Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Vendor list

Moderators
How about creating a list of supporting venders with their contact info ?
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Okay, I'll take a shot at this. People in the Airstream and RV support business are allowed to be members here. As with each of us, they may join without cost. Like you and me they may post with general non-commercial information and are not labeled as a 'Commercial Vendor' until they promote a business position. The labeling as a vendor occurs so that the reader can factor that into their judgement of particular information on this multi-source, multi-quality input Forum. At present vendors do not support the Forums any different than you or I. Unrelated to vendor status, enhanced accounts are voluntary for those that would make modest contributions to support the Forums. There is no effort at compiling a list per your inquiry and I'm not sure how the software could organize that info.

Moderators are your primary interface with Forums operation. We keep the tone civil and try to organize this for the best consumption of Airstream devotees. We are volunteers and don't have any business tie to the owner of Airstream Forums, Andy R. The business side of the Forums arranges advertising and you can judge those sources as you will.

Suggestions are always welcome -- at which point we'll see where this thread goes.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Canoe Stream , thank you for the explination. I did not realize that there was no venders fee . On others forums that I belong to venders do pay a fee and can advertize their business and contact info in a seperate sub-forum. They cannot advertize in a dicussion forum. It still may be something to consider for the future. Bob
Old 10-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Also, the forum chooses not to promote or endorse any vendors as to whether they are "approved" or not...just open up a place for healthy, civil discussion and exchanges to take place amongst members. The moderators only role is to try to clean-up the debris left when when the conflicts break out or the lines are crossed.

If an official "Forum List of Vendors" were established, it may open up the forum to "refereeing" disputes between vendors on the list and members. As a moderator, I for one, don't want to go there!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
I agree with both moderators. Some vendors (not me) attract people to the site which increases exposure to the ads you see, therefore supporting the site in an indirect way. Its a good thing and everybody wins UNTIL somebody abuses it. In all honesty, my business is RV in general and not necessarily Airstream related but I hang out here because I like Airstreams, the people are friendly, and have been able to help occasionally. I also recommend other vendors... Steve over at Vintage Trailers, Lewter probably the most knowledgeable RV tech in the country, etc.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Also, the forum chooses not to promote or endorse any vendors as to whether they are "approved" or not...just open up a place for healthy, civil discussion and exchanges to take place amongst members. The moderators only role is to try to clean-up the debris left when when the conflicts break out or the lines are crossed.

If an official "Forum List of Vendors" were established, it may open up the forum to "refereeing" disputes between vendors on the list and members. As a moderator, I for one, don't want to go there!

Shari
However, since there is the "Commercial Vendor" tag on members, it would be nice to be able to see a list. I understand the Forums reluctance to in anyway endorse someone.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
venders

Hello to all moderators. could you not list the vendors and their locations, with out any ads allowed ,like list them in a contactzone? Put them in the coloum where the classified ads are.. rember NO SALES just names and address or phone numbers..It would be helpful to know where they are located. We only see inland &overlander& lewter.. Just my $.05 worth. you people do a wonderful job..
Thanks Bob
bobchevy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We do have a vendors forum and a little more latitude for commercial info is allowed there... but only a little.

There is a fine line between offering info and products of interest to streamers and outright selling. Our commercial members are often put in a tight spot because they are asked questions about their prices, availability etc and are not really at liberty to sell here. We tell them they can answer these direct questions but not post general solicitations in the info forums.

In the next few months we will be adding some new features and I think that some of these ideas have great possibility.

The ads you see at the top of the page are Google ads - not our commercial users ads.

Another little known fact - our classifieds section is also free - no fees, no percent of the top and - no forum endorsement of the items for sale.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I would like a page of suggested vendors, where members list name and contact info ONLY on the vendors they recommend. No comments s o we avoid flaming wars.
It could be helpful to centrally locate these names, even if the vendor has nothing to do with us. Like the camper place near Huntsville Al that many have used for parts. He has no internet presence only phone orders.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchevy89
Hello to all moderators. could you not list the vendors and their locations, with out any ads allowed ,like list them in a contactzone? Put them in the coloum where the classified ads are.. rember NO SALES just names and address or phone numbers..It would be helpful to know where they are located. We only see inland &overlander& lewter.. Just my $.05 worth. you people do a wonderful job..
Thanks Bob
This is pretty much what I had in mind when I made the suggestion . The Vendors forum seems like a logical place for this , no endorcement , no sales , just information . It all exists here already but it's hard to find because it is spread out over hundreds of threads . I would not like to create more work for the moderators , I think you do a great job and thank you for your time. Bob
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We may be able to list those members that have a commercial/vendor tag on their user id, although it would be incomplete. There are several members here that are in the RV biz, and for various reasons choose not to pursue that business here, usually so they can just have a place to "hang out" and offer advice and help without the onus of being a business.
Is a list of commercial/vendor members what you are looking for?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
We may be able to list those members that have a commercial/vendor tag on their user id, although it would be incomplete. There are several members here that are in the RV biz, and for various reasons choose not to pursue that business here, usually so they can just have a place to "hang out" and offer advice and help without the onus of being a business.
Terry,

That would work for me.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #13
_

. , .
it is interesting that the commerical vendor tag shows up in the message but if one clicks on the member profile it isn't there too.

perhaps instead of 'rivet master/rivet count' it could just read 'vendor'

one neutral way to provide this info would be by adding a column to the member list
that includes...regular member, enhanced member or commerical vendor as cell options...

then those curious could go to the member list and 'sort' that column just like the other columns that can be sorted

the idea of a member generated vendor list is great but limiting the entry to just contact info and no comments would have the list much less useful or entertaining....

really adding more vendor info doesn't excite me much one way or the other...

but this new feature REALLY does...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ts-26826.html?

and i don't like it one bit.

but i'll post over there...next.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Yes , that is just what I had in mind . If members that are in the RV business choose to just "hang out" that's fine , this is not ment to profile anyone . It's ment to make it easier to connect folks that want a service to the ones that provide it, that's it , no agenda . Thanks for considering it. Bob