Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 AM   #15
PJ1
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Cincinnati , Ohio
Thanks to all for the AS vs T@b comments. Am thinking just need to rise to the challenge and make it happen as AS is what I have wanted all along! Am making notes on all suggestions to simplify AS set-up and use. Thank you-thank you!

Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Peanut, glad to! I purchased from authorized Airstream dealer, Windish RV in Lakewood, Co. I told them the mods I wanted, and they performed them, prior to my pick up day last Tuesday. They said they simply installed a straight jack crank to the edge of the trailer for each of 4 stab jacks. They sold me the required chuck to fit it, I stood at side, connected my 18volt Dewalt, zip! It went down, Zip in reverse, it went up! They said it was much the same as on the big AS. They also provided the electric tongue jack, an Airstream product, with level bubble. They also extended access to sewer waste tube to end of TT, extended waste tube canister to TT EDGE, as well, installed vent roof cover, (allowing use of vent/fan in rainstorms, without getting wet)! I would contact your local AIRSTREAM DEALER and ask if they can do the same, if you like. As I indicated, these mods solved all issues I had to accommodate my aging capabilities, and save the old back! Hope this helps. Evelyn. HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL!

Old 04-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #17
Rivet Master

PJ1, Just go for it! You won't be sorry! See ya on the road! HTY!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Longmont , Colorado
Hello and congratulations on your new "baby".
I applaud you for heading out and following your dreams.
When you go to Montana, there is a delightful RV park in Livingston, Montana. Rock Canyon RV is such a little jewel. Kim and John, the owners are SO nice, and welcoming. They have many repeat seasonal visitors, and it actually feels like family. The restrooms are so so very clean, and you would feel very welcome there. You would be able to take day trips in to the North entrance of Yellowstone while leaving your Bambi at Rock Canyon. Livingston is a great little western town...and they have a good Farmer's Market in the middle of the week. Bozeman is close by, and the surrounding area around Livingston is beautiful. Pinky's is a fun breakfast venue, and if you want delicious baked goods....Bodega is great.
We are headed that way next week...if you go, tell them that the Brown's sent you their way. Have a fabulous adventure...and if we see you...we definitely will come say hello.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Enjoy! ...and welcome ...
Old 04-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Yesterday, I brought my new Bambino home!! She is BAMBI 16 Sport, 2015, with interior Golden ultra leather dinette upholstery. I bought her from Windish RV in Lakewood Colorado, and drove home to Centennial, Colorado (about 42 miles in rush hours traffic)! Len and his team were so nice to work with, making the process pretty much painless.

BAMBI towed like a dream, no problems at all. So, she's parked in front of my house, drawing a multitude of drive by gawkers and smiles! Once I get it packed up with leave in basics, I'll need to put it in storage for a bit, which I hate to do. Just this morning, I made reservations for my 1st trip, a week in Durango, Co.

Also upgraded AAA to RV Premiere, arranged insurance, beginning plans for my big Pacific NW trip. I'm raring to go! Happy trails to all. I hope to meet some of you along the road! Evelyn.
you have excellent taste in Airstreams.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Thanks to all! I can barely wait to get her out on the road! As spring In the Rockies is so unpredictable, snow not uncommon, even after a week in 60-70s, I'm trying to wait for better weather reports. I may even see snow on my trip to Durango 1st week of June! See ya on the road! HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Sunnistream, I will try to get reservation at Rock Canyon RV when. I go. Thks for referral.
Mefly2, you are so lucky to live in big sky country! We were stationed twice at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls. I loved it! I caught some good tasting coho in some back country MTN streams! Beautiful country...2nd only to Colorado! LOL! HTY!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #23

2015 16' Sport
Conifer , Colorado
We're about to bring home our new 16' Bambi from Windish as well...are you enjoying yours?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #24
Rivet Master

TinyTrailer, congrats! Did you go to Lakewood Windish? If so, tell Len I said Hi! He was so great to work with! To answer your?? ....absolutely! I love my Bambino! I'm in provisioning process now. I have a trip to Durango for 1st week June...then, back to Centennial, prior to taking off for Grand Tetons, Glacier NP, on to PNW coast , hwy 101 !

Are you interested in a 'small. Caravan trip' ? If so, answer back. It should be some good times! Also, anyone else in our area....caravan trip?..Of Coloradans should be nice! Any takers? HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL! Evelyn.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Interesting thread -- especially after almost ending up with a T@B. Colorado Lady, thanks for providing solutions for the major challenge I have with the Bambi -- bending over to handle the stabilizing jacks and sewer hose storage/connections.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #26

2015 16' Sport
Conifer , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
TinyTrailer, congrats! Did you go to Lakewood Windish? If so, tell Len I said Hi! He was so great to work with! To answer your?? ....absolutely! I love my Bambino! I'm in provisioning process now. I have a trip to Durango for 1st week June...then, back to Centennial, prior to taking off for Grand Tetons, Glacier NP, on to PNW coast , hwy 101 !

Are you interested in a 'small. Caravan trip' ? If so, answer back. It should be some good times! Also, anyone else in our area....caravan trip?..Of Coloradans should be nice! Any takers? HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL! Evelyn.

Thank you! We're heading up to the Estes Park KOA in a couple weeks for one night, just to start learning the ropes! We also made reservations at KOAs in Gunnison and Grand Junction for this Summer. We figure full hookups and lots of amenities are necessary during our first season! We'd be up for a caravan!

Tags
2015 bambi 16 sport, centennial colorado