Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Exclamation Trailer Wanted ! Help ! Help ! Help !

Hi All,

That got your attention ! We are still looking for a small single axle Airstream trailer. Will consider up to 22 ft in length. Fixer upper preferred. Were located in the state of Washington but will travel for the right purchase. Please, any advice or leads will be greatly appreciated. My wife & kids are anxious to add a trailer to their arsenal of family activities !

Best regards, Jesse & Kerry Spokane Wa.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Vintage trailer for sale

There's a 17 ft. 1965 AS for sale in our local paper. No where near Washington I'm afraid but If anyone is interested I'll be glad to help. It sounds good. I've tried to call but as of yet no answer.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
i don't understand ...

... there is no shortage of trailers available anywhere in the country, and several are advertised on this site, in fact. are you actively looking, checking the VAC classifieds & other web sites?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
Gary & Lurleen

Finding trailer

I have looked at numerous trailers of all sizes and shapes just by seeing them next to a house, behind a house or in a park. I normally just stop and knock on the door, have met some nice folks. i would tell them I was looking for one, some were willing to put a price on theirs ( my old saying, nothing I have is on sale but its all for sale) or knew of another that was for sale. i found our trailer this way after a couple years looking for the right one. The point is don't wait for one to be listed in the paper, talk to owners in your area, also don't underestimate the cost of fixing up a fixer upper and make an offer accordingly. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I might suggest that w/children, you might not want to get tooooo small. We have a 22' and the 4 of us are a squeeze (altho our kids are 17 & 13). Rallies in your area are also a good source of trailers for sale. I just got back from the one in C.Springs and there was a little Bambi for sale there.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 08-27-2004, 04:57 PM   #6

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78
I might suggest that w/children, you might not want to get tooooo small. We have a 22' and the 4 of us are a squeeze (altho our kids are 17 & 13). Rallies in your area are also a good source of trailers for sale. I just got back from the one in C.Springs and there was a little Bambi for sale there.
I have a 30' 1965 Sovereign for sale. I know thats a little bigger than you wanted but just thought I'd throw it out there. My email is amee_gieb@yahoo.com. Oh yeah, I'm in NM. My husband is army so we have to move and get rid of it quickly.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
In the recent weeks I have seen these ads:
1975 Argosy, (Airstream), 22', self-cont, AC, lots of storage tows easily, sleeps 3-4, restored in 2000. $3200/obo. 406 248-1869 or 406 860-8882
Billings, Montana

1977 Argosy Airstream, Minuet 19' single axle, $2700. http://www.myloss.us 509-671-2447 Newport (near Spokane, Wash)

ARGOSY '78 by Air Stream, Minuet. 21ft. deluxe model. Good cond. $3500. 208-788-6188. Leave msg. Twin Falls, Id.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #8

Thumbs up 1964 Airstream Bambi II

About a year ago I purchased a 1964 Airstream Bambi II, with the hopes of having the time and energy to restore it. Unfortunately, after going to Utah to pick it up and drive it home, I haven't had the time to do either. I now have my wife hounding me to sell my pet project and I have finally succumbed to her wishes.

I'm asking 2500 OBO.

Michael Ochoa
West Sacramento
Old 10-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #9

did you ever sell the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOchoa
About a year ago I purchased a 1964 Airstream Bambi II, with the hopes of having the time and energy to restore it. Unfortunately, after going to Utah to pick it up and drive it home, I haven't had the time to do either. I now have my wife hounding me to sell my pet project and I have finally succumbed to her wishes.

I'm asking 2500 OBO.

Michael Ochoa
West Sacramento
Old 10-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78
Both of these suggestions are excellent...'Forum' or any WBCCI rallies!
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Bellevue , Washington
And now?

So what has become of that fixer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOchoa

I'm asking 2500 OBO.

Michael Ochoa
West Sacramento