Old 10-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by frozen chosen
why not set up a forum on dealers? identify the good from the ? might spur more attention to the stuff we have been discussing.

Perhaps dealers could earn points for categories, such as for service, prep, courtesy, etc. Or they could loose points for the lack of attention to those same categories? That would give them the chance to shine for an obviously interested audience , if they choose to compete.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #114
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Quote:
Perhaps dealers could earn points for categories, such as for service, prep, courtesy, etc. Or they could loose points for the lack of attention to those same categories? That would give them the chance to shine for an obviously interested audience , if they choose to compete.
Points for dealers ... that would be riveting.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 02:30 PM   #115
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Abe.

Here is what I do know about the CCD Bambi:

Black tank flush is standard
Fantastic fan w/ rain sensor is standard.
Solar stone guards are optional
Stainless steel wrap are optional
Electric jack optional
Sparetire and mount optional
Hot water heatrer bypass standard (I think on all or most models now except the 16' CCD).
2 deep cycle batterys group 24 standard

There is also a TV option and a Boondocker solar package. Someone wrote that the solar package might no be available now.

The Window stone guards seem like something that is an absolute must have, given the width of the front window and exposure to flying debris from the road. AS should make those standard, and just add that charge to the overall cost of the trailer IMHO.

I think part of the answer of waiting to see if QC improves, is to shop for a quality dealer, who knows what we as a group know, has a knowlegable and friendly staff, a service department that is run like the military. And all AS dealers should have every single model on hand ( I know that this might be real hard since they sell quickly and AS is sending about 25 of these out of Jackson Center a week, but it would be great to go to a place that has significant inventory. For that matter, the AS plant should have one of every model on hand for people to climb around in after that factory tour....

My soap box is wearing out...

Jonathan
Old 10-21-2003, 02:42 PM   #116
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
I do not think that the dual battery is standard on all CCD Bambis. I know for a fact that one I saw which is a '04 only had one not two. Think it was a 16'. The location where the propane and the electric tongue lifty thingy would not allow for room of two.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 PM   #117
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Jody.

You are correct. The 16' and 22' CCD's come with one battery. The 19', 25', and 28' have two batterys.

This according to AS's CCD trailer spec sheet for 2004.

I think I have this spec sheet memorized now....

Jonathan
Old 10-21-2003, 09:17 PM   #118
3 Rivet Member

Crazylev, where did you learn the 19CCD does not have a hot water by-pass? I wonder how this will play out as far as winterizing the thing?
Old 10-22-2003, 09:15 AM   #119
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Stain

I had noticed a brown stain on the bathroom wall of my Classic 25 behind the towel bars, but figured that the cleaning ladies would take care of it. Sadly, it wouldn't come off.

The dealer took photos of it to send to the factory and gave me several optopns for correcting the problem. Since there is no way I wanted them to replace the entire wall, I decided to have them cut a beveled mirror to mount over the stain. It should look very nice. They will get the mirror to me and I will mount it to save me about 60 miles of round trip towing.

I was happy with the dealer's handling of the problem.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:34 AM   #120
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Frozen.

"Hot water heater bypass standard (I think on all or most models now except the 16' CCD)."

This is just for the CCD line.

As far as winterizing, I wouldn't know that because the temperatures never fall below 50 degrees in the coldest months in Chicago, so I would not be doing that chore at all...

javascript:smilie('')

Jonathan
Old 10-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #121
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey, in mid Jan/Feb, if it hits 30, I consider that swimming weather out on that big pond we have to the east of us!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:00 PM   #122
BAUXITE

2004 25' Classic
homosassa , Florida
Picked up my new 04 Classic Monday. It was manf. in Sept of 03. Few minor things were corrected before delivery,bal. looks OK at this time. On the sheet listing the specifications sheet for this particular trailer,Airstream listed tape deck and CD player. I did not need both but figured it was included in the price. When I called Airstream at the time of delivery, a VP said it was their error and it should have read CD player only. Thought they would offer some small adjustment but the jest of it was that they would not do anything about it, it was a simple error on thier part! Another suprise (it was listed correctly on the spec. sheet), they did not include a spare tire. Another critique would be two outside storage/water access compartments. Both were painted white and even thought the unit was less than a monthe old rusting was evident. Why not galvanized or stainless ? My last AS was a 2002 Safari w/ upgrade package and they included spare. So much for that...... We are takeing a two week trip the first of Nov. and can probable give better input on any quality issues on the 04's. Another issue....... the 02 Safari pulled like a dream. Truck could blow by me at 25mph faster and no sway.Never used the anti-sway bar. This was on a hitch height of 18 1/4". The spec on the Classic is a 1" higher. The hitch ball height was changed on the Classic to 19". Considerable sway was noticed at diff. tensions on the bar. I know the hitch weight and GVWR are diff. but would not expect this much diff. pulling with an Excursion. After laying out all that money for the Classic, I am chocking at the price of a Hensley. Any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM   #123
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ed,

I can't say if the Hensley is the thing...there are some strong opinons on it, but I will say that I had the same B.S. with my Bambi where they made mistakes on the sticker window sheet that didn't match the reality.

I sent Streamer from the airstreamer forum (he works for the company), some observations and this was one of them.

I know Streamer is busy, but I never heard anything back, so I am not sure what the results were, but I know what you went through....my issue was that the black tanks was rated at 8 and/or 18 gallons, few knew the right answer...I finally did get it, but it took an act of Congress...

Thanks very much for posting your info!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:26 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Classic sway problems

Quote:
the 02 Safari pulled like a dream. Truck could blow by me at 25mph faster and no sway.Never used the anti-sway bar. This was on a hitch height of 18 1/4". The spec on the Classic is a 1" higher. The hitch ball height was changed on the Classic to 19". Considerable sway was noticed at diff. tensions on the bar. I know the hitch weight and GVWR are diff. but would not expect this much diff. pulling with an Excursion.
I'm surprised that you are having sway problems. I brought my 2003 Classic 25 home yesterday and then to the storage yard today in a strong crosswind using my old 550# bars and no sway bar and there was absolutely no hint of sway.

My 2003 Classic 25 specs the hitch height at 18 3/4". My ball was at 20 1/2" because I don't have the long shank yet for the new truck. With the 550# bars, the hitch height was just about right when hooked up.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:59 PM   #125

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I was informed that our build date will be December 9th or 16th on the Classic. Due to the plant shutdown for the holidays I was warned that the trailer may not get to the dealership until January.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:10 AM   #126
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Production date -where?

greetings, you lucky new trailer guys!
I went back to the dealer early this week, again checked out the new trailers.
All but one of the CCD's were gone, but plenty 04 Safaris, mostly 25 footers. I could not detect crucial problems with any of them, other than some irregularities on moldings and poorly fitting cabinet doors, and some delaminating on folding work tops. On one of the Safaris, I cold not get a few of the lights to work. Coulda been operator error. I tried to find production dates, but they all had segment protectors and I could not find the tag with the information. Is it under the segment protectors?