Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Using windows 8 and cannot insert them, but, as you can see, bold, italics, and underline are no problem.

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, this is a test. Still no happy faces and once I use the bold it can't be stopped.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, this is a test. Still no happy faces and once I use the bold it can't be stopped.

I can use my bold button to turn your bold off.

Go to the bottom of the edit options page in your user CP and switch to the standard editor and see what happens. It is called "message editor interface"

I think this link might get you to that page.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I can use my bold button to turn your bold off.

Go to the bottom of the edit options page in your user CP and switch to the standard editor and see what happens. It is called "message editor interface"

I think this link might get you to that page.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

Ken
Hi, different, but still not right. Bold
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Quote:
Hi, different, but still not right. Bold

Its a good thing we really don't need this stuff.

The amount of assistance that we are getting from those that take care of this stuff is, so far, underwhelming.

I will admit that grabbing these little SOB heads, by their non existent necks and dropping them wherever we want with the mouse is somewhat satisfying. I going to stick the stupid one right here:

Ken
Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #26
Rivet Master

I have found another annoyance.

When I post, I like a single space between paragraphs. However lately I put a single space in the post, but when I post it there is a double space, I have to edit the post to remove the extra space.

Ken
Old 04-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Any emoticons here today?
No.

Name:   image-4268203873.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  54.0 KB

It's a puzzle.
Mockinbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockinbrd View Post
Any emoticons here today?
No.
It's a puzzle.
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
I have found another annoyance.

When I post, I like a single space between paragraphs. However lately I put a single space in the post, but when I post it there is a double space, I have to edit the post to remove the extra space.

Ken
Check your settings at the bottom, is HTML code "off". If you're getting double spacing it sounds like it's "on". In HTML, hitting 'Enter' will begin a new paragraph. I'm working OK, here are my settings:

Miscellaneous Options Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically retrieve titles from external links
Disable smilies in text

BB code is On Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Has anyone else used the contact us link at the bottom of the portal page recently? I left two messages in the last three days via that link asking for help on this subject. Neither one was responded to in any manner. Is this normal. I know a year or two ago I was able to correspond with someone about technical forum problems in a timely manner. This combined with the fact that none of the staff has shown any interest in this problem (thread) is not very confidence inspiring.

I have found out this much so far:

The problem with having to drag the emoticons has never even temporarily gone away.

The problem with bold, underline, and italics not working can sometimes be reset by switching to the standard editor and then back to the advance editor.

Yesterday twice, the editor locked up while I was trying to post something and I had to back up and restart the whole posting process.

The problem of getting two line feeds instead of one seems to happen almost all the time, but every once in a while it works correctly for a while.

I participate in two other forums that are based on this same basic forum software and have no problem with either one. I have the problems on all three computers that are regularly used in our household. All three are windows 7 Pro and the problems are the same on Internet explorer and Chrome. There are at least two other users that have posted in this thread experiencing some of the same things.

It obviously has something to do with Airforums. Probably something is corrupt in at least a few users profiles.

I have totally cleared all cookies and all other forms of browsing history off one of the computers. Other than causing me a lot of work setting up a bunch of different websites again, it had no effect.

I know if I post a few obscene, but obscure swear words, I will get very timely response from the forums' administration. (believe me, I know some) So how about someone start a dialog with me so I don't have to resort to that to get some attention.

Ken

Edit: notice the large space between each paragraph. On each one I pressed the enter button only once at the end of the last sentence in the paragraph.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I agree, Ken. If it's following you on all 3 computers across 2 browsers, it's the AS Forum account that has the issues. Do the others that have the same problem have any special characters in their forum names?

I contacted the admins about an issue by finding that forum and posting. I listed the most recent posts and found one in the Forum and Member Account Info forum. I clicked on the forum link and posted. I got a response within a day.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
I agree, Ken. If it's following you on all 3 computers across 2 browsers, it's the AS Forum account that has the issues. Do the others that have the same problem have any special characters in their forum names?

I contacted the admins about an issue by finding that forum and posting. I listed the most recent posts and found one in the Forum and Member Account Info forum. I clicked on the forum link and posted. I got a response within a day.

Thanks Rich,

Well that's the Forum we are in now. When I last had a technical problem, the moderator who helped me was "Canoestream", but I looked at his profile and he hasn't checked into the forums for several weeks. Maybe he's the only technically inclined one there is.

Neither one has any special characters. Just for the heck of it, I checked and found that there are 322 members who have an & in their user name.

Ken
Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I'm still having problems with happy faces and bold ETC. I thought by now a moderator would have fixed this or at least acknowledged that we have a problem. On the bright side, today was the first time in quite a while that I could click on a picture and view it. Before, I had to right click and open the link to view a larger picture. I haven't tried this lately, but I used to be able to down load four pictures at once. Now it's one at a time, like when I had dial up service.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Thumbs down Some one tried to fix it for me

Quote:
Hi, I'm still having problems with happy faces and bold ETC. I thought by now a moderator would have fixed this or at least acknowledged that we have a problem. On the bright side, today was the first time in quite a while that I could click on a picture and view it. Before, I had to right click and open the link to view a larger picture. I haven't tried this lately, but I used to be able to down load four pictures at once. Now it's one at a time, like when I had dial up service.

Yesterday, I got sick of this BS, so I switched my editor to the standard editor using the box in my edit options page. That made the most serious errors go away (the mid post keyboard lockups) (I hope) However the display is much less an indication of what is going to post and periodic problems still pop up, but I was bumbling along.

This morning a got an email from "Airforums Support" responding to a request a couple days ago I sent via the "contact us button" asking permission to temporarily open another account to find out for sure that this was tied to my account and not my equipment.

Here is the respond:

"Please do not create another account.

I changed your account Message Editor Interface from Standard Editor to Enhanced Editor (WYSIWYG), which is what everyone should have.

I don't know why your account was different
."

I effing give up!!!, I have more productive things to spend my time getting frustrated with.

So I anticipate much less posting from me in the future.

Ken

Old 04-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #35
Rivet Master

There is only one logical explanation that I can think of for this problem.
I'm am willing to bet (not very much though) that there has been a recent update (within a week or two) to the forums software that affected the Enhanced and perhaps the Standard and Basic Editors. Once the editor a user is using encounters some unknown glitch it acts weirdly and does not straighten out until everything gets set back to ground zero again. How one reaches ground zero I do not know.

I forgot to mention the message that I got this morning, showed the case as resolved/closed and referred me to http://www.socialknowledge.com/support/index.php?/airstream
Which apparently I don't have the credentials to sign in. It won't accept my Airforums ID and password.
I am amazed that no one in a position to do anything about is willing to engage in a two way exchange.

Ken

I'm sure glad I'm not stranded on a deserted island, sending an SOS.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Thanks Rich,
Well that's the Forum we are in now.
D'OH!!!!

Quote:
Neither one has any special characters. Just for the heck of it, I checked and found that there are 322 members who have an & in their user name.
OK, well that shoots down that theory.

Quote:
I'm am willing to bet (not very much though) that there has been a recent update (within a week or two) to the forums software that affected the Enhanced and perhaps the Standard and Basic Editors
In my programming days I always said "The last thing fixed is the first thing broken" which means exactly what you said, probably an update or patch was applied. When I first started on here, if I clicked on an image in a post, nothing happened. I had to right-click and select "open in new window" to see it. Now I can click and the picture will enlarge. We are also seeing ads mixed in with the posts so something has definitely changed.
Attached Images

2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Here is the latest little quirk:

If I want to select a block of text and make it BOLD. It will only work if I select it starting at the end of the text and going backwards. If I select it forwards, the B button does nothing. Once I make it bold, I better be happy with it, because often it fails to recognize it as bold so I cant change it back.

Ken
Old 04-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #38
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
This whole site is not becoming suspect. I have been experiencing a large number of "locks" to protect my computer from data transfer??

The most recent, just a few minutes ago shown with the page capture attached below.

I suspect these problems originate from the evasive tracking adds included within the site.

This site has a tremendous amount of useful information on it and its a shame it is being destroyed by many outside interests that have no real attachment to the products discussed. (check out those useless adds included everywhere on this site.)

I think its time someone took corrective action to clean this site up before interest SPIRALS DOWNWARD, just like WBCCI.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Forums Site Warning.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	209169  
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #39
Rivet Master

I got one of those a couple of days ago, but I am pretty sure it was not on Airforums. I think mine was a result of clicking on a link Google had provided in its search. I took its advice and did not continue. I assumed that it came from Microsoft security essentials, but I don't know that for sure. Did you click on a link or did it just pop up out of nowhere?

Ken
Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #40
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I was trying to answer another thread when it happened. I just closed the page and reopened AF from my favourites.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote