Old 11-23-2003, 06:44 PM   #183
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
She's a beauty Jack. Bet you both are going to be getting cabin fever waiting for spring!

The offer still stands to park it over here for the winter...of course, you'll need to leave the van....um...just in case I need to move it......you can take the Impala home for the winter!

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #184
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
I envy you the stack of drawers and the additional galley counter space. Those were the biggest things I gave up in going from the 22' to the 25'.

I like the lighter wood.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:47 PM   #185
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Congrats on the new AS, Jack. That looks like a Sumatra interior .. is that right? If so, how do you like it?

This wait is killing me!

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:27 AM   #186
4 Rivet Member

Well happy camping , I just got mine back from AS and am pleased with the interior work done. You will like the leather couch much better than the cloth, had cloth on Safari went leather when I upgraded and and love it. Cant wait till vacation time in the spring.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #187

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
The offer still stands to park it over here for the winter...of course, you'll need to leave the van....um...just in case I need to move it......you can take the Impala home for the winter!

Eric
Eric, you are the nicest guy! I'm sure if my Classic and van are over at your place, you might be short of space for the new Safari!

So I be glad to offer in kind the storage of your Safari and Impala.....

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:11 AM   #188

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally posted by Porky Pig
Congrats on the new AS, Jack. That looks like a Sumatra interior .. is that right? If so, how do you like it?

This wait is killing me!
You are right on the interior (according to my wife). The flash washed out some of the color so it looks sort of blue. Well our first introduction was Saturday so we will have to wait for dealer prep and for my new hitch equipment to come in before it comes home.

Escentially once home we will pack it up and take it to inside storage until April. It will be a long cold winter. I don't know what's worse, waiting for it to be built or owning it and not having a stitch of vacation until spring. That's what I get for buying this and then taking a new job.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 11-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #189
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Oh I'd make the room!

But as a happy compromise....you can store the Impala and the Safari for the winter and I'll take....I mean store the Classic and the van for the winter.

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 11-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #190

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally posted by ctdair
You will like the leather couch much better than the cloth, had cloth on Safari went leather when I upgraded and and love it. Cant wait till vacation time in the spring.
My Classic on order did have the cloth couch since we were afraid of what my dog might do with his "needle" claws (he bites them). We initially saw the leather couch on the 70th anniversary Airstream and fell in love with it. I did have some misgivings about not ordering it so when this Classic turned up having the couch, it wasn't hard to say yes.

We might just end up putting something down on the seat area in case he jumps up when we are gone.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 11-24-2003, 09:18 AM   #191

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Oh I'd make the room!

and I'll take....I mean store the Classic and the van for the winter.

Eric
Ah I see the slip.....would it be too hard to believe that there may be a few miles on her when I come back next spring?

Jack
AIR #56
Old 11-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #192
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I suppose that would largely depend on what your definition is of "a few miles".

Eric
Old 11-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #193
4 Rivet Member

First Weekend Out

I took my coach out for the first time this weekend and had an absolute blast. My unit was manufactured in 10/03 and I have to tell you, everything looks great.

The only issues I had were minimal and I am listing them below:

1) Latch for factory installed LCD television is not holding television in place.

2) Small tear in shade by button on blind over kitchen sink.

3) Edges in cabinetry could have been sanded a little better. I spoke with Airstream about this because I wanted to make sure that they did not forget to put laminate there and I was told that this was supposed to be exposed wood. The gentleman at Airstream apologized for it not being as smooth as it should be.

My only issue with the coach is that when I was lowering the front foot right above the kitchen, I did not like the way the lowering mechanism rests on a gas line. I could already see the new metal pieces rubbing and I am no engineer, but this does NOT look safe.

All comments are welcome!
Old 11-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #194

Fenton , Missouri
Re: First Weekend Out

Quote:
Originally posted by joshua32064
My only issue with the coach is that when I was lowering the front foot right above the kitchen, I did not like the way the lowering mechanism rests on a gas line. I could already see the new metal pieces rubbing and I am no engineer, but this does NOT look safe.

That was also in my radar scope with my 2001 Safari. That front curbside is uncomfortably near the line, which if you use your wrench at a slight angle will cause the wrench to rotate against the pipe. What I did was to buy some water pipe insulation. That black foam which has a slit in it to slip around the water pipe.
I cut a piece to size and that way the foam would protect against a direct rub from the wrench.

I also use that on all of the exposed gas line and also the flexible
line as it leaves the bottom of the gas bottle tray. Keeps the metal from wearing on that hose.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 11-24-2003, 03:43 PM   #195
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I thought Airstream ack this issue and started installing it differently so there was no physical contact....as a matter of fact, I think one of the posters to this thread showed the adjustment that Airstream made (or at least I thought Airstream made).

BTW, not sure where I was, but very happy to hear you finally got your new coach Josh! Even happier to hear that is is virutally problem free!

It's the home streach for me, I hope to hear something pretty soon!

Eric
Old 11-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #196
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thumbs up Yeaaaaaa!!!

Just got off the phone with Paul Sherry RV.....the coach IS in production! They told me that the coach will be ready by the end of next week!

They also said that orders placed recently (last 3-4 weeks) are pending a March delivery.

Eric