Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
UPDATE - Trailer Description Drop Down Menu

Hello Admins -

Please update the Trailer Descriptions Lists. We've been busy over in the Slide-Out Society - S/OS thread. We're trying to find all those rare Aluminum Slide-Out Trailers AirStream produced. We've accounted for 75 Slide-Out Trailers that are alive and well so far, but we continue to slide around looking for more...

Comparing the Forums Trailer Descriptions to actual production documented in the AirStream Online Service Library (Manuals, Floorplans, Parts, etc..) there are five that should be deleted, and one addition.

Additionally the naming convention could be cleaned up across the balance of the options, but it would be awesome to just have only the correct listings available for selection.

Thanks for considering the update.

Tom - S/OS #25 2008 30' Classic S/O
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SO-TrailerDescListUpdate.pdf (7.7 KB, 35 views)
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Thanks for the list. Do you mean changing the profile options for members or something else?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #3
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Thanks for the list. Do you mean changing the profile options for members or something else?
Sorry for the slow reply. We were off the grid for the past week camping in the White Mountains of NH. Great time! Now back to work...uggg

Yes I'm suggesting an update to the profile options for members. Based upon my research using the AirStream Libraries (Manuals, Floorplans, etc...) some of the options listed in the pull downs are invalid. I'm only referring to Slide Out models.

Tom
- Live Free or Die -
Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
The problem with deletions is that we have a few members who swear they have these models... not sure how to reconcile this really or account for custom builds.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hi Janet,

Thanks for taking the time to look at the issue. I just wanted to share my findings to help clarify the descriptions for the Forum. I only became interested and involved because of our activity with the Slide-Out Society S/OS. I was trying to drill down into the available info from the Forum to secure more members for S/OS. That's when I found the "Description List" may not be completely accurate.

I'm by no means an expert with Slide-Outs or AirStream models. I just researched publicly available info from AS Libraries and Parts manuals along with NADA, RV Values and vehicle websites. That data comparison led me to conclude that some S/O Trailers listed don't exist and one that wasn't listed did.

I'm not familiar with the Forum's database functions, but some other DB software I've used allows an option of marking an item inactive. Essentially the value is grandfathered and allowed to display when called, but no longer allows it to be selected like an active value.

I learned long ago you can't make everyone happy, so you compromise and try to be reasonable and accommodate the majority. You guys are running the software engines behind the scenes. Do what is right for the Forum. It's not really a big deal.

All the best!

Tom
- Live Free or Die -