't really an option for me...

Also, what do you think John of the special order items I mentioned. What do you think my chances are of upgrading to the 15k BTU A/C unit as well as an additional fantastic fan for the rear and the LED tail lights as found on the CCD.

I am not sure what they mean in the Safari upgrade pkg of cast alum tail lights if those are the standard or the better (IMHO) LED ones.

Thanks,

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Also, what do you think John of the special order items I mentioned. What do you think my chances are of upgrading to the 15k BTU A/C unit as well as an additional fantastic fan for the rear and the LED tail lights as found on the CCD.

I am not sure what they mean in the Safari upgrade pkg of cast alum tail lights if those are the standard or the better (IMHO) LED ones.

Thanks,

Eric
If you will pardon the pun, I am a great fan of two Fantastic Fans in my 22', so I know I would want two in a 25'. I often have them bolow one in and one out with the windows closed for a draft-free night. SInce they are thermostat contolled, they take care of changing outside temperatures.

If you are planning much time in the summer in the south, the 15,000 BTU would be good, but it may be overkill where you live. On another thread, an experienced AC person said that too large an AC leads to poor humidity control.

I didn't look at the taillights the other day at the dealer, but I suspect that the cast taillights are the same LED lights that I have. if I were you, I would confirm with A/S, though. The LED lights are super bright and very attractive. I did have to have one replaced under warrenty because of water leakage into the sealed LED unit.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:27 AM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree 110%. None of the items we're talking about are on a list of avail upgrades. Most are from folks on this forum that make sense and is why I'm looking at it. I wonder how willing A/S would be to install these as the unit is being built. It seems kind of silly that they build the unit and then have to take it apart after the fact, but that is kind of the feeling that I am getting from Airstream. What's your take?

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 08-17-2003, 10:31 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Hey Eric,
I have asked Vickie at A/S to send me the option list on the 19' Bambis (both CCD and Safari 8/11) It sounds like some of the options on the Safari are standard on the CCD, but I will post as soon as I get the information. She did say that fullbelly pans are standard on both.

Abe
Old 08-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #33
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'll save you some time. I have the Safari options lists if you're interested. I also have the specs too, but if you get and details on the LED lights, I'd be real interested. Anyway PM me your email address and I'll send you what I have so far.

The options and specs don't really give a bunch of details, just the general stuff. It is going to be at least 5-6 weeks before the 04 sales brochures are avail.

Eric
Old 08-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Hi Eric,

I found the 2004 spec sheet for the Safari's online, could you tell me if it's the same (or similar) to the printed one you have? The same with the 2004 spec sheet for the CCD's.

Thanks!
Xak
Old 08-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #35
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
This one has much more than the one I have.....mine does not have the boondocker solar option info, nor the 15"LCD TV info.

I talked with Airstream last week and although the specs you posted don't have vinyl flooring thoughout as an option on the Safari "SS", they said it is entirely possible.

Thanks for linking me the specs you have. It has more of what I was looking for.....

Eric
Old 08-17-2003, 11:58 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
This one has much more than the one I have.....mine does not have the boondocker solar option info, nor the 15"LCD TV info.

Eric
Notice that all lengths now have LED tail lights.

Looking at the 22' Safari (which used to be the International AS), there are some surprises.

12v heating on the tanks is the big surprise. That should put a pretty good drain of the battery/converter.

They eliminated one of the 3 phone outlets. My unit has one TV jack, now two.

The solar package and the flat panel TV.

Convection oven (I wish).

AC dropped from 13,500 BTU to 11,000 BTU. This is probably OK since I run mine on low or medium over 100 degrees and stay cool.

GVWR up 300# (600# from mine).

Aluminum bottle cover instead of fabric. I want to check on this at the Homecoming.

Bed storage boxes instead of the two drawers.

Underbelly enclosed.

All in all, a pretty much reengineered trailer.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #37
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Good eye John..I missed that one.....now just need to know about the extra fantastic fan and the 15k A/C upgrade.

Eric