Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1988 29' Argosy
St. Paul , Minnesota
Hi new to Airstream forum..

I recently purchased a 1988 Airstream Argosy 29,, it was quite a find, almost perfect showroom condition. So I have very few issues with it, beside the old water heater. I am in the process of remodeling some things, customizing and tailoring to fit me,, while maintaining as much as possible the original format. I would like to post pictures of the progress, but the parameters of this site ask for a video file. I can make video as I have a small Film Co. But I snap pic's as I go along. "So how do I post pic's".. For most of my working life I was a boatbuilder, carpenter, with background in Engineering Sciences. Not big on Electrical or Plumbing. So I just shot a little video, see if it uploads here. My experience is in Carpentry, boatbuilding & Design, Woodworking. I would be happy to help out with design & construction techniques, questions' with my new Airstream Friends. Unfortunately the MP4 video I just shot is not uploading either. I can put it on YouTube or Vimeo if anyone is interested, so we can share experiences.. Best, Interpilot"
interpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums.

Posting pictures should be easy. When you start a reply, or post to a new thread, there will be a bunch of little sybols above the little frame that you are typing in. Look for the little paperclip symbol--this will open the dialog to upload pictures or movies. Use the top half of the dialog box to "upload a file" (the file is your picture file).

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Greetings interpilot and welcome to the vintage Airstream hobby. I am originally from the Twin Cites area, and last year moved here to Conifer, Colorado for family reasons. I very much enjoyed Minnesota living. St Paul is such a classic city, rich in history.

It sounds like you have all kinds of skills needed to keep your 88 Argosy going, and making it even better. You're gonna get bigger on basic electrical and plumbing working on your vintage trailer. Building boats is more difficult than working on old Airstreams. Argosy trailers are sometimes called "vintage kin". They are certainly part of the Airstream family.

I learned something interesting about the Argosy brand this summer. An Argosy owner I met in a campground said Airstream used Argosy to try out new ideas. The big panoramic windows in front were first used in the Argosy. And of course the steel formed end caps front and rear are also an Argosy feature. That's why the Argosy trailers are painted. Here is a photo of a restored 75 Argosy. Notice the big front windows. A 75 Airstream has the smaller front windows.

Uploading .jpg photos is easy. But I have noticed that folks have more trouble with Apple photos and videos. But I'm no computer savvy guy. I'm sure someone can help, especially in the Administrative section.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1605 Santa Fe Argosy.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	266333  
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1988 29' Argosy
St. Paul , Minnesota
Airstream Argosy ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
Greetings interpilot and welcome to the vintage Airstream hobby. I am originally from the Twin Cites area, and last year moved here to Conifer, Colorado for family reasons. I very much enjoyed Minnesota living. St Paul is such a classic city, rich in history.

It sounds like you have all kinds of skills needed to keep your 88 Argosy going, and making it even better. You're gonna get bigger on basic electrical and plumbing working on your vintage trailer. Building boats is more difficult than working on old Airstreams. Argosy trailers are sometimes called "vintage kin". They are certainly part of the Airstream family.

I learned something interesting about the Argosy brand this summer. An Argosy owner I met in a campground said Airstream used Argosy to try out new ideas. The big panoramic windows in front were first used in the Argosy. And of course the steel formed end caps front and rear are also an Argosy feature. That's why the Argosy trailers are painted. Here is a photo of a restored 75 Argosy. Notice the big front windows. A 75 Airstream has the smaller front windows.

Uploading .jpg photos is easy. But I have noticed that folks have more trouble with Apple photos and videos. But I'm no computer savvy guy. I'm sure someone can help, especially in the Administrative section.

David
Yes Thx., I have tried to upload a pic',, converted to JPG. Most common format. But rejected as invalid file type.. online nuances. I will continue trying until I get it,, I have wanted an Airtsream for many years now,, but this Argosy popped up and I bought it sight unseen. Best deal I have ever made. I have my home for life
Old 07-10-2016, 04:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Congratulations on your new baby, and welcome.

Maggie
Old 07-10-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Greeneville , Tennessee
Welcome, you're gonna like it here.
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Southaven , Mississippi
Welcome to the forums.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi interpilot from St Paul. I'll try to describe the process I use to upload a digital photo.

1. Click on the paper clip. This opens Manage Attachments. I always place my cursor two spaces from the bottom of my posting. The cursor ought not be somewhere in the middle of your text.
2. Click on the button that says "choose file"
3 Search your device for the photo file you want. Select it and then click on open.
4. Note the file name is now on the Manage Attachments
5. Now press "Upload". It takes several seconds for the process to complete. Be patient, wait until Manage Attachments is fully complete. You will see your file name toward the bottom of Manage Attachments. (Don't click on "upload video".}
6. You can click on "close this window" and close Manage Attachments
7. You will not see your picture until you click on "submit reply". Do so, and wait several seconds. The photo should be pasted to your post.
8. If you need to complete an edit, you can do that within several minutes. I think after about 15 minutes, your post is frozen, no changes.

I have read and experienced difficulty with "apps" that make Air Forums accessible on I-pads and the like. I do not know how these apps work, but my experience with them has been less than pleasant.

Hope this helps a vintage Argosy owner. I was in a campground last spring and saw this old Argosy in significant disrepair along the back fence line. It is just waiting for someone to drag it home and refurbish it into a great trailer again.

David

PS My heart is broken with the tragedy in St Paul. Let the healing begin. It will take considerable time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1605 Holbrook Argosy.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	266421  
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:36 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1988 29' Argosy
St. Paul , Minnesota
My New Old Airstream Argosy..

Thank You All, I couldn't be a happier camper. I am so fortunate to find this Argosy 29. It is absolutely beautiful,, I realize I have found my home for life. I so appreciate your suggestions and comments. I know I am among friends. We share something in common. Aside from the glitches in computers.. I use Mac., Film & video editing. Hopefully we will get this figured out. I know we have so much to share. Currently I am in Missouri with my little Blue Heeler dog, Abby,,' I broke my wrist, so I am stuck.. Long story. But it is healing.. I am working on my Argosy,, building a new aft bedroom. I was a boatbuilder in my previous incarnation. My earlier lives. Pardon my expressions, but I love Philosophy. I know there are some out here who understand. My work on this Argosy is one of patience,, something I was short of in younger days. As a boatbuilder, I learned many things.. But most important: Measure twice: Cut once., kind of Mark Twain.. Best,, Interpilot

Vimeo upload video of Argosy,, see if this works..

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/174062084" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/174062084">Argosy Seq</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user3187211">Stig Christian Andersen</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Old 07-30-2016, 08:52 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1987 33' Argosy
Campbellsville , Kentucky
iframes don't work here, but https://player.vimeo.com/video/174062084 this should open the video in a new tab. I just highlighted and opened a new tab, and the video played just fine, so I copied and linked it here.

We have an 87 Argosy "squarestream" and we love it. Currently living in it for the next 5 months while workcamping in Kentucky. After that, no plans yet.

Looking forward to seeing more of your Argosy as you complete projects!

Welcome to the forums.

87 Argosy 33 F since April 2010
CCGAL is offline   Reply With Quote