Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
I like the ads. If they are taken away, I want my money back! And I want my posts back, especially the useless and stupid ones. Seriously, these forums are one of the few things you can get for nothing, unless deep inside you feel like you should help out and donate. A better notification system will ensure that I will renew if possible. Jim

Old 04-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #86
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
I thought my suggestion here a while ago might FLY, but there was no support for it. The organization is to big to worry about us little guys!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...ml#post1330074

Post #1209

Dave

Dave,

The problem with your suggestive is that is was constructive. The rest of us are just trying to raise heck.

Ken

Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #87
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
Going Places , Georgia
I want to go on record indicating I don't like the new advertisements. In particular, I'm referring to the ad that is placed between the 1st and 2nd post on all the pages of every thread. Please remove these ads and place them elsewhere on the web site.

I realize this web site needs ads to pay its expenses. However, I recently "joined" AIR Forums (i.e. paid some money to support the site) and was expecting fewer ads not more.

Ads are not bad. I'm not suggesting to get rid of ads. I simply don't want an ad in between posts of a thread. There has to be another way to allow advertisers to have the space they want/need.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #88
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I want to go on record indicating I don't like the new advertisements. In particular, I'm referring to the ad that is placed between the 1st and 2nd post on all the pages of every thread. Please remove these ads and place them elsewhere on the web site.

I realize this web site needs ads to pay its expenses. However, I recently "joined" AIR Forums (i.e. paid some money to support the site) and was expecting fewer ads not more.

Ads are not bad. I'm not suggesting to get rid of ads. I simply don't want an ad in between posts of a thread. There has to be another way to allow advertisers to have the space they want/need.

Try this:
Go to your USER CP page.
Select Edit Options
The last option should be
Turn on or off Vendor Advertisements
Select off and see if that helps.
I also suggest ADBlock Plus

https://adblockplus.org/

Ken
Old 04-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #89
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
Going Places , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Try this:
Go to your USER CP page.
Select Edit Options
The last option should be
Turn on or off Vendor Advertisements
Select off and see if that helps.
I also suggest ADBlock Plus

https://adblockplus.org/

Ken

Thanks. I did that and it eliminated the ad between the 1st and 2nd post. I can live with the other ads.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
I owned an advertising and marketing company in an area not unlike the RV industry. Before the internet, people bought magazines and paid for single copy issues as well as multi year subscriptions. Countless surveys showed that ad content was the third or fourth most popular subject by readers. Ads paid the bills and enabled publishers to offer more editorial content.

That content was usually provided by paid professionals that, for the most part, knew the subject that they were writing about. Good quality photos usually accompanied the stories.

Today, advertisers on the 'net are paying to support opinions. When I placed an ad, I had some pretty good facts to justify the costs. Based on some of the posts here, I'd have a tough time justifying buying ads on Airforums today.

On the other hand, I pay $50 a year on a hot rod forum that provides not only ad free visuals, but vendor discounts and moderators with a sense of humor.

Finally, the advertisers here need some help in my professional opinion. That's why it's easy for me to ignore them