Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
Unable to post

I am a new member and tried to post a new thread under Member Introductions. When I hit Submit New Thread, I am logged out and get a message that says I am not logged in or do not have permission to do this. Probably something on my end. Any ideas. Thanks, StuartsDad
StuartsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Welcome to the forums, Stuartsdad. For some reason I can see your post.

Mike
WBCCI #3960
2019 F150 ecoboost
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
Thanks Mike. When my two attempts to post to Member Introductions failed, I posted this Unable to Post thread, fully expecting it to fail, also, but it went through, following the same steps. Maybe I exceeded a word limit or something. I'll try it again tomorrow.

David
Old 08-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I don't know if we had this problem today, but I did notice one in the evening yesterday I got a "cloudflare" cached version of the site and it showed that I wasn't logged in, but a bit later it worked normally.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Welcome to the forum, David!

Not sure what your standard computer practices are, but you might want to "clean up" things on your end first, by deleting cookies, cleaning the Internet cache, and rebooting your computer/device, before posting again. This can speed things up and remove unwanted hindrances IMO. We do this many times per day, as cookies etc. running in the background can really slow things down.

What browser are you using? Firefox offers the best privacy settings IMO.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
Tried a short Member Intro new thread again today. Third time is not the charm. Before I hit submit, I hit preview first, and still got the following message in a VBulletin as soon as I clicked preview:
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
User Name:

Password:

Forgotten Your Password?
Remember Me?

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #7
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Typically you see this message when you have been logged out - usually because you do not allow cookie exchange with the site. We use cookies to keep you logged in at page changes. Tick the "remember me" box when you login and please allow cookie exchange with the site.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartsDad View Post
Tried a short Member Intro new thread again today.
. . .

Did you follow the suggestions in Post #5, and also Janet's in Post #7?

There is a question or two there that may help folks assist you, like what is your browser, and what are your privacy settings re: cookies, pop-up windows and so forth.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
Problem solved! Thanks to all for the help. Cookies were not blocked, but cleaned up my history and checked "remember me" when logging in. Sorry to be such a pain on my first try. David
Old 08-22-2018, 04:57 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Glad it worked out! Thanks for the update.

Peter
Old 12-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
I have a different problem and I thought this might be a good place to ask. I'd like to start a new thread. In the FAQ it says I should click the "new thread" button. I don't see one anywhere! I've followed the instructions EXACTLY as laid out here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/faq....q_new_faq_item

I've made sure that I'm logged in. I can reply to posts (this reply is proof), but I can't start a new thread without that "new thread" button. Can someone give me some guidance? Thanks in advance!
countedx58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by countedx58 View Post
I have a different problem and I thought this might be a good place to ask. I'd like to start a new thread. In the FAQ it says I should click the "new thread" button. I don't see one anywhere! I've followed the instructions EXACTLY as laid out here:

I've made sure that I'm logged in. I can reply to posts (this reply is proof), but I can't start a new thread without that "new thread" button. Can someone give me some guidance? Thanks in advance!
What Forum/subforum were you in trying to start a new thread?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #13

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:

Are you using a web browser on a proper computer, a web browser on a tablet or smartphone, or one of the apps on iOS or Android?

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
What Forum/subforum were you in trying to start a new thread?
The forum I'm ultimately aiming for is the Classifieds forum. But I checked in a couple of other forums, and I don't get the "new thread" button in ANY forum.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #15

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
The forum I'm ultimately aiming for is the Classifieds forum. But I checked in a couple of other forums, and I don't get the "new thread" button in ANY forum.
Checking just now, I'm seeing the button whether I'm logged in or not, in Chrome, mobile Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc. Tell me what platform(s) and browser(s) you've used where you're seeing this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newthread.png
Views:	141
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	329593  

Old 12-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #16
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Classifieds is a little different than other sections of the board. To place an ad you'll need to go here: http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/ and post your ad. A thread will be automatically started once you do that.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Are you using a web browser on a proper computer, a web browser on a tablet or smartphone, or one of the apps on iOS or Android?
A web browser on a desktop computer. I've actually tried a couple of different browsers on two different computers - Chrome and Explore on both a PC and a Mac. I get the same result regardless. There's no "new thread" button.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
After thinking about it today, I thought maybe I should just post my simple question HERE and maybe someone can answer it. (Yes, I know it's the wrong forum.)

The classifieds say that paying the extra $100 for a "featured" ad gets you this: "Your listing will appear featured throughout the classifieds as well as syndicated on our partners sites."

Here's my question: Exactly WHAT are those "partners sites"? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is there a list? I just want to know what kind of exposure I’m getting before I fork out my $100.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Janet, a moderator, replied to your other thread about the classified ads.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Checking just now, I'm seeing the button whether I'm logged in or not, in Chrome, mobile Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc. Tell me what platform(s) and browser(s) you've used where you're seeing this problem.
I've attached a screenshot from my iMac (which I only bought a few months ago). This is from Chrome. You can see that I'm logged in and that there's no "new thread" button. This is my home computer. I'm using Mac OS Mojave v.10.14.1.

I have the same issue on my work computer in both Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. That's a PC. I'm not sure which OS we use there (our IT department is in charge of all that), but it's constantly being updated to keep us running fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 6.52.44 PM.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	329624