Old 06-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1992 21' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
I helped some friends place photos and ads for 4 tractors and a Mini Cooper in Albuquerque Craigslist. Within 24 hours we received an email like you describe ("out of country, paypal, agent will pick up") for all 5 ads. Each worded a bit differently, but all the same.

We responded that when the agent comes to pick up the ---- he should bring cash.

We also received an email for all ads that read something like this, "Hey, is this your merchandise?" with a link in the email. Deleted them all--NEVER click on a link in an email.

I guess these scum bags are watching all these websites and sending these emails by the thousands.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
1990 29' Land Yacht
Vintage Kin Owner
Americus , Also Valrico, Fl
SCAM- Be aware

There is a 97. 34'. For Sale and is supposedly in Alexander City, Al for $13,000.00. Sellers reply started to bring a smell of scam/fraud etc. Death in family / price includes delivery / phone # not good / and Sarah Goldman ( seller ) will advise me of the terms. That will be interesting. Will update.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 06-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara4rb View Post
We responded that when the agent comes to pick up the ---- he should bring cash.
AND a notarized document from the person granting the agent power of attorney. E-mail scammers aren't usually set up to forge paper documents with notary seals embossed on them.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mitzi View Post
There is a 97. 34'. For Sale and is supposedly in Alexander City, Al for $13,000.00. Sellers reply started to bring a smell of scam/fraud etc. Death in family / price includes delivery / phone # not good / and Sarah Goldman ( seller ) will advise me of the terms. That will be interesting. Will update.

You should report this. I have already reported another scam by Sarah Goodman. They deleted the ad right away.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
And of course the easiest way to spot a scam is that they will buy your Airstream without doing a physical inspection!

D'oh.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
I have heard of people buying them sight unseen. Don't know that I would do that, but there is a 25fb listed that is real tempting.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #21

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mitzi View Post

We are VERY interested in any classified activity that seems fishy. Please forward any suspect PMs to me, or suspect emails to classifieds@airforums.com if you feel like the seller or potential buyer is not above-board.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
We are VERY interested in any classified activity that seems fishy. Please forward any suspect PMs to me, or suspect emails to classifieds@airforums.com if you feel like the seller or potential buyer is not above-board.
I responded to this ad also, and got the same response you mention. Interesting point, I also responded to one from the Salt Lake City area about a month ago, and the response from that was nearly identical to this one.
I'm beginning a file and will save details on these from now on. The ones I've seen are all for 34' Airstreams...for whatever that's worth.

Larry C

1996 34' Excella 1000, interior totally redone, 2003 Dodge/Cummins HO, Diablo tuner, 115 gallon aux fuel, Bedslide, Airsafe/Reese Dual Cam, and a bunch of other stuff
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote