Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Exclamation Someone Marked My Ads As Sold

I Have An Ad In The Classifieds, And Someone Marked It As Sold. I Did Not Do This. I Would Like To Know If Anyone Else Had This Problem And How To Prevent It In The Future.
happier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I know the classifieds have a default time limit. If you want it to run more than a couple of weeks, you have to set the cutoff time to what you want.
What was the item you had for sale? Maybe I can reconstruct the chain of events, so we can keep this problem from recurring.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Terry is correct. The system has an automated tool to clean out old items. This process is set to run on an automatic schedule, but I think it is hanging sometimes because I have run it manually before and it seemed like it had not run in a few days.

- Did you ever get an email warning you your item was going to be 'de-listed'?
- When did you list your item?

Also, any others that have experieced issues, please post. The more feedback we have the better we can troubleshoot these problems...

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Question classifieds

I listed my airstream on 7/22/05. There are ads older than mine in the classifieds. Here's the link. http://www.airforums.com/class...at=all&page=10

Should I rewrite the ad and post it again so that it will read as a new ad? The odd thing is that it didn't remove it because of age it marked it as sold. An entirely different thing.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by happier
I listed my airstream on 7/22/05. There are ads older than mine in the classifieds. Here's the link. http://www.airforums.com/class...at=all&page=10

Should I rewrite the ad and post it again so that it will read as a new ad? The odd thing is that it didn't remove it because of age it marked it as sold. An entirely different thing.
Strange. I will keep an eye on it for a while, although 90 days is a long time for an item to be for sale, it may have been flushed, or marked "sold" just because of the age of the ad. If it still hasn't sold in another 90 days, you may want to re-list it with different wording, photos, or price anyway. I have learned that after something is in a place for a prolonged time, it becomes "invisible".
Old 10-30-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

ad marked as sold

Thanks. I have no idea how long it was marked as sold. It had to be a few weeks at least because I received several inquiries and the last few always asked if the airstream was still for sale. I guess I should have looked at the ad when people started asking if it was still for sale. I'll probably relist it with new wording and pictures.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Your link in your post no longer works, but the ad is still up. I just checked, it is now at:
http://www.airforums.com/class...p?product=1137