Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
LA , California
Smile Seeking lge Airstream donated for EcoVillage documentary

I am trying to launch a project My EcoVillage, a documentary series where we travel to established EcoVillages around the globe & share what we learn from the Bioneers in the EcoVillage movement.
Our dream is to travel in an Airstream but currently cannot afford to purchase one. Can anyone donate theirs to this meaningful project? You will receive credit on our website, myecovillage.tv and we can even include you in one of our webisodes!
Please contact me at gabriela@myecovillage.tv
Keep in mind that we need a VERY large Airstream 'cause there are 6 of us (at least) traveling.
Thank you so much in advance!
Gabriela
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyEcoVillage_logo_rgb.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	130500  
Green Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums. It never hurts to ask, but I doubt anybody is just going to give you a roadworthy Airstream worth many thousands of dollars. Maybe you could attract a corporate sponsor willing to pay part of the cost of purchasing one.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
It sounds like an awesome project - very exciting. With a budget of "free", perhaps it will be quicker for you to find an older trailer in a bit of disrepair. At the very least you could bring a small propane stove, portable toilet, several sleeping bags and use it more like a hard-sided tent.

Whatever happens, best of luck and keep us posted. Lots of eco-minded people here who'd love to keep up with your travels.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Ponchatoula , Louisiana
Good luck!
I think you are a little more likely to find a trailer needing a rebuild for a donation.
But look at it this way, what's more green than saving one of these vintage virtues from the scrap heap? You could work the rebuild into your program as well. Also, you do not need a giant trailer to travel 6 peaple in if you are willing to take a 24 to 26 footer and install bunks during the renovation. The smaller the trailer, the more Eco friendly it is to pull around ( and more economical too in this age of high fuel prices)!
The members on this forum will give you all the advice and knowledge you need to make any and all repairs, they have been a big help to me for sure!
Brad
Baseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
As part of the "green" idea maybe you could start your project by acquiring a trailer that needs renovation/restoration. It's the sort of trailer for which you're more likely to find a donor, since it might be easier for someone to take a tax write-off than to sell a trailer that needs work. You can certainly get lots of knowledge donated on this forum, and depending on the location and your timeframe you may find lots of people willing to donate some of their time to the project.

Short of that, the recommendation to seek a corporate sponsor which can contribute to the purchase or lease of a trailer is probably a good one.

Oh, and don't forget you'll need a tow vehicle as well. To fit with the overall program, maybe a biodiesel-burning one?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
It takes a village to support an idealist.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1999 33' Land Yacht
Portland , Oregon
Ouch

First time posting.
This is an awesome forum to unite people and fuel passion. I am all cheers for furthering worthy causes.

John Yates
Portland, Oregon
99 ALY 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contribution, donate, donation, free