Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #1

1973 Argosy 28
Orlando , Florida
Where do I go to sell my Argosy

Would like to take a trip - just may decide to keep the trailer! My super nice trailer is just not getting any action listed here. Am thinking of towing it to a rally or something. I am complete novice to trailers. In Orlando FL.
floridadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Expand your horizons... get out and travel with your Argy! If you want to sell it, put a for sale sign in the window as you travel. Otherwise it is similar to selling any used vehicle... your local paper, signs at the markets, ads at online freebie places. I would certainly suggest Craigslist.org for your area. You do have to repost frequently to keep your ad at the top... but, hey, it is free! You might even get brave and go the eBay route.

Lots on the market right now... it is the time of year to sell, but many folks are being pretty choosy because of fuel prices. You might advertise your trailer's weight if it is an advantage over others, or explain how many miles per gallon you get towing it with your tow vehicle, etc.

I would say, keep it and go camping!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
My new blog: Yreka History
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I took a look at your ad and the major problem you are going to have selling the trailer is the lack of a title for it. Most people will not buy a title less trailer even if the price is right.

The fact that you have no history of the trailer does not help either. Maybe you should get the title and take a trip or two with the trailer. You might just get hooked.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 AM   #4
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I do not know your region at all, but maybe if you went to a WBCCI rally, you might discover how fun it is to go camping with a large group of other airstreams. If you feel like making a road trip to central Virginia, June 19- 21 is the east coast vintage rally in Staunton. You come to that rally and you will not only want to keep your trailer, but you will probably want another. I can guarantee you will be welcomed in with open arms even if you are not in the WBCCI and by the end of the weekend you will feel as though you found your long lost family.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Dave, I've casually bought and sold Airstreams and fiberglass trailers for several years... about a dozen of them in the past five. I'll add my $.02 for you. You have a number of things going against you. First, as was mentioned, is lack of a title. That is a HUGE issue in some states (the most populous ones, I might add), not such a big deal in others who will issue a "bonded title" for a small fee; basically a title with insurance against title claims. Your buyer will undoubtedly have to come from a state that will issue bonded titles.

Trailers 25' and under usually sell like hotcakes and for a tidy sum. Longer trailers take longer to sell, and don't bring the same kind of money because they're just not in the same demand. Twin beds have kind of fallen from favor with the buying public, although there is still a small market for them. If you look on dealers' lots, you'll be hard-pressed to find a twin bed trailer any more new. I'd suggest that perhaps the robin's egg blue paint job may not be a favorite either. Last, the economy is uncertain. It may take a while to find a buyer. Don't dispair, it'll sell... it just may not sell quickly.

Your trailer is in great shape. Go get a title for it, and enjoy using it while you're waiting for it to sell!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
As for the title issue, there are companies that specialize in acquiring titles for older vehicles. Our Overlander had no title when we got it, and we went through one of those companies to get one. We live in Florida, and a title is required here, in case someone from another state asks.
If you shoot a PM my way, I can put you in contact with the company we used.
Other than that, probably the blue paint job is the biggest hindrance to your sale, and it's not something that's cheap or easy to fix.