Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 08:40 PM   #21
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
You can not start a thread in the Classified Forum. Those threads are automatically created when a classified ad is entered.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #22

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Try from the top of another forum and tell me what it looks like.

Try this one for example:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
You can not start a thread in the Classified Forum. Those threads are automatically created when a classified ad is entered.
Thank you for this reply. However is a person supposed to know that?! Sheesh! I appreciate your response.
countedx58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Try from the top of another forum and tell me what it looks like.

Try this one for example:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/
And of course the button magically appeared at the top of that forum when I clicked on your link. I don't know what to make of this. <shrug> The previous poster just above you in this thread explained that I can't start a thread in the Classifieds forum anyway! (Why, I can't figure out.)

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Janet, a moderator, replied to your other thread about the classified ads.
I'll go look for it now. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Janet, a moderator, replied to your other thread about the classified ads.
Okay, I looked for it and I can't find it. Any chance you can post a link to it? So sorry to be such a bother! Thanks!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:37 PM   #27

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by countedx58 View Post
Okay, I looked for it and I can't find it. Any chance you can post a link to it? So sorry to be such a bother! Thanks!
It may be that you're expecting that button in more places than it shows. It's only displayed at the top of forums where you can create a new thread... so if you're already reading a thread, the only thing you'll see is the "Reply" button there.

At any rate, to sell something in the classifieds (or put in a "wanted" ad) you go to the site below and use the same username and password you use here for AIRForums. An entry for your ad will automatically be created in the Classifieds forum and show up on the Portal page while it's new enough.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12-14-2018, 11:21 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
It may be that you're expecting that button in more places than it shows. It's only displayed at the top of forums where you can create a new thread... so if you're already reading a thread, the only thing you'll see is the "Reply" button there.

At any rate, to sell something in the classifieds (or put in a "wanted" ad) you go to the site below and use the same username and password you use here for AIRForums. An entry for your ad will automatically be created in the Classifieds forum and show up on the Portal page while it's new enough.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/
I don't seem to have an issue with posting an ad in the classifieds. What I wanted to do was post a QUESTION in the classifieds forum, which apparently I cannot start a thread to do. All I really want here in the forums is an answer to the question below!

The classifieds say that paying the extra $100 for a "featured" ad gets you this: "Your listing will appear featured throughout the classifieds as well as syndicated on our partners sites."

Here's my question: Exactly WHAT are those "partners sites"? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is there a list? I just want to know what kind of exposure I’m getting before I fork out my $100.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FWIW Janet replied in the following two-year-old thread [started by someone else], with some details about when you pay the $100 fee:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...es-143447.html

See Post #5 from Janet, and my recent post.

countedx58 -- I am guessing that there is no list of the partner sites. BTW if you want to get the attention of someone who posted two years ago, you should "Quote" them, so that this site will [usually] send them an email about your post. [See Quote button below on the right.]

Good luck,

Peter

FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #30

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Partner Sites

AIRForums is owned by a company called Social Knowledge LLC.

Among others, they have 32 RV-oriented sites, listed here:

http://www.socialknowledge.com/rv-traveltrailer/

Old 12-16-2018, 12:36 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Bay Area , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
FWIW Janet replied in the following two-year-old thread [started by someone else], with some details about when you pay the $100 fee:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...es-143447.html

See Post #5 from Janet, and my recent post.

countedx58 -- I am guessing that there is no list of the partner sites. BTW if you want to get the attention of someone who posted two years ago, you should "Quote" them, so that this site will [usually] send them an email about your post. [See Quote button below on the right.]

Good luck,

Peter

FWIW
Thanks for that tip! I didn't realize that using the quote feature was necessary to alert someone that I needed an answer.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

It often helps . . . although I can't find where that option is toggled on or off right now.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #33

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
It often helps . . . although I can't find where that option is toggled on or off right now.

I don't think it's the act of quoting them that causes the notification. People generally follow threads on which they've posted (you have to unsubscribe after posting to a thread, or change your auto-subscribe option to keep that from happening.) So, they get a notification AND it shows that someone quoted their particular post and it gets attention. Everyone except a burglar likes to be noticed.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:35 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks David for the clarification. I seem to recall, years ago, that there was an option in the User CP/Edit Options to toggle that on and off? I may be thinking of another forum . . .

Peter
Old 12-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #35

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Thanks David for the clarification. I seem to recall, years ago, that there was an option in the User CP/Edit Options to toggle that on and off? I may be thinking of another forum . . .

Peter
It's still there. Under "Settings & Options" >> "Edit Options" there's a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode. It has a drop-down box that allows you to choose default levels of notification about updates to subscribed threads, and one of the states is "Do not subscribe."

Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks David, yes, I am aware of that.

Sorry for the ambiguity, I had thought that I could toggle on being notified by email when a post of mine was quoted, independent of whether I had subscribed to the thread or not.

I still think this used to be an option, now gone.

Peter

PS -- Let's drop this, the written process does not seem worth the effort.