Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
WE use the microfiber car window cleaner with the handle on it. A light spray of water and finish with the microfiber cloth. Easy and quick and no oily film. The Al now looks new.

Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Do not use MEK on the interior or any other Airstream aluminum. It will attack the clear paint that is applied at the aluminum company. Use only non-abrasive detergent solution.
Good point. I don't have that problem because my aluminum interior is bare ALCLAD. I installed it myself.

utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Our 2008 Safari SE has the aluminum interior. I don't know whether the Flying Cloud has an SE model or other model that included the aluminum interior.

Those with mouse fur say there's are better insulated and it is probably true, though I think all the windows in the SE make them harder to insulate.

We decided that if we were going aluminum, we'd go all the way. I don't believe they clear coat the interior, just the exterior.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
How do you get them to drink it?
You use one of the above mentioned vests to velcro them to the couch or dinette.
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , North Carolina
Velcro lives on!

Gringo, the concept lives on. You need to attend a (admittedly non-PC) midget toss.
TinCanLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #20
one of those
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
We've only spent two nights in our CCD, but we love the aluminum interior. I picked up a couple cheapo LED flashlights at an Academy store in Houston, you know, the little chinese gnurled,machined aluminum jobbies with an o-ring, rubber switch, and a strange three cell AAA battery pack? Pack of two for ten bucks.

I didn't realize they had red lasers built into them, too. What fun! The second night in the Airstream I had all the lights out and playing with the laser inside. It was fun to see how many beams I could get going. Almost made me wish I still smoked, to make the beams really stand out. Would have been fun to borrow someone's cat, too.

Then I was thinking....IF someone were say, showing entirely too much interest in the windows or tailgate of the truck at night, wouldn't it be interesting for them to look down and see the red laser dot? Might even be more effective than the flashlight.
A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member
2013 27' FB Classic
North Wales , Pennsylvania
Mouse fur

Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Several models with the mouse fur interior have experienced headliner droop similar to what happens in a number of model cars. Long term high temperature exposure degrades the adhesive and foam backing of the headliner. It can be fixed by installing retaining screws or braces but does change the appearance. There is also the question of how to clean it if you use your trailer for more dusty camping.
Our 2006 Safari does not have mouse fur as the headliner, rather a padded vinyl cover that is easy to clean. We have not any drooping issues after 5 years of use.

Tom & Lori

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2016 Nissan XD Turbo Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote