Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2022, 02:06 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Do you still have your shower drain plug? I think if you fit it in tightly you shouldn't have a problem.
Lol. Awesome response. Enjoy flooding your rig via the kitchen sink….
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by civeng99 View Post
Lol. Awesome response. Enjoy flooding your rig via the kitchen sink….
That has nothing to do with the OP problem. He stopped filling already and just wanted to get to dump station without spilling. I can't understand why so many people in this thread didn't understand this.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 03:03 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazbro View Post
That has nothing to do with the OP problem. He stopped filling already and just wanted to get to dump station without spilling. I can't understand why so many people in this thread didn't understand this.
Thinking maybe if I drive a giant stopper into the sink I can force grey water onto the roof thru the vent?
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 04:37 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
I had an issue that when I would drive to a dump station with almost full or full tanks, there would be water dripping from the belly pan. It took a while, but I found two issues. First, I found that the toilet flange was cross threaded into the black tank fitting. I repaired that by removing the fitting an carefully threading it in correctly with some good sealant. Still had odor issues in the trailer at times, so I located where the sink/shower drain pipe goes into the grey tank (under the closet). The pipe was inserted into the fitting on the tank with no clamp or sealant. I sealed it, and no issues now.

I suspect that the OPs problem may be similar to my grey tank issue.
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 05:59 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
XHow do you know your gray tank is only 2/3 full? I would think you might have overfilled it, and the gauges were wrong.
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

redding , California
Installed new sending units. Problem was having AS jacked up and water was higher on one side than side with dump valves. Water was at the 2/3rds level on dump valve and overfilled on opposite side.
howell57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:46 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Shasta Lake , California
And now an unrelated story…sort of

About a decade ago I had a similar problem with a full grey tank and a very hilly drive to the dump station with my 13’ Casita and yes it did back flow into the shower fortunately it has a high step over so no problem.

But I completely forgot to close the valve to the shower drain and would have saved all the worry.

WBCCI #6269

My Build Thread https://www.airforums.com/forums/f11...ml#post1997059
Glenritas is offline   Reply With Quote