Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
Can't post a new thread. If I try to re-post, it says it is a duplicate and I am redirected to the forum of the new thread but the thread is not there.
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #22
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Just got this one:
Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

I am getting the same server busy message. And I am getting the error that the site don't exist at all. I am on dial up, a mac and using netscape. I am however glad to hear it wasn't just me having the problems.
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #24

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon
I am getting the same server busy message. And I am getting the error that the site don't exist at all. I am on dial up, a mac and using netscape. I am however glad to hear it wasn't just me having the problems.
It looks like Andy may have rebooted the server when things really got ugly with the server busy message this morning. You can usually tell because we get the dns error regarding the site not being found then followed by getting on and noticing that the whose online count is very low.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Backup Backup Backup Backup

Somewhere back in my countless hours of meandering thru and around this wonderful forum I have read a very few posts that if not predicting problems at the least alluded that doomsday might eventually arrive here. Oh how I hope those souls were and are not on to something.

I am I admit, a member of the "leave well enough along" (to a point) school.
I know full well about boys will be boys and keep buying toys, but how many bells and whistles can be added before the old fire engine can't pull out of the station any more?

Someone of us has/had a great quotation in signature about Progress and the consequences of too much of it I think I recall.

Progress may have been alright once, but it has gone on too long.
-
Ogden Nash

Here is hoping that all of this forum and all pictures etc are backed up regularly.
In the beginning there was nothing......which exploded.
-unknown

Let us not ever go back to the beginning. PLEASE!
however,
The best laid schemes o' mice and men often go astray.
-
Robert Burns 1759-1796

Oh and one last thought..
Why oh why do so many of you apologise or qualify every time you find fault with the forum by stating that you aren't complaining???????
What exactly is it you think you are doing?
Are we members forbidden from being critical?
I know we are not permitted to criticize the admins personally, but is the damm software and its PITA effects off limits also?

Flicka

Hit'nMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Send a message via Yahoo to tnsue
Sad

Gosh, hate to tell y'all, but I have not had any trouble with this Forum.

I am one of the lucky ones I guess.

Am having trouble with Yahoo though, so things are heating up on the Internet I guess.

Life would be much simpler if we just sat around in our rocking chairs and whittled...............life slower then but not near as much fun.

TNSue
tnsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Flicka, to maybe help you understand, I am not complaining, and because I do not want my words to be construed that way, I try to explain. However, I do feel a real concern and I am also expressing that because --to my total surprise --this "darned old forum" has somehow insinuated itself into my daily life in a way that I never expected it to do (kind of like an annoying new pup that turns out to be the mature dog love of your life!). I don't want the forum to fall apart or get so unusable that I'll no longer enjoy the chat, and helpful information, and friendships that it has brought our way. I didn't provide the server nor do I do the work of the Forum, so all I know to do to help is had out praise where I can and express my concerns or observations where I see problems, appreciating so much those who can make a difference for all of this. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the forum members feel about this much the way I do! By the way, I loved all your quotes
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Me too! Sometimes

I get Server busy every once and a while, but, hey, the more users and the busier that server will get serving up all this info to everyone...I just am patient and it usually lets me in.

As for my Private messages, I am having a problem accessing these, and get the same error every time I try to access them:

Opps... 404 Error
Click here to continue...

Please advise. Is there another way to access your PMs?

Thanks,

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Yes...click any thread which will open it and then go to check your PMs. If you try to do it from the main screen, you'll get the oops 404 page that will send you right back.

Check out what I mean, since you are reading this you are in a thread, go to the upper right and click on private messages and you should get right through.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #30
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
More often than not, I am unable to start a thread, or get the too busy screen. This has made me come here less - I have things to say, and no way to say them.. I do not usually have any problem adding a reply, but starting threads is pointless most times.

Theo
Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I wonder if vBadvanced Inc released the forum software upgrade before all the bugs were worked out because the old version had a major security flaw. I remember Andy saying he had to upgrade because of the security issue. I imagine we will probably have to put up with the bugs for awhile until the next upgrade is available. (sad face smilie here if I could)

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:23 AM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That would make sense why we can't go back.

(added manually).
Old 03-04-2005, 10:58 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I can only use the quick reply right now, the reply button gives me a box you can't type into.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
I just used the post reply. Has worked fine for us today. Not sure if that is what you meant by quick reply. Maybe there is something new for me to learn.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie

(added manually).
How did you manually do this? I'm on a mac and have tried and failed to post smilies...please share your secret!

I also get "server busy" and couldn't get in a few times...seems ok now though.

Barb
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:18 AM   #36
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
I can only use the quick reply right now, the reply button gives me a box you can't type into.
Alan,
I think it most be a moderator issue...Shari has been having the same problem...hehehe

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #37
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaStreamin
How did you manually do this? I'm on a mac and have tried and failed to post smilies...please share your secret!

I also get "server busy" and couldn't get in a few times...seems ok now though.

Barb
Barb,
I assume this works on a Mac, but by manually you type in the code for the particular smilie...for example :-wink-: if you eliminate the dashes will give you a winking smilie. You will have to go to the edit/reply to figure out what the rest of them are... Or pehaps someone can post a list. They do vary from board to board.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 03-05-2005, 07:48 AM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I actually do both. For eek, I do what Aaron does...but for frown, or basic smiles I just do what I would do in an email and it converts it. For example "" "" "" would be in order colon+right paranth for regular smile, colon+ left paranth for frown an big smile colon+capital letter D.

This reminds me of why I always bitch about teaching kids at school the manual ways folks did things so that when the technology fails, they actually know how things work. Not really on subject, but I find that with all the shortcuts in life (calculators, computers, GPS, cell, etc) it always amazes me how when we do have an outage (though rare), how we all still try to turn the light switch by habit or when our network goes down at work (also rare--better be I run it! ) how all things seem to come to a complete stop as if folks forgot how to use a pencil and paper. Soapbox off.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #39
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
This reminds me of why I always bitch about teaching kids at school the manual ways folks did things so that when the technology fails, they actually know how things work. how all things seem to come to a complete stop as if folks forgot how to use a pencil and paper. Soapbox off.

I agree completely! Many, many, moons ago when I was learning basic construction they would not let us use the pneumatic air nailers until we learned how to use a hammer and use them we did. We built 2 complete houses using all manual hand tools, and I do mean all no electric saws either

If you can do a good job using manual tools you can do an excellent job using the labor saving devices....

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 03-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #40
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Lightbulb memories of a simpler life...back to basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Many, many, moons ago when I was learning basic construction ....
That's true in many circumstances I guess. I have to teach student pilots how to navigate with a compass and a watch and then they buy a GPS and never look back. Also, I remember my first internet class...we spent 4 days learning (yawning through)FTP, TELNET etc and then the instructor showed us the Mosaic web browser. Of course we all knew instantly that surfing was an awsome tool

Nobody has mentioned this bug yet: I haven't been able to get into anybody's photo album for at least a week.

Finally: could somebody please briefly explain the economics of this forum? The owner makes money from the side bar ads right? That's why membership is free?

Thanks,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote