Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Political Advertising and Solicitation

I fully understand why political discussion is not a good thing on forums.
So would someone please explain to me, why I have to see partisan political ads and solicitations for donations on the top of the portal page.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
The ads you're seeing are likely the ones that Google (?) places there. They're based on your own browsing history. (I confirmed this for myself by by finding an ad for an online place for eyeglasses here on AF soon after shopping for new glasses there.) Don't sweat them; they pay the bills.

Lynn
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
The ads you're seeing are likely the ones that Google (?) places there. They're based on your own browsing history. (I confirmed this for myself by by finding an ad for an online place for eyeglasses here on AF soon after shopping for new glasses there.) Don't sweat them; they pay the bills.

Lynn
I'll tell you one thing for sure, the ones that are popping up on my screen are most definately not coming from my browsing. However I know what you mean otherwise. I go to some obsure bussiness's website, and the next time I come to Airforums, the ad tell me what I was looking at.

I'm guessing you are not suffering what we are here in Colorado. Next time there's an election ,if Colorado is still a swing state, I'm heading somewhere else for about 4 months. The phone rings 20 times a day, every single commercial break has at least 4 political ads, our recycle bin fills up with junk mail before pickup day comes around. Can you imagine what could be done for our country if all that money was put to some productive use.

I was just hoping Airforums was a refuge from all this election BS, but this evening it started showing up here as well. I am going to lock myself in the bathroom until next Wednesday. However, I'll probably find political ads on the toilet paper. At least that's a fitting place for them.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
The ads on TV with all the political types looking like a begging cocker spaniel telling me how good they are with their loving senior citizen moms and familys at their sides are making me seriously nautious. And I have a pretty strong stomach. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
New Haven , Connecticut
I use ad block plus, it's a free add on for google chrome or firefox browser. no more ads...i don't see any. when i use firefox to watch tv shows, the ads get skipped. i hate advertising. especially political ones. this is america and if don't want to see ads, i don't.dam it!
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
One of the advantages of living in Durango is that we have to watch Albuquerque TV where the only political ads are for Wilson and Hindrich. On the other hand, a Durango school class thought Martinez was governor of Colorado!
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I bet half the graduating seniors in this country don't even know where Colorado is.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I bet half the graduating seniors in this country don't even know where Colorado is.
From what I've seen, neither do half the graduating seniors in Colorado.