Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
No ads on mobile app...
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
How much does it cost to be a supporting member and what are the benefits? Can you make all the adds go away?

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #63
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Perry,

It costs $20/year. You get more photos, PM's stored and I'm not sure what else. You can make the ads in the posts go away, but I've still got them on the right.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
How much does it cost to be a supporting member and what are the benefits? Can you make all the adds go away?

Perry
It gives you a warm fuzzy feeling of belonging....

Plus after you have signed up for the second time, we'll teach you the secret handshake.

I can't even find the link to sign up, let alone what you get. Maybe someone who knows the link will post it.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
http://www.airforums.com/forums/payments.php
Old 03-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Oh - it automatically renews? That's great! I thought I signed up in March last year and wanted to renew but the link says it auto-renews. Do I get new stickers too?!?! :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Oh - it automatically renews? That's great! I thought I signed up in March last year and wanted to renew but the link says it auto-renews. Do I get new stickers too?!?! :-)
I get new stickers each year. However I don't allow mine to auto renew. I prefer to have more control over such things.

Ken
Old 04-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
ads

I hated the ads in the threads/ new post section, sorry. Thank you so much for allowing supporting members to get rid of them. It was easy to do. john
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #69
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Supporting member? If you have read read any of my 4000+ posts, I think you will agree that my support for the folks on this site far exceeds the benefits of a $20 contribution.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #70
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Still, the money is worth the free advertising you get. You are an asset to all AS owners but the money is a drop in the bucket. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Weak connection is awful

If you are out there and have a weak internet signal, this site is impossible. Do you have any idea .......how........many..............ads..........y ou........have.....to........see.............loade d..............before............................. ...you.........................can................ .........................see...................... .................the ....................................thread you were looking for? By then your battery had died and your internet time is used up and you haven't gotten on yet. Try it with no reception. It S.......CKKS!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
If you are out there and have a weak internet signal, this site is impossible. Do you have any idea .......how........many..............ads..........y ou........have.....to........see.............loade d..............before............................. ...you.........................can................ .........................see...................... .................the ....................................thread you were looking for? By then your battery had died and your internet time is used up and you haven't gotten on yet. Try it with no reception. It S.......CKKS!

Pay your 20 bucks, I'm sure it will get a lot better right away.

Ken
Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
my support for the folks on this site far exceeds the benefits of a $20 contribution.

Lewster I happen to agree with you , you have been a much needed help to me for quite a while. As far as the guy from Silver Trailer supply parts is concerned, as long as keeps adding his advertising in the middle of these posts , I WILL NOT BE SUPPORTING HIM AND HIS BUSINESS! Pissing people off is a great way to lose business, and support from the very community that feeds you. Poor business is poor business, ranked right below the politicians that call me all hours of the night. .( rant over)
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #74
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
I think we better give up hoping the adds will go away. Lets talk about how we can get rid of them, like installing adblocker+ .
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Pay your 20 bucks, I'm sure it will get a lot better right away.

Ken
Good chance I've paid my $20 more times than you have.
The point is, if you have a poor signal, this site is almost impossible to load for all the ads that have to load before the content. And are several other sites worse than this one for loading.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Good chance I've paid my $20 more times than you have.
The point is, if you have a poor signal, this site is almost impossible to load for all the ads that have to load before the content. And are several other sites worse than this one for loading.

My point is: that was supposed to be humorous.

Ken
Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 AM   #77
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Supporting member? If you have read read any of my 4000+ posts, I think you will agree that my support for the folks on this site far exceeds the benefits of a $20 contribution.
I am going to dispute that statement just a little, sorry Lewster. Generally we see things very eye to eye.

The posts you make are worth far more than $20 to the people who read this forum. But your posts do not keep the lights on. Your posts do, deeply benefit those reading this forum, but not the person who owns it and tries hard to keep improving it. For that a $20 contribution does.
I would also look at the other side of that coins and suggest that the 4000+ posts you have made here, have far exceeded the $20 contribution in work that has come your way.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
i am going to dispute that statement just a little, sorry lewster. Generally we see things very eye to eye.

The posts you make are worth far more than $20 to the people who read this forum. But your posts do not keep the lights on. Your posts do, deeply benefit those reading this forum, but not the person who owns it and tries hard to keep improving it. For that a $20 contribution does.
I would also look at the other side of that coins and suggest that the 4000+ posts you have made here, have far exceeded the $20 contribution in work that has come your way.
plus 1
Old 04-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #79
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Yes, it auto-renews if you pay another 20 bucks. I get a message in September which gives me a few days to renew. If I haven't looked at the Forum for several days (no wifi, no cell reception, no anything, too busy, can cause that) I am no longer a supporting member. The extra photos and PM's stored can't be accessed, though they come back when I fork over the money.

So when I don't get the message in time, I think, "do I really need all those extras which aren't all that much?" Now I think getting rid of the ads are another reason to renew, but if I don't, the ads might chase me away.

I think anyone with more than 9,000 posts should get supporting member for free, or, better yet, be sent $20 by the Forum.

So far as Lew goes, I have to agree with him. His informative posts are the kind of thing that makes the Forum work and that attracts and keeps people here. That in turn means more supporting members. I'm sure he's made more than $20 (some of it from me), but contributions aren't only in dollars, and more members means more clicks and that keeps the lights on. Sorry Frank, but glad to see your posts. It has been a while.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #80
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Perhaps some of you have mid-interpreted my post. It was meant to show members that there is value on the Forum well worth the supporting member fee.

And while I have indeed benefitted by some members throwing business my way, I ever self-promote my services and never solicit business either. That is NOT the reason I am here.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote