Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question removing a picture

I just used the upload picture feature for the first time. When I went to look at my photo gallery I had 2 copies of each picture I downloaded. What happened? The first screen let me choose the picture then I selected the download button. The next screen let me put more information to the picture then I selected the button at the bottom (forgot what it said). What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks.
happier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Looks fine to me, don't know what you're talking about.
Looks fine to me, don't know what you're talking about.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

I was looking for the way to remove pictures from my Photo gallery and didn't find one. I ran a search but found no description. How do we delete pictures from the photo gallery?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by happier
I just used the upload picture feature for the first time. When I went to look at my photo gallery I had 2 copies of each picture I downloaded. What happened?
Don't know for sure what happened. I was able to delete the dupes for you.

I don't think you can currently delete photos that have been uploaded. If you have photos you want removed PM me and I will take care of it.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I don't think you can currently delete photos that have been uploaded. If you have photos you want removed PM me and I will take care of it.
I deleted several yesterday.

You have to log on, select the photo you want to edit, click on the "edit" button, then, at the bottom of the page, is a "delete" option, with a warning that it cannot be undone - several steps, but, as of yesterday, it was doable.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Smile Picture removal

Thanks for removing the duplicate pictures.
happier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Portland , Oregon
New Photo Software on Forum

I think I need a primer on the changes with the new photo software on the forum. Here is what I've noticed so far:

1. There is no option to delete a photo when in edit mode. How do I delete?
2. When I try to edit one of my own photos, I receive the following message: vBulletin Message

halobender, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3. Are photo albums no longer a feature?
4. Is there no direct link to your own gallery for maintenance? Now that the letter links are gone (replaced with page numbers) it is a bit more challenging to find my own gallery, and even then I am unable to edit (see #2).

I think that covers it. Any help appreciated.

Thank you. Jill
halobender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #8
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Thumbs up Ditto to Problems

I, too, had some problems. I did manage to find my photo albums by using the number pages and getting to my site name. Pressing on my name gave me all my photo gallery (unlike when using the "search" button and putting in my name....that just seems to give me the photos in my main gallery. But, I noticed some of the pics in my main gallery were either blacked out or had a generic type pic (when pressed, the real pic does appear). Also, when I went to the "tools" button in upper right and tried to edit a description on one pic, I got the same message as described above about not having access. Thought it best to let you know if you are trying to eliminate glitches. Thanks.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote