Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

CCD Modification

Question for CCD owneres (and maybe everyone); I just bought a 10 inch LCD Sharp tv which is PERFECT for the trailer. The tv shelf in my trailer (16ft) is poorly designed and not really compatible with this tv (viewing angle). Now, at the foot of the bed are two mesh pouches, one above the other, with snap on's at the corners. The lower one would be an ideal location to mount the tv, and run cords the short distance to the wall receptcle for power and antennae. This will mean removing the pouch and the (screws, bolts?) which hold the female end of each snap. I have not messed with any of this before.... are these likely to be metal scerws or bolts with nuts behind the panel? If screws, would they hold a 3lb tv? The mount I have in mind is easily removed to store the tv during travel. If I got real ambitious, I suppose I could route the 12 volt line and the coax from the existing outlets to behind the pouch, but this is outside my present comfort range... Any advice greatly appreciated.
frozen chosen is offline   Reply With Quote