Old 02-26-2004, 12:10 AM   #1
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
1983 Excella 500 - Furnace Circuit Board 4 Sale?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A MAIN "SUBURBAN" CIRCUIT BOARD FOR SALE?? I'd actually rather buy a brand new one ($143.00 + shipping)...but I've heard of those who have either totalled their A/S, or are parting them out for one reason or another...and I'd purchase one that was a Suburban that was in good working order if the price was low enough.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GOOD SPACE-HEATER TO PURCHASE? I DON'T MIND SPENDING A GOODLY AMOUNT ($70 to $100)...AS LONG AS IT'S ONE I CAN USE AGAIN AND AGAIN---TO SUPPLEMENT THE PROPANE. (I do want to buy a space heater that is ELECTRIC.)

Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

I know this does not directly answer your question, but...

When I was faced with that same issue a year ago, I did not even hesitate to purchase a new NT30 at $420. The thought of putting significant amounts of money in a furnace 17 years old, and more importantly, a heat exchanger 17 years old, did not appeal to me. And I am a confirmed cheapskate.

However, had I been thinking I would have gone over to the local RV salvage and got a used one for $250. They get units in all the time that are one or two years old. It is quite possible to find an unused used furnace.

Mark

Old 02-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
NEW vs. OLD

Thanx Mark.
I appreciate and normally would concur with what you said...and
I can get a new Suburban NT30 in the original box, for $436 "out the door"...
but I was just informed by an expert (not selling anything) that a Suburban from 1981 & newer is worth repairing. Were it one before that...he'd recommend replacing it completely. That's why I'm looking for a new 'mother board' (circuit board).

He (the expert) said that the rest of it is so durable, that replacing that problem is all it should need---except for a good cleaning.