Old 06-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
AW Chief is absolutely correct. Sellers should have to be participants on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #30

Austin , Texas
Classified Inquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeborn View Post
Do sellers mark their posts SOLD or do they just let them hang on the Classifieds, teasing folks like me who are trying to find an AS that suits their personal criteria?

I have had the experience of sellers with a 3-4 day old post never responding. Weren't they seriously seeking a buyer? Another behaved oddly & became uncommunicative after we asked for additional photos & said we would like to come to see it. A deal for over $18,000 ought to be straight forward, shouldn't it?

So far, trying to trade my cash money for a decent AS has been discouraging. I haven't been low balling anyone either, just hoping for clear information leading to a fair exchange of money for a trailer. Any advice?
I am having the same problem! Sent inquiries to at least 5 ads but have never received ONE response from anyone. I don't know if the units are still available or have been SOLD. We are serious buyers, but can't even get into a conversation with anyone.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Denver , North Carolina
Same issue here. I've reached out to the local chapters and so far no response.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #32

2005 25' International CCD
Wilmington , Ohio
Having just listed my 25 ft international for sale I can concur with several of the replies here. A legitimate seller wants to reply and have a person come and inspect the trailer. This site's forwarding email system to the seller will come into a "junk" Mail inbox on some people's email systems. To figure this out and also get out the number of photos to many inquirers is somewhat overwhelming to occasional computers users and seniors who may feel that some buyers are just wanting info for nefarious reasons.
I have had my OneDrive online photo album all deleted after sending out addit'l photos to many prospective buyers due to my inexperience. Plus all of my initial responses from buyers came into "junk mail inbox"....I think I have it corrected....but who knows?
Please be a little more forgiving of those less computer savvy than you...good fortune in your search to join the AS community.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Atlanta , Georgia
People also last in multiple places and once sold, they don't always keep up. Deleting or ignoring emails is easier for them than to go to a seldom visited website and try to remember the password to log in to delete the ad. I've had one response out of 3 inquiries before I eventually bought it off Craigslist. And that ad lingered on for about a week after.