Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
Gene, we'll just have to see about the driveway. After some careful contemplation I think I can get it up with careful placement and I might just have to bump the drive out in a few places to make it work.

Snow NOT melting here at any great speed and actually have a foot + more than we did a couple of days ago. Spent part of the morning pushing back the drifts and piles that have been encroaching the driveway over the winter. Fortunately, most of the ice is gone now, so I can get my Bambi out for some quick service before it sells. If the weather gets nice, maybe one last camp in her before we have to let her go.

We are buying from Airstream of Arkansas and looking at heading down there in early to mid April. Of course, I'm a bit backwards in this deal still since I still don't have a tow vehicle. Figured no sense in a TV if no trailer was found. We are looking forward to the trip and the new trailer.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia
...Of course, I'm a bit backwards in this deal still since I still don't have a tow vehicle. Figured no sense in a TV if no trailer was found. We are looking forward to the trip and the new trailer.
Hi Chris:

Contratulations on your new 25' FB Airstream. She sounds like a beauty! Now, just upgrade to the Touamax and you'll be good to go.

Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Chris,

Good luck with the driveway. Last week we just got out of Evergreen as 11" was falling. Spring comes a month sooner on the western slope. Unfortunately you'll still have to have warranty work done in Colorado; probably a good idea to stay in Arkansas for a while checking everything over and over.

Gene
Old 03-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #32
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia
Well, now we've done it. We have a deposit down on a 2007 27'FB Signature Series without the front wrap arounds...
hot dog! the sig series is very stylish!

i think cosmotini got a similar (with wraps) unit from the same location...

now to get that dodge deal cooking!

have a fun trip!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene
Unfortunately you'll still have to have warranty work done in Colorado; probably a good idea to stay in Arkansas for a while checking everything over and over.
Not sure how much time on the ground I can spend in Arkansas, after all I have a three week old little girl AND a 20 month old girl that suck up all of my available time. However, Gene and I have already discussed an 'overnight' stay on-site to use and test all systems. After almost four years in our Bambi, I'm pretty aware as to what will need repair, and hopefully ASoA can flip the unit pretty quickly. I will use Windish for warranty, but reluctantly. Maybe I'll hit up Lewster if he's coming thru this way this summer.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Cool - be sure to post some pictures when you pick up your new baby (the A/S that is...).

We've got 2 smaller kids (6 and 8) and one lab mix dog, with another dog soon on the way. We've got a 25' SS Int CCD and love it.

But... I think I'd love a 28' that much more (or the 27'FB). Just that wee bit of extra room would be great, the separate shower and toilet, as well as no corner bed would be wonderful.

You've made a great decision - very nice trailer.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hot dog! the sig series is very stylish!

i think cosmotini got a similar (with wraps) unit from the same location...

now to get that dodge deal cooking!

have a fun trip!

cheers
2air'
Yeah it's a sexy unit and we are doing our happy dance! We were at the Denver RV show on Friday to look at the SOB's (such an appropriate acronym!!!) and the like. There are some CRAZY fifth wheel units on the market. They feel more like a stay at a Hilton than an RV. Anyway, our local AS dealer had their wares on display, including a 23FB (NICE unit!!!) and a 08 27FB Int'l Sig. Except for the front wrap windows, it was the EXACT mirror of what we were looking at, including the fabric. This is what made the wife really get excited.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfrodge
Cool - be sure to post some pictures when you pick up your new baby (the A/S that is...).

We've got 2 smaller kids (6 and 8) and one lab mix dog, with another dog soon on the way. We've got a 25' SS Int CCD and love it.

But... I think I'd love a 28' that much more (or the 27'FB). Just that wee bit of extra room would be great, the separate shower and toilet, as well as no corner bed would be wonderful.

You've made a great decision - very nice trailer.
I think that we would have been perfectly happy with a 25FB. Th e SS model is nice, but I just couldn't do that corner bed again, even if it was bigger. But honestly, the decision factor was the fantastic price I got on the '07 27FB versus a '08 FB model.

In any case, this will be the trailer we will be in for some time to come, and we are ecstatic about it!