Old 09-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
Posting Picture/Best Practices

I need assistance/Info on posting on the forum with picture. I've tried several times to add picture to my a couple of my post and nothing is showing up.. Can someone direct me to maybe a document on best practices for posting on the forum.. I have a 1973 Airstream Land Yacht and would like to start regular posting maybe even my own blog as i restore her..When i attach a file i get upload failed.. Help please..

Old 09-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Out in left field......

1973 27' Overlander
Solidarite , Georgia
Here you go: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...tml#post612569

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Sumiton , Alabama
OK think i figured out why my photo didn't post it was size so a quick jump over to Photoshop and presto pictures.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
Out in left field......

1973 27' Overlander
Solidarite , Georgia
I downsize my photos to 1024 x 768 (i think it is) because that was once the size limit for the forums. Lets you conserve your overall limit so you can post more.

Where is your thread? We have a '73 also.

Edit: Oops, found it,never mind.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
I downsize my photos to 1024 x 768 (i think it is) because that was once the size limit for the forums. Lets you conserve your overall limit so you can post more.
[snip]
Jim
Hi Jim, I am also having trouble attaching photos, and have submitted two Contact Us requests over a couple of days [from the link at the bottom of the page]. I am pretty familiar with the attachment process from other forums, and have only submitted a 1.3 mb file in JPG format from my Apple laptop, which has all but the most recent Yosemite OS update.

I upgraded my membership here to Supporting Member status, in hopes that would help. No go as of just now. Does an Admin or Moderator have to toggle on posting attachments for my account?

Thanks for any suggestions or additional information you would like to know. This is a great forum, but not being able to post photos is awkward at this point.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- edit -- "Upload of file failed" is the error message I keep getting.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I like to host my images on google photos and then link them in posts between the [ IMG ] tags.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks -- I am not wild about third-party hosting sites, especially Google, for privacy reasons. I just received a reply from this forum's Support, so hopefully a solution is just, er, down the road a bit . . .

Nice adventure you are on, and great websites you have! Congratulations for making it happen.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Hi Jim, I am also having trouble attaching photos, and have submitted two Contact Us requests over a couple of days [from the link at the bottom of the page]. I am pretty familiar with the attachment process from other forums, and have only submitted a 1.3 mb file in JPG format from my Apple laptop, which has all but the most recent Yosemite OS update.

I upgraded my membership here to Supporting Member status, in hopes that would help. No go as of just now. Does an Admin or Moderator have to toggle on posting attachments for my account?

Thanks for any suggestions or additional information you would like to know. This is a great forum, but not being able to post photos is awkward at this point.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- edit -- "Upload of file failed" is the error message I keep getting.
Hi Peter,

Moderators would not have to toggle anything, you do have to have a certain number of posts to post pictures but you are well over that limit.

Did you try the method in the link from post number two?

Post 7 here
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ics-44928.html

Sometimes the easiest work around is what Bold Adventure does and host your pictures on another site ... Then just post the URL.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Yes, Shelly I followed it to the letter, I think! I always check the FAQ first, and I have posted attachments on very similar forums many times, so not sure what the problem is.

As I just noted, Support is working on this, so hopefully a solution is at hand.

Thanks

PS -- I have an Apple MacBook Pro laptop if this affects anything.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
PS Shelly -- great blog! What a project you have undertaken. The paint job looks fine indeed . . .

Peter
Old 10-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Support wrote today and said they are having photo problems, and they are working on it. Nice to receive confirmation . . . thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #12
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Thanks -- I am not wild about third-party hosting sites, especially Google, for privacy reasons.
You know everything you post and upload here not only belongs 100% to Social Knowledge, LLC but will be scrapped and served by google.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
You know everything you post and upload here not only belongs 100% to Social Knowledge, LLC but will be scrapped and served by google.
Of course, but no one here has to sign up for a Google account. Big difference . . .

Plus I clean cache and delete cookies every hour or so.

"scraped?"
Old 10-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Support wrote today and said they are having photo problems, and they are working on it. Nice to receive confirmation . . . thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
[snip]
Did you try the method in the link from post number two?
[snip]
Attaching a photo still does not work, and I am wondering Shelly if as a moderator you can bump this issue to someone's attention? I realize it is the weekend, but apparently other sites hosted by this forum's umbrella company are also having photo problems. Any idea when we might have a solution?

Thanks,

Peter