Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Question 2004 22' ccd Airstream for sale

Does anybody know where or how to sell an airstream trailer? This airstream is almost brand new. I have tried to sell it with no avail. I have had many lookers and a lot of inquiries about the trailer and I am asking a fair price for it and yet no takers. I am asking 20% off sticker, way less than what we paid for it! Anyway, maybe there is someone that can tell me how to sell this trailer?

I bought the trailer for a specific reason and I no longer need it. However the trailer is one of the best I have ever seen. I love airstreams and hope to have the time and money to invest more in airstream in the future. I would also like to enjoy the airstream for what they were intended for, “fun.”

I love the trailer and hate to have to sell it. The company I work for wanted it and we bought it for a job that was terminated unexpectedly. Now I have to sell it. I don’t regret buying the trailer because it is the best of any trailer out there! I am really sorry to see it go. Unfortunately, I really need to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Afton
TT, Often those reading this forum are interested in buying so your post should help get some exposure.
I've found the newspaper is best around here. Older used ones go quick if in good shape. Newer ones slower due to higher prices.
One this one, what are you asking? What exact model and layout is it? Location?
Bob R...
Old 06-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
More info and pictures

Post an ad here and I would also suggest CraigsList both here in the SF Bay Area (the original one and largest) and also in Portland and Seattle. Go to: WWW.craigslist.com

Ultimately, people buying Airstreams are very price savvy. You may be selling it for 20% off list, but that is about what many pay for their new Airstreams after discounts. There is a dealer in Spokane that you could check price with so you can see where you need to be on price. Also, put a full description and a pics to help generate enthusiasm. They are very cool looking and a pic or two in a scenic location would help, as well as a couple of the interior, perhaps with no flash and the interior lights on to create more of an enticing mood. I notice there are a couple others available right now so it may be a bit of a buyer's market at the moment, but many people want those, so you should have no problem once the price is right.

How much are you asking and what are the details?

john
Old 06-21-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

I am not sure,but I understand they can be purchased for 20% off msrp brand new if you shop around. You may have to drop your price a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker Tin
Does anybody know where or how to sell an airstream trailer? This airstream is almost brand new. I have tried to sell it with no avail. I have had many lookers and a lot of inquiries about the trailer and I am asking a fair price for it and yet no takers. I am asking 20% off sticker, way less than what we paid for it! Anyway, maybe there is someone that can tell me how to sell this trailer?

I bought the trailer for a specific reason and I no longer need it. However the trailer is one of the best I have ever seen. I love airstreams and hope to have the time and money to invest more in airstream in the future. I would also like to enjoy the airstream for what they were intended for, “fun.”

I love the trailer and hate to have to sell it. The company I work for wanted it and we bought it for a job that was terminated unexpectedly. Now I have to sell it. I don’t regret buying the trailer because it is the best of any trailer out there! I am really sorry to see it go. Unfortunately, I really need to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate the the ideas and will run with them. I thought I knew airstreams, equipment and prices etc, etc. As it turns out I have only scratched the surface of the airstream world. I bought the trailer out of nesessity, for a job and the company lost the job and now we have to sell it. Well I have to sell it! When i bought it I searched all over and tried to get one for the average 15 to 18% off sticker. As it turns out not one dealer played along. I think i picked it up for about 13% off sticker.

I would be willing to take $33,000 for it which is a great deal considering it is only 2 months old and hardly used. As for posting pics here I will have to figure that one out a little later. If anyone is interested it is the 22'CCD model I think they are all the same? It has all the options except the street side awning. Oh ya it has the blue interior and is located in storage in Northern California. If anybody has any leads let me know.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Does it have the entertainment package?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Does it have the entertainment package? That I am not sure? My apologies about not being savvy on these things. I do know that it has a sound system and CD player. It does not have the TV, which they told me was another $1600. The trailer may be wired for it though. I was hoping the company would ante up to put in a nice flat screen TV in the back of the trailer where the desk is located, but things change. Oh well.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:58 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Tim,

You said it had all the options, is all. The entertainment package is around $3,000 retail. Nope, you don't have it. Do you have the awning package (awnings all around)?
Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

X-Ray, I think you are right, I said that it had all the options and I was mistaken. The trailer only has the awning on the curbside. So I guess it does not have the total awning package. We purchased the trailer over the phone, sight unseen for the company that I work for and had little time to review all of the options. The salesman told us that the trailer had all the options, two fantastic fans, solar shields, rock guards, spare tire, radio/CD player with remote, etc. etc.

If there is another option that is out there that this trailer does not have I am unaware of it. Please let me know, just so I don’t miss lead people I am still learning Airstreams.

I suppose if it had the entertainment package then I would be asking $36000 instead of the current price of $33000.

I am just now putting her back up for sale in the papers and on the Internet. The trailer will be advertised for $34.500. If you see any of the adds and are interested please let me know you have seen the add on the forum page and it is your for 33. For what it is worth we own the trailer out right and will have access to the title when it sells. You will not have to wait for three weeks for some bank to send it to you.

I put her up for sale just two weeks after we purchased her. That made a lot of people sad. But what is worse is to have to keep trying to sell it. It is going on 2 months now. If I had the money I would keep it and travel in style. It really is a very nice trailer. I briefly looked at other Airstreams and found that they are all very well built and equally as nice. The CCD version though has what I consider the brightest and sharpest interiors of them all.

If anyone is interested in her please send me an email.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #10
Cosmic Sniper

Tanker Tin,

I've been pricing new Airstream TTs over the past week in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I've been quoted a brand new 2005 Airstream 22' CCD for right at $35,000 with the same options you mentioned. I think that you may need to adjust your asking price accordingly.

Hope this helps,

jay
Old 06-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

You know what they say-vehicles depreciate 20% as soon as you them drive off the lot-I'm sure that goes for TT's to some extent-even Airstreams. They also say the 2 happiest days in owning a boat or camper is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 PM   #12

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I don't think so. I'm much happier today than I was the day I bought it and had to learn to tow it. It's more of a bell curve if you ask me

Good luck selling the CCD, Tanker Tin. I saw the ad a few weeks ago and would love to have it if I had the money. It's still early in the season here in the NW, maybe you'll find someone interested now that the weather is getting really nice.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:47 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Berkeley , California
Please note, that even though I am actively searching for my first Airstream, and am an avid sailor, I hold the following to be self-evident:

-you never sell a boat or a trailer, you simply accumulate more (unless destroyed or sunk),
-your storage space keeps pace with your collection, and
-your partner has a REALLY good sense of humor.

If you thoroughly research all your purchases, the additional ones only add more options.

(Own 6 boats, and MAYBE 1 Airstream (to start with, in the near future))
Old 06-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

You are wasting your time listing it for 34,500. Just because you paid too much doesn't mean someone has to pay you almost as much. Deal with the facts.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
The guy's in a tough situation & has a nice trailer to offer someone. Don't take it personally, TBK-PO'd ...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:45 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Good luck from me too. Just because you are asking a certain amount doesn't mean you will not entertain other offers. It is a wonderful unit.

Ally
Old 06-29-2004, 11:33 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
TT,
You might take it to the Sisters A/S rally the weekend of the 10th of July, I believe it's only about 20 miles from you in Redmond. There will be other A/S'ers there from the Western Oregon and Oregon Units of the WBCCI, and may help to get the word out. We will be attending the rally (we have a 22' CCD). We paid 34K for ours in April '04, including the Equalizer hitch and sway bars. You also might contact George Sutton RV in Eugene to see if they would be willing to buy, as the 22' CCD's are rather hard to come by. Let me know if you would want to come to the rally (they always welcome A/Ser's, even if you are not a member of WBCCI), I'll email you the location and contact person.
Best of luck,
Jim Jordan

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 06-30-2004, 11:21 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

Thanks for the input.

I like the idea of owing more than one! One of each would be nice.

I have no need to sell right away as some may think. We purchased the trailer for work and the company. It is a shame to let it sit and not get used for what it was meant for. I unfortunately cannot randomly sell it for 25K. I would love to. It would be one less thing I would have to deal with, but certain people would have my hide. I do have the power to be somewhat flexible in price with in reason. That is why I listed it for 33k. This trailer is brand new in appearance and only two months old. It was only used for a few weeks and out of that time slept in for about half of that period. Do you think if I were buying a trailer like this one from a dealer they would sell it to me for less than 33k? Honestly?

A trailer in Texas for 35k brand new is a great deal. 34k for a new CCD is a great deal anywhere! If you live on either coast and want a brand new trailer and are willing to drive to Texas to get it that is fine, it could be a fun trip. The bottom line is you will end up spending almost as much as if you purchased one from a dealer closer to your hometown. The point I am getting too is it is a matter of logistics and cost. How much time do you have and really how much money do you want to spend?

I am putting up an almost new trailer for sale for 34.5k and am willing to take less. It is located on the west coast where these things seem to go for a premium. I didn’t purchase it here because we could not find one here. Two months ago there where only two CCD 22’ trailers with the interior that we wanted on the west coast, both looked used and the dealers refused to deal. We purchased it over the phone and made a reasonable transaction. Taking a loss on the trailer is acceptable but not to the point of ridiculousness’. The trailer is only worth what someone is willing to spend on it. It is what it is.

I am just putting her up for sale and am willing to take offers, reasonable offers. So if you are looking for this trailer and live on the west coast, you could drive to the mid west to save a few thousand on a brand new trailer, or you could save a few thousand more on a slightly used trailer closer to your home town.

Regards,

Old 07-01-2004, 06:54 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Well put Tanker Tin. I remember reading "wanted 22' CCD" threads on the forum a few months ago. As long as you've got the time, it will sell. It helps that the 2005 model hasn't really changed-just the increased price. How about St. Joseph? You could put a little St. Joseph statue in the trailer. He is the patron saint of carpenters but has long been the "patron saint of realtors". You never know!

Best of luck,
Ally
Old 07-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #20

22ccd

hello, I would be interested in purchasing your airstream
feel free to email me…
chris@carterdesigninc.com