Old 03-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Oakdale , Minnesota
Anyone else experiencing long load times after the header is presented?
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #58
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , S.Florida
Display time ...

Yes, longer than normal. Further, can't seem to start new thread. Keeps displaying the 5 minute rule! Soooooo, if this reply posts, why can't I start a thread???
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Things seem to be getting worse..I even went to check my internet connection's speed and, it's clocking right at 2.7 to 3.2 mbs..To open a page, etc.. within this forum takes forever..Are you listening Andy???
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Train Go By

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
did the train leave the station yet?
The train LEFT, made a full revolution, came BACK to the station, tried to post again, and it still doesn't work.

And it's SUCH a fascinating item!!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #61
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Driftwood and 53Flying Cloud, The load times are getting longer and longer for me as well. I posted about this problem several weeks ago and it seemed to improve for a while. Now it is back to loading VERY slowly again. I agree, it makes a huge difference to those of us in rural areas who rely upon dial up. Right now I am on at 52.0 Kbps, but at other times I'm lucky to get on at 42.0 Kbps.
GStephens
Old 03-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Dial-Up vs. Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens
Driftwood and 53Flying Cloud, The load times are getting longer and longer for me as well. I posted about this problem several weeks ago and it seemed to improve for a while. Now it is back to loading VERY slowly again. I agree, it makes a huge difference to those of us in rural areas who rely upon dial up. Right now I am on at 52.0 Kbps, but at other times I'm lucky to get on at 42.0 Kbps.
GStephens
I am still dial-up, by choice.. althought I'm not rural.

It seems that so many zillions of people went to cable that dial-up is NOT that slow anymore,

except I STILL CAN NOT POST A NEW THREAD!

Boo Hoo!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #63
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
I am still dial-up, by choice.. althought I'm not rural.

It seems that so many zillions of people went to cable that dial-up is NOT that slow anymore,
If you get a DSL or Broadband, you'll know the difference right out of the gate....as an avid DSL and DS3 user, it's hard to go home to 3mb when I have access to a DS3 at work. At any rate, the difference in cost is getting within reason (dial-up service vs. broadband/DSL). I'd be very hard pressed to go back to a dial up unless I was in real bad shape. At the very least, OS patches and upgrades done via the web in most cases are just plain not possible over a dial-up connection. Which means folks on dial-up tend to get all the nasy hacks and viruses because it's a PITA to get the machines updated properly...but if you can't get DSL or Broadband, maybe sat might be an option. I though I saw one that did both up and down from the dish....but don't quote me on that....

A bad day in broadband land beats an awesome day in dial-up land.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #64

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
DSL, where available is becomming so price competitive that it doesn't make sense to stay with it. My neighbor uses dial up from MSN and is paying $18.00 or so a month for the subscription. SBC is selling Yahoo DSL for $19.95 a month. Obviously he is moving to DSL ASAP.
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Dial-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
DSL, where available is becomming so price competitive that it doesn't make sense to stay with it. My neighbor uses dial up from MSN and is paying $18.00 or so a month for the subscription. SBC is selling Yahoo DSL for $19.95 a month. Obviously he is moving to DSL ASAP.

I pay 10.95 a month, unlimited, and am not online 24/7.

I always ask myself.. what would I do? Shop faster?

I have used DSL at other places and it moves so fast, it's scary.. and I am not always the first one to move forward and change things ;-) I bet sooner or later I may have to, though.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Hey!!

My new thread just posted!

I've been trying for DAYS.. and now it "just went."

Yay!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #67

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1

I always ask myself.. what would I do? Shop faster?
I'm not sure what you use your PC for but for example, I did my taxes with Turbo Tax. You always go through a few updates before all the tax forms and calculations are final. My neighbor uses the same software. My download time to upgrade using DSL, less than 4 minutes. His time using dial-up, 90 minutes.

If you have Windows XP, did you do the service pack 2 upgrade? Quite honestly with firewalls, virus checkers, Windows security upgrades, and then the patches that come though on Microsoft Office, TurboTax, Quicken, game patches etc., I don't know how much time it would take if I didn't have DSL. And even at a $10 per month premium, its less than a second phone line.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #68
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Houston we have a problem.....

The name of this thread should be changed to "Definate Forum Problems".

Recently, the load times for each page have gotten snail slow. I have a broadband connection and dial-up as well. Pages that used to load instantly are now taking up to a minute (broadband). Dial up is actually not much worse....

Another bug: When posting in advanced mode, the smilie icon menu is messed up. The "mouse over" hover menu that explains what each face means is wrong. Smilies are called arrows, arrows are called red face, etc.

What's up?

Andy are you there????

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #69

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Another bug: When posting in advanced mode, the smilie icon menu is messed up. The "mouse over" hover menu that explains what each face means is wrong. Smilies are called arrows, arrows are called red face, etc.
Yep the Post Icons (below the message reply box) are labeled incorrectly as you hover over them. My response time is varying. Anywhere from immediate to as much as 20 seconds wait before the screen pops up. Why? Obviously we know there are software problems with this current release. Unfortunately we don't know the timeframe for the author's of this software to fix the various problems. Obviously they are well documented in this thread.

Maybe our best course of action is to post new and different problems from this point on. I think we have all beat upon the known issues in the previous postings that repeating them again and again will provide no additional solutions or information that will help resolve this issues. I think almost everyone including the moderators have experienced the issues listed so far.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by a concerned moderator
...I think almost everyone including the moderators have experienced the issues listed so far.
"Almost" being the key word. The last thread the webmaster started was on January 18, and was titled "Upgrading Software".

Since he is now logging on somewhat infrequently now, it may actually help to keep posting "me too" responses to keep the thread on the main page where he might see it.

Tom