Old 08-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #15
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Greetings.

I just received a call from Vicki at Airstream. About two and a half ago I had left her a message asking if the option of a black tank flush was available for the 19' ccd.

The black tank flush is standard equipment on all ccd's except the 22'.

I am also inquiring about a fantastic fan and aquajet pump install option.

BTW, the color options Blue streak, Lemon Grass, and Hazard Orange apply only to the color of the cushions in the dinnete. The bedspread is white no matter what color option your choose. The lights in the upper cabinets are orange with the Hazard Orange and Blue Streak fabric, and with the lemmon grass the lights in the cabinets are yellow.

The dividing walls, bath door, etc. are that charcol gray/blk wood laminate regardless of what fabric color you choose.

Personally, I think the Blue streak is really impressive.....I think I'm in love!!!

Go to
http://www.colonialairstream.com/200..._interior.html

Jonathan

Old 08-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Hey Jonathan,
I spoke to Vickie at A/S on 8/11 with similar questions. We are torn between the 19 Safari and the 19 ccd. She is sending me the option list and I will post as soon as I get it. We liked the Safari upgrade and according to her it is available on both 19 footers. Would like to see the 19 ccd in person!!!

Abe

Old 08-15-2003, 05:22 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Pics of 19' look great

The pics that Colonial Airstream have posted for the 19' CCD look great. That wraparound window really opens up the dinette. Not sure that I like the fact that windows in the kitchen area are non-opening as there are times when that cross ventilation is nice. Glad to see that the larger appliances from the Safari Bambi remained as both the 16 and 19CCD models use smaller refrig and 2 burner cooktops. In seeing the pics, something did cross my mind...the bare aluminum walls in the bed area are going to be a bit cold to touch, especially in cooler weather. Having the covered walls in our Bambi LS, I can tell you it is much nicer to brush against fabric rather than metal. Of course that could be fixed with a custom made fabric section that snapped in place (like A/Ss of yesteryear did). I do like the halogen lights in the ceiling above the bed. Also the second non opening window in the bed area added a nice touch. The same window above the toilet is at an unappropriate location (passerbys might get more of a look than they wanted). Overall, the CCD translated into the 19' very nicely. Not sure I would trade our makeover, but very nice.
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 06:37 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Lookng at that page, did it strike anyone that right under the caption "The New International "CCD" 19' Interior" is a photo of a 22' CCD? They ought to get their act together.

DBTW, you're right. That window in the head had better be frosted.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 12:55 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Colonial Airstream Web Site

Hey John,

The picture of the 22' CCD starts at the "Overview" page and stays there throughout all of the CCD pages (exterior, interior, features, etc.). You'd think they'd be wise enough to at least change the picture when you're looking at the interiors of the different models. If you go to the exterior page you'll be able to see all of them. I think the exterior of the 16' is really cute, but the interior of the 19' would be more practical for me.

BTW, anyone know what a reasonable offer would be for the 19' CCD at a dealer, since they start at $37K+? I've heard a couple of different answers, but about 15% off the sticker seems to be the most common. Does this sound about right?

Xak
Old 08-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Toilet in the CCD

I was just cruising through Airstreams web site to see if they've got information on the 2004 19' & 25' CCDs (they don't) so I decided to look at the 16' CCD. There's a photo of the toilet with similar clear windows, but with a roller shade above them (see attached photo). I'm guessing that this is probably the same in the 19' as well.

And speaking of the 16', I noticed in the floorplans that the toilet is now listed as a "wet bath". Does this mean they've added a shower? In the picture it looks like a white shower curtain on the right-hand side of the door.

Well, I answered my own question. More exploration of the Airstream site lead me to the Full Specification PDF which states a "wet bath, shower & toilet combination" for the 16' and 22' CCDs.

Xak
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16_bambi_ccd.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2661  
Old 08-16-2003, 03:07 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

There is a shower on the 16. I understand its a "wet bath", not a separate shower. Re: the MSRP, you have to consider the popularity of the CCDs (high) and the seasonal demand in fall (lower). I think you would do very well to get 10% off a 19CCD right now.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:43 PM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thumbs up

Kind of off topic, but I have been noticing that the 2004s no longer have a center trim piece that blend the top alum with the bottom alum. It appears that they now overlap the two and rivet them.

I was looking tonight at some and said something looks cleaner, different. Sure enough, two sperate dealers that had 2004s and some late production 2003s (if the pics matched the model year) none of the Safaris or the Bambis had that center trim piece any longer.

FWIW, I like it!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:48 PM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Here's what I'm talking about. Look closely at this older unit on the center of the sheetmetal:
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 08-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #24
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Now check out what the dealer calls the 2004. Note the center seam trim has been deleted:
Old 08-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
They also seem to have added the dual battery box on the tongue to the Safari. This was also on my '03 Bambi that you all wanted to see. In the second picture, you can kind of see it behind the LP tanks.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:39 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Deleted trim

Not a bad idea to get rid of the trim. I had to have some replaced under warrenty because the center "chrome" strip was peeling. It was on the door and terribly obvious.

I still have a few wrinkled places on the center strip, but not in obvious areas, so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie. I think that if they bend the strip too much during installation it wrinkles and that eventually starts it peeling.
WBCCI #9632
Old 08-17-2003, 09:22 AM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I also was at the NJ dealer website and looked more closely at some of the flooring on the Amirillo option. It has what looks like either pergo wood floor or linoleum floor that looks like wood. Anyone know for sure? I like that flooring! With a dog and going boondocking, carpeting is kind of hard to keep up.....

Also, it looks like Airstream is placing the "tear drop" running lights on most of the lines. Looks very sharp. Does anyone know if the cast alum tail lights are the "L.E.D." cast alum tail lights as found on the International or the standard. If they are not the LED ones, what do you think my chances are of having those installed if I place an order for one? Same thing with the 15k BTU A/C unit. I think they are very similar in dimentions. Also adding a second fantastic fan. If you get the Safari pkg, it comes with the one in front, however now that I'm in the 25' range I was also thinking of having them install one in back too. You think if I requested it, it could happen as part of the manufac process of a ordered unit (of course all at additional cost)?

Eric
Old 08-17-2003, 09:31 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
I also was at the NJ dealer website and looked more closely at some of the flooring on the Amirillo option. It has what looks like either pergo wood floor or linoleum floor that looks like wood. Anyone know for sure? I like that flooring! With a dog and going boondocking, carpeting is kind of hard to keep up.....
The floor is a wood-look-alike linoleum. Very attractive and I wish I had it in mine; if I did, I wouldn't be putting in a cork floor right now.

BTW: My cork is on a truck somewhere between Seattle and here. It is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I have been checking the UPS tracking daily so that I am here when it arrives to check for damage. My fear is a carton may have been dropped on a corner since I just have enough to do the job without ordering another carton. Any damage is unacceptable.

WBCCI #9632