Old 03-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Its this software. I am on several forums running it and all the same problem. Its resource intensive. It needs HUGE ram and fast processor if it gets an kind of load going. 2 of the other sites are buying new servers to deal with it.

59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #16
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I too have been very disappointed in this site for most of the past month. I've experienced most of the problems earlier discussed. Server busy, couldn't post and couldn't reply to posts. The number of new posts seem to be down significantly. Hope it gets better soon. Like maxandgeorgia I am not pulling up the forum as often and I'm forced to shut it down when it doesn't work.
GStephens

Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Yep, have had all of these problems mentioned, plus being on a dial up connection, seems to compound the problems.
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:07 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
1967 26' Overlander
Lisle , Illinois
Eric here is a new one for your list. I just get this one this morning.

Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ugala/software/forums/includes/init.php:27) in /includes/functions.php on line 2940
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd find it hard to believe that a 1.5 year old server (or newer) is already too weak to handle the software. If that is the case, then I think most forum operators would have a legit beef (unless it was clearly marked on the software box the new system requirements). That said, maybe I would have left it at it's current rev and not gone to this one if it indicated the resources it needed to run properly. If however it's just software ghosts in the code, then we're all in for a fun ride while the code is patched cause I am sure Andy would have gone back to the older version....sometimes though the new software enhances the data files for the current version making the going back senario not realistic or painlessly possible.

Gotta love how tech company's build in all this job security!

I know this is not Andy's only forum, so I don't envy the work he's got ahead of him.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:27 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I'm having the same problems everyone else is. I went to work and used the State's computer to try to get in, thinking it was my home computer (which is only 2 months old). Nothing worked any better. I cannot get PM without going in a back way either. I hope it gets fixed soon. I think I'm addicted to Airstream forum as much as I'm addicted to that little Argosy sitting in my side yard. Judy
Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
Can't post a new thread. If I try to re-post, it says it is a duplicate and I am redirected to the forum of the new thread but the thread is not there.
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #22
Out in left field......

1973 27' Overlander
Solidarite , Georgia
Just got this one:
Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_gallery.php on line 349
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

I am getting the same server busy message. And I am getting the error that the site don't exist at all. I am on dial up, a mac and using netscape. I am however glad to hear it wasn't just me having the problems.
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #24

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon
I am getting the same server busy message. And I am getting the error that the site don't exist at all. I am on dial up, a mac and using netscape. I am however glad to hear it wasn't just me having the problems.
It looks like Andy may have rebooted the server when things really got ugly with the server busy message this morning. You can usually tell because we get the dns error regarding the site not being found then followed by getting on and noticing that the whose online count is very low.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Backup Backup Backup Backup

Somewhere back in my countless hours of meandering thru and around this wonderful forum I have read a very few posts that if not predicting problems at the least alluded that doomsday might eventually arrive here. Oh how I hope those souls were and are not on to something.

I am I admit, a member of the "leave well enough along" (to a point) school.
I know full well about boys will be boys and keep buying toys, but how many bells and whistles can be added before the old fire engine can't pull out of the station any more?

Someone of us has/had a great quotation in signature about Progress and the consequences of too much of it I think I recall.

Progress may have been alright once, but it has gone on too long.
-
Ogden Nash

Here is hoping that all of this forum and all pictures etc are backed up regularly.
In the beginning there was nothing......which exploded.
-unknown

Let us not ever go back to the beginning. PLEASE!
however,
The best laid schemes o' mice and men often go astray.
-
Robert Burns 1759-1796

Oh and one last thought..
Why oh why do so many of you apologise or qualify every time you find fault with the forum by stating that you aren't complaining???????
What exactly is it you think you are doing?
Are we members forbidden from being critical?
I know we are not permitted to criticize the admins personally, but is the damm software and its PITA effects off limits also?

Flicka

Old 03-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Send a message via Yahoo to tnsue
Sad

Gosh, hate to tell y'all, but I have not had any trouble with this Forum.

I am one of the lucky ones I guess.

Am having trouble with Yahoo though, so things are heating up on the Internet I guess.

Life would be much simpler if we just sat around in our rocking chairs and whittled...............life slower then but not near as much fun.

TNSue
Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Flicka, to maybe help you understand, I am not complaining, and because I do not want my words to be construed that way, I try to explain. However, I do feel a real concern and I am also expressing that because --to my total surprise --this "darned old forum" has somehow insinuated itself into my daily life in a way that I never expected it to do (kind of like an annoying new pup that turns out to be the mature dog love of your life!). I don't want the forum to fall apart or get so unusable that I'll no longer enjoy the chat, and helpful information, and friendships that it has brought our way. I didn't provide the server nor do I do the work of the Forum, so all I know to do to help is had out praise where I can and express my concerns or observations where I see problems, appreciating so much those who can make a difference for all of this. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the forum members feel about this much the way I do! By the way, I loved all your quotes
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Me too! Sometimes

I get Server busy every once and a while, but, hey, the more users and the busier that server will get serving up all this info to everyone...I just am patient and it usually lets me in.

As for my Private messages, I am having a problem accessing these, and get the same error every time I try to access them:

Opps... 404 Error
Click here to continue...

Please advise. Is there another way to access your PMs?

Thanks,

Rob

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote