Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 24 foot Argosy For Sale!

I have a fully functional 1976 24 foot Argosy that I need to sell. I finished fixing it up back a while ago and got the "itch" to restore another one this spring. Now I find myself in hot water with my local zoning department!
This trailer just got back yesterday from a 3,000 mile whirlwind tour from Detroit, MI to Shreveport, LA. We then went from Shreveport to Kentuck Lake, KY.
In the two weeks we were gone NOTHING failed to work or quit working while we were out!
The trailer has a professionally applied epoxy-resin paint job that closely matches, (if not exactly matches), the Argosy beige of the year. The bottom dark brown was a little harder to match so it was professionally painted black. It looks like new when we take it out. I have actually had people stop me and ask me "When did they start making these trailers again?". I get a big kick when I see thier reaction when I tell them it is a 1976! Then they have to look inside. That is the best part! The inside is immaculate! It could use some newer capret though, (I replaced it back in 1998).
The trailer has the following, all in working order:
New tires
New deep cycle battery
Carefree awning
Newer A/C unit
Fridge
Magic Chef stove/oven
Front gaucho
Middle gaucho
Fully functional bathroom INCLUDING the shower
Newer hot water heater, (replaced in 1998)
Updated upholstery in 1997

If you would like to see her in person or would like some photos email me at: patterson48314@yahoo.com or call me at: 586-604-6689 or 586-524-8863.

I am asking $6,200 for her. I will also entertain offers, but please remember that this trailer needs very little and she is fully operational and ready to camp right now.

Lou
Old 06-03-2004, 09:37 PM   #2

1976 24 ft Argosy

Do you have any pics of your Argosy. I am interested in a unit about that size that my wife and I could travel in. She is disabled and we need a unit that would be road ready. Appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks

Chuck Steets
Old 06-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Pictures of the Argosy

Yes I do have pictures.
I would be more than happy to send you a zip file with plenty of pictures of it if you could give me your email address.
My email address is: patterson48314@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Lou