Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1981 31' Excella II
Richmond , Texas
There are many uses for an antenna on an Christmas decorations!....HA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ole81sChristmasDEcoration.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	163843  

Bob (K5RPS) and Gail (MAAAA)

31' 1981 Excella II
2001 F-250 7.3D Crew w/8'bed and Pullrite 180degree

"Ask the Man Who Owns One" (Packard, Of Course)
"Ask the Woman who lives with one...or more!" (Gail)
ole81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
ham antenna mounting on Airstream

I use a Don Johnson (SK April 2010) W6AAQ DK-3 screwdriver antenna on our trailer. I use a piece of wood I have cut two holes the diameter of a R-S TV mast and one large hole that fits the diameter of the electric jack in the front. Since we have an Hensley hitch I can screw up the tightness of the weight bars to hold the wood in place. The two mast holes come out past the triangular hitch where I have mounted two R-S clamps that use U-bolts to secure the mast to the triangular part of the hitch and the hole through the wood to ground.

I use two five foot masts and mount the DK-3 on top of ten foot of mast. Using a 1 inch braided lead for ground which is attached to one bolt of the U-bolt on the mount on the hitch. The coax goes along the road side of the trailer into the side opening under our dinette. That coax goes to an ICOM IC-706 MK II G radio and SWR meter. The ICOM has the 10 watt test generator so I can tune the antenna with the screwdriver. Power for the screwdriver also goes through the same path as the coax.

Seems to work well and have made some good contacts using this method.

tinearpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2007 34' Classic S/O
Eureka , Illinois
I made a frame extension on the rear curbside and mounted a 6 ft. aluminum tube on the extension. I have a mid-point support to the belt rail of my Airstream trailer. A mobile mount is mounted at the top of the tube for my Yaesu ATAS-100 mobile antenna. A length of braid runs from the antenna base mount to a screw on the window frame of the back window. Coax is routed through the floor of the rear storage compartment and up toward the front and under the dinette. I use a Yaesu FT-847 HF/VHF/UHF transceiver in the dinette. Another braid runs from the radio to a screw in the window frame (between screen and glass). Has worked perfectly for 6 years. The antenna is removed when travelling.

John, W9CJX

jwgreen is offline   Reply With Quote